• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevathan Hit. Gotta Love Social Media...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out 2 games... I'm sure he will appeal and try to get it down to 1.

The rules say that any player who is flagged on a hit like that, could be subjected to fines and possible suspension. I saw this coming.
Any SANE person who isn't warped by internet arguments and has any sense of human compassion would see that hit as dirty and flagrant. Regardless of his character, team, or lack of past infractions. He screwed up...simple as that.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rules say that any player who is flagged on a hit like that, could be subjected to fines and possible suspension. I saw this coming.
Any SANE person who isn't warped by internet arguments and has any sense of human compassion would see that hit as dirty and flagrant. Regardless of his character, team, or lack of past infractions. He screwed up...simple as that.
I expected a fine and one game suspension when everything settled. I don’t think DT is a dirty player however I do think he let the game and his emotions get the better of him in an unfortunate situation. He got an 8 yard full head is steam and was intending to go below the head but Adams head happened to be there which led to that awful collision. Whether the intent was there or not, which we all hope wasn’t, he is still responsible for the contact which is why he got punished l. Just my :2cents:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games seems fair. He speared with his helmet, he knew exactly what he was doing. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize that every NFL player talking about this on NFL Network the following day disagrees with you, and thinks it was a football play?

I guess they're wrapped up in "internet arguments"?

Human compassion? That same hit has been made countless times with no big to-do, but since he ended up on stretcher... Give me a break. I can feel bad for the guy, and still look at the play from a rational/non-emotional standpoint.

People don't get it... They think these guys have time to sit back and think this shit through, like fatso does in his arm chair. While he guzzles down another soda.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a fine and one game suspension when everything settled. I don’t think DT is a dirty player however I do think he let the game and his emotions get the better of him in an unfortunate situation. He got an 8 yard full head is steam and was intending to go below the head but Adams head happened to be there which led to that awful collision. Whether the intent was there or not, which we all hope wasn’t, he is still responsible for the contact which is why he got punished l. Just my :2cents:

Fucking pansy ass league...

What a shame. This sport is finished.

Tackles you make on an NFL football field being dissected by guys in suits and ties (who never played a down of pee-wee ball), in slow-motion. Your tackles get taken to court now. What a joke.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tackles you make on an NFL football field being dissected by guys in suits and ties (who never played a down of pee-wee ball), in slow-motion. Your tackles get taken to court now. What a joke.
You know, there was probably some guy, around 400 AD, sitting on his front porch, yelling about the gladiatorial games getting shut down.

You and he would probably get along.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, crown of the helmet to a runner can be legal. We all have seen the hit many times, and I simply don't think it was anything that bad. It's an unfortunate part of a violent game.

Flag? Sure... A fine? Go ahead. Suspension? Ha... please.

Now for the ones that really believe in coaching,coach these players to keep their heads up rather than lower them......

Your head is in front of your body. You lower your body, the head goes too. You can't always keep it up.

You think these players didn't learn how to form tackle? Jesus man... They're NFL football players! They don't need the same tackling lessons you give a pee-wee kid. "Heads up" isn't a new thing. They were preaching that back when I played in grammar school.

This isn't a freakin coaching thing. lol. You think despite everything going on, they're going around putting their heads down on purpose? Or... "Oh, gee... no one ever said it like that! Just keep my head up!".

This is really the biggest part of the ENTIRE issue, IMO. People who just don't really get it... Who talk about this stuff like it's all SO easy. "Come on! I watched here in my recliner, in slow motion! Just pick your head up!"... Bleh...

a helmet to another mans head is a deadly weapon

Maybe if the other guy isn't wearing a helmet, but last I checked... nobody has died on an NFL football field from a head-to-head hit. So, please... stop with the hyperbole.

it needs to stop no matter whether its unintentional or not.

More failure to understand that these guys don't actually get to make decisions. "Hmm... let me analyze how I will approach this hit."... They just see and react man. They aren't afforded the luxury to analyze it like we are.

As you can see, you cannot stop this. It's a part of the game that you cannot take out. You're asking world class athletes, flying around at 100 MPH with hurting each other in the job description, to NEVER EVER wind up hitting heads. That is just silly man.

if they learned how to form a fucking tackle......They wouldn`t be leading with their helmet.....Now would they?..........Whats so fucking hard about that?

And stop with the hyperbole...?....Didn`t that just knock Adams out and put him in the hospital the last couple of days?.........The word deadly weapon is just an exaggeration.....sheesh,you can`t distinguish between the two?

How they analyze a hit before they approach the hit...........?.....lmao,DT had plenty of time and understanding not to put a helmet to his head........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quit watching........Plain and simple.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also @richig07 .......With the CTE these players are developing later in life........Yea,you could say that a player`s helmet is a deadly weapon.........

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah, c'mon rich... There are PLENTY of hits out there that are unreasonable to flag or call, and if this were one of those, I'd be right there with you. THIS hit. THIS type of hit is the type that the NFL does need to do something about though... Leading with the head is one thing, but ducking your head and leading with the crown on a player already wrapped up is simply not necessary and honestly I think defenders SHOULD know better by now...

Ducking the head may be an instinct, but its an instinct that the NFL is trying VERY hard to un-learn for these players.