• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! I just read tomorrow's congressional picnic has been cancelled? Whats the incentive for them to work so hard if things like this are cancelled?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! I just read tomorrow's congressional picnic has been cancelled? Whats the incentive for them to work so hard if things like this are cancelled?

yah ... i saw all the tents are already in use elsewhere

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me agrees with you, part of me doesn't.
By itself if you ask me if its worth the wall funding to reunite the kids with their families I would say sure. But whats next after that?
Do you think there are boundaries that Trump wouldn't cross? Whats going to be the concession next time? Withholding Medicaid Prescriptions until Social Security is revamped?
Trump and his people did this in they alone shoulder the blame.

exactly ... what is next after that? ... let the King make these horrible choices that are traumatizing families and then someone else is supposed to fix it by placating him ... what fuckin world is this???
Just do everything he says or else face the wraith???

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me agrees with you, part of me doesn't.
By itself if you ask me if its worth the wall funding to reunite the kids with their families I would say sure. But whats next after that?
Do you think there are boundaries that Trump wouldn't cross? Whats going to be the concession next time? Withholding Medicaid Prescriptions until Social Security is revamped?
Trump and his people did this in they alone shoulder the blame.
I see it as the dragon has been unleashed, we can either do what we can to keep the dragon at bay or watch the city burn while saying "I told you the dragon would burn the city down". What's better at this point?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believing that if there was a solution to this predicated solely on "the wall" it was worth giving them that in return for not tearing families apart is hardly "spreading bullshit".

its amazing to me that people dont have a read on this lieing grifter yet after all he has done ... you say he would not relent on this and he does relent like an hour after you presuppose he wouldnt ... he has gone back on his word time and time again throughout his life

spreading the bullshit is saying this wasnt a policy choice from the beginning... it was his adminsitrations choice to do this ... he is the bad guy

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spreading the bullshit is saying this wasnt a policy choice... it was his adminsitrations choice do to do this ... he is the bad guy

Perhaps I worded something badly earlier, but I don't think I was making the argument that it wasn't a policy choice by Trump and his cronies. This was clearly something that Trump decided he was okay with and my only take on this was trying to stop kids being ripped away from their parents. As far as the wall is concerned, I think it's stupid, a huge waste of money, and I think it's going to have little effect on illegal immigration.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most ironic things I have seen from this administrations actions is that the Canadian citizens on here care more about what is happening than lifelong friends/family members/co-workers I know care.

I'm not sure ironic is the word I am looking for but I am glad you guys north of the border are more caring/sympathetic.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I worded something badly earlier, but I don't think I was making the argument that it wasn't a policy choice by Trump and his cronies. This was clearly something that Trump decided he was okay with and my only take on this was trying to stop kids being ripped away from their parents. As far as the wall is concerned, I think it's stupid, a huge waste of money, and I think it's going to have little effect on illegal immigration.

I think by saying “just give trump his wall already” you are intimating nothing can be done to change the situation ... that what is going on is some unstoppable hand of government based on written law ... its a policy choice ... it can be changed. The way it was done today is through a build up of public pressure on the dotard with humiliation and blows to his fragile ego. It worked today.

If you wanna call the democrats on the carpet for anything, scream bloody murder at them for taking so long to stand up to this policy choice. It was 2 god damn weeks ago that senator merkly was denied access to the closed walmart store turned child warehouse in texas. In that video they filmed, he came across as a dumb yokel putting his hands up in yhe air. YOURE A GOD DAMNED US SENATOR. DO SOMETHING THEN AND THERE. BARGE INTO THE PLACE!!! MAKE A SCENE IF YOU HAVE TO

it seems like what turned the tables is an unrelenting criticism from the media (yep ... trumps enemy) and a mobilization of regular citizens affiliated with both parties to take some action. WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO PUT FORTH THIS PRESSURE? Democrats need to figure out how to mobilize faster than yhe russian bots.

And dont get me wrong, this isnt over. Trump is never far from immoral action. Who knows... maybe its a public discontinuation of the policy but on the ground ICE etal. will still be enforcing a policy of zero tolerance. Theyve lied before and theyll do it again. Plus the executive order today didnt say anything about reuniting the children who have already bern taken from their parents.

/btw you just know if that half a trillion $ wall ever comes to fruition, there will be a trump linked llc doing the construction

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most ironic things I have seen from this administrations actions is that the Canadian citizens on here care more about what is happening than lifelong friends/family members/co-workers I know care.

I'm not sure ironic is the word I am looking for but I am glad you guys north of the border are more caring/sympathetic.

Im a commie lol

/My dad came to canada on a boat 60 years ago looking for a better life. I have empathy for these people

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a commie lol

/My dad came to canada on a boat 60 years ago looking for a better life. I have empathy for these people

As did my parents (over 55 years ago and I think they arrived via a plane) with two daughters in tow. I came into the picture three years after they arrived in Canada. Also searching for a better life in Canada.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing mirrors abusive behavior in relationships. The abuser creates a hell, and either uses that hell to leverage something out of someone (the Wall) or ends that hell as a demonstration of his good will. And he repeats this behavior to hold someone hostage. In this case, the behavior was taking children as hostages, but the goal was to take Congress and the American people hostage.

And he knows that. The administration openly admitted this family separation thing was their idea and their doing, if not to start it, then certainly to expand it and accelerate it and create more situations where they could "justify" doing it. And they did it because they didn't get their way on the Wall and because Trump wanted to have more control over everyone. And they were open about that, too. And yet, now that he's stopped it, it's a tragedy someone else started.

And see, I get the idea, "well the wall is stupid, just give it to him to save these kids." But no, don't give it to him, because then he'll just keep taking hostages to get what he wants, and what he wants won't always be as stupid and ultimately mostly harmless as a wall. If you encourage this behavior, you'll eventually have to decide which people you're going to save by killing which other people.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

we're just seeing how this shit plays out before we build our own southern wall :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The administration openly admitted this family separation thing was their idea and their doing, if not to start it, then certainly to expand it and accelerate it and create more situations where they could "justify" doing it. And they did it because they didn't get their way on the Wall and because Trump wanted to have more control over everyone. And they were open about that, too. And yet, now that he's stopped it, it's a tragedy someone else started.

Some openly admitted it was their policy (miller and sessions) and some lied and said it was the democrats fault and there was no such admin policy (notably trump and secretary nielson)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its amazing to me that people dont have a read on this lieing grifter yet after all he has done ... you say he would not relent on this and he does relent like an hour after you presuppose he wouldnt ... he has gone back on his word time and time again throughout his life

The US suffers from the scourge of the single issue voter. People who literally only care about one single issue, to the point of obsession in some cases. Some time after Reagan, the Republicans realized that they existed and figured out that all they had to do was pretend to care about their "issue" and they could almost guarantee to stay in power. Because there are enough individual pockets of people who only care about their one thing. Like the ones that only care that no one takes their guns, or that only care that gays can't marry, or that want abortion to stay illegal, etc. You can probably gather close to 40% of the population. Then you only have to fool 10% or so more to stay in power.

And those people could not care less anything he does. As long as he doesn't turn on their single issue. And even then, these types are stupid enough to fall for that "It's ________'s fault" anyway.

/I have a heart. I have empathy for these people

Or that. :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The US suffers from the scourge of the single issue voter. People who literally only care about one single issue,

so would this work?
[ ] I am for imprisoning innocent children
[ ] I am against imprisoning innocent children

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My mother came here as a toddler in the aftermath of WWII. Her house was blown to smithereens by the Luftwaffe. Canada gave my grandparents a very long leash and put them in a place to succeed. Gratitude × 10000000 from me.

In my adult/working life I've been to many wartorn "shit hole" countries. Seeing what goes on in Nicaragua, Central African Republic and Nigeria, etc. gives me so much impetus to encourage immigration to my country. Oh and ive also spent some time in Mexican cartel country so i have specific knowledge of what people from there are subjected to; it's not pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.