• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan Thompson 6th Man of the Year

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's a big part of the issue in Cleveland. Every year, the Cavs try to put together a roster that will limit how much Lebron has to do. Every year, it seems like he has to do more.

If D-Wade and Rose can stay healthy and IT returns from his hip issue with no further problems...the Cavs should finally be able to have a season where Lebron could actually have less to do.

But if they can't, it's going to be more of the same. Even he has to wear down eventually....right?

Totally agree. It looks like a roster that can finally handle LeBron going to the bench without immediately melting down.

BUT... the guys that make the roster look like that also have plenty of age/injury question marks hovering over them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs already know that Lebron is destined to be a Laker and they are trying to make sure he's all used up by the time he gets here? :noidea:

:D

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs already know that Lebron is destined to be a Laker and they are trying to make sure he's all used up by the time he gets here? :noidea:

:D

lol, I certainly wouldn't put it passed Gilbert to be that ingeniously stupid

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. It looks like a roster that can finally handle LeBron going to the bench without immediately melting down.

BUT... the guys that make the roster look like that also have plenty of age/injury question marks hovering over them.

Yeah, that's why my take is that, on paper, the Cavs improved their team. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that, on paper, they look like they could truly challenge the Warriors. The problem will be getting them to the finals in one piece.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's a big part of the issue in Cleveland. Every year, the Cavs try to put together a roster that will limit how much Lebron has to do. Every year, it seems like he has to do more.

If D-Wade and Rose can stay healthy and IT returns from his hip issue with no further problems...the Cavs should finally be able to have a season where Lebron could actually have less to do.

But if they can't, it's going to be more of the same. Even he has to wear down eventually....right?

So were banking on the endurance of Rose/Wade, plus IHOP to get on the court?
I'll go with probably not happening for $500, Alex.

It will be the annual LeBron pretty much needs to do it all show.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were banking on the endurance of Rose/Wade, plus IHOP to get on the court?
I'll go with probably not happening for $500, Alex.

It will be the annual LeBron pretty much needs to do it all show.

Take lebron from the team and they struggle to win 35 games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take lebron from the team and they struggle to win 35 games

I did like some of their moves, and others were done on the cheap (Rose, Wade), so they were good from a value standpoint, but how much they actually help remains to be seen. If you take a quick look at Rose's and Wade's stats from last year, they look decent, but they have far regressed from star status to average (or just above average) in terms of efficiency. The IT/Kyrie trade was a minor step back if healthy, but a major step back until IT can play.

I did like the additions of Green and especially Crowder, as they can help behind Lebron and give him more rest, and provide some toughness at F. Does Green even make the team though? I don't know enough about Osman or Zizic to really know what they will bring, but they at the very least are usable cogs.

Who will make the final cut to 15? Calderon or Felder and at least one more need to be trimmed from this batch of potentials (obviously some of these positions are blurred a bit):

PG: IT, Rose, Calderon, Felder
SG: Wade, JR Smith, Shumpert
SF: Lebron, Korver, Jefferson, Osman
PF: Crowder, Frye, Green
C: Love, Thompson, Zizic

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far everyone on the team is really showing great attitudes. (Shump would be the 1 guy who has vocalized frustration, but he and Lue had a meeting where he aired it all out apparently).

Its easier to have that attitude in the pre-season, though, vs in game 38 of the regular season when the team has lost 3 games in a row your ass is till on the bench. Hopefully the team-first attitude can last throughout the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far everyone on the team is really showing great attitudes. (Shump would be the 1 guy who has vocalized frustration, but he and Lue had a meeting where he aired it all out apparently).

Its easier to have that attitude in the pre-season, though, vs in game 38 of the regular season when the team has lost 3 games in a row your ass is till on the bench. Hopefully the team-first attitude can last throughout the season.

Yeah the chances of this lasting with Shump at least seems highly unlikely. Will be pretty shocked if he is still on the team in March. Frye is more of a professional than Shump and he may already be used to the bench role after the playoffs last season

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not starting at center?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to start crowder so they benched tt and moved love to c

So James at PF? Hmmmmmmm, that's a good lineup. But Love's defense at center will be um.......interesting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So James at PF? Hmmmmmmm, that's a good lineup. But Love's defense at center will be um.......interesting.
If Dirk can play the 5, why not Love?

Who's gonna give him problems outside of what he faces trying to guard 4's besides Whiteside, Boogie, Gasol, Jokic?

They give everyone fits.

Jordan, Drummond, Gobert, Howard are offensively bankrupt outside of lobs and putbacks.

Horford is probably a 4 playing out of position.

Not that many bruising true centers left.