• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevathan Hit. Gotta Love Social Media...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, all over Facebook with it getting Packer fans lighting torches and calling for his head...

Was a bad play, a bad hit and I hope Adams is okay, but the stoking of the fire is just crazy... Oh well, its the world we live in...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit happens. I'm sure frustration was a part of it, but it's not like Adams was down or anything. Trevathan was just trying to make a play and jar the ball loose. I'm sure he is shook up about it...nobody wants to see someone get hurt like that, particularly the head and neck.

It's football. People get hurt, and the armchairs of the world seem to think that it's played in slow-motion or something.

I hope Adams is ok, and I'm certain Trevathan shares that sentiment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like he was launching towards the ball when the GB guy started ducking. I don't think it was intentional.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Adams jumping in every altercation there was after the whistle, I saw the guy get a corner back ejected from a game earlier this year after starting the trouble, this guy is a punk and if anyone deserved to get knocked out it was him. Yeah, its the big brother shit we gotta deal with the packers constantly, but this guy is a tool. Maybe this changes his tune and he just plays football from now on.

Did not hear a whistle, and if he would have gotten away somehow, he would still be running.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, all over Facebook with it getting Packer fans lighting torches and calling for his head...

Was a bad play, a bad hit and I hope Adams is okay, but the stoking of the fire is just crazy... Oh well, its the world we live in...

The average fan is a moron, and has no idea how fast the game moves.

Adams was still driving his legs, whistle had not been blown. He was not a defenseless receiver, he was a runner. Trevathan finished the play. End of story.

But since it was on National TV, I'm sure we will lose our best LB for Monday Night Football.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much conjecture in this thread by idiot fans. No one knows if it was intentional. We were getting beat up pretty badly and I'm sure our players were frustrated. And when you are frustrated you tend to do things w/out thinking. I would like to think it wasn't intentional but to be fair, it could have very well been intentional.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustration does not equal intentionally trying to paralyze someone.

He has no history of dirty play, so the benefit of the doubt should reside in his court.

Guaranteed he was frustrated. Surely, he was bringing extra, be it for frustration, or for the simple idea of trying to jar it loose and make a big play. Adams was not down, and he is a moving target, that was propelled towards Trevathan at the strike zone.

If he pulls up there, he's is criticized for quitting.

Adams was spun towards the hit, and it made the hit to his head from the side, which obviously jacked him.

I would say, his intent was to cause a fumble, not paralyze someone.

Should he be fined significantly? Absolutely. Should he be suspended? I don't think so, cuz it's a first offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much conjecture in this thread by idiot fans. No one knows if it was intentional. We were getting beat up pretty badly and I'm sure our players were frustrated. And when you are frustrated you tend to do things w/out thinking. I would like to think it wasn't intentional but to be fair, it could have very well been intentional.

There is also zero reason to believe it WAS intentional. Seeing that he has no history of these type of incidents, and with no way to draw a solid conclusion. Logic says that you usually give someone the benefit of the doubt the first time something like this happens. A decent sized fine? Sure. A suspension for a first-time offense? No way. Suspending someone with no prior record of this, (IMO) should be reserved for incidents that are clearly meant to harm.

Especially since he was immediately apologetic about it, and reached out to Adams. He handled it in the best fashion that he possibly could have.

If this didn't happen on national TV, I don't think they'd suspend him. However, since everyone saw it... Seeing as Goodell is more interested in the league's image than anything. I have to think they come down on him with a show of force, and suspend him for a game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he was intentionally trying to injure him and I don't believe he deserves a suspension but he should be given a pretty hefty fine but come on man it's football, in our lifetimes the NFL is gonna be flag football!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he was intentionally trying to injure him and I don't believe he deserves a suspension but he should be given a pretty hefty fine but come on man it's football, in our lifetimes the NFL is gonna be flag football!

The hysteria around this hit is from a combination of people who have either never played at a competitive level, don't understand how fast the game moves or journalists with a vested interest in sensationalizing the story.

A bunch of ex-players talked about the hit yesterday that I saw on NFL Network. They probably asked 6-7 guys about it. They all agreed it wasn't intentional. The only one to even say it was dirty, was James Jones. Who is obviously an ex-teammate. He also admitted to being a close friend of Adams and just having spoke with him on the phone. So, of course he has his buddy's back.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was good hustle. I wouldn't want to get it like that myself sooooo I don't play football.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for them. They could use the exercise

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever punishment be gets, it should be clarified that it is because he ducked his head. No matter what, tbe NFL has made it cleat that that is a no-no.... Heads Up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever punishment be gets, it should be clarified that it is because he ducked his head. No matter what, tbe NFL has made it cleat that that is a no-no.... Heads Up.

Eh... Not on a ball carrier if it's a natural part of the tackle. It has to be egregious and not incidental.

Hell, in the tackle box crown-to-crown contact is open season on a running back.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
intentional or not........he still lowered his head guys and used it like a spear.........It should not matter how fast the game moves or if he was swung towards Trevathan as he was ready to tackle him him,its he used his helmet...........

Now we`ve seen this happen time and time again.........

These NFL players are getting stronger and stronger every year,a helmet to another mans head is a deadly weapon...........it needs to stop no matter whether its unintentional or not.

Now for the ones that really believe in coaching,coach these players to keep their heads up rather than lower them......

Start it at the 1:30 mark and you can see how bad that hit was.......:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
intentional or not........he still lowered his head guys and used it like a spear.........It should not matter how fast the game moves or if he was swung towards Trevathan as he was ready to tackle him him,its he used his helmet...........

Now we`ve seen this happen time and time again.........

These NFL players are getting stronger and stronger every year,a helmet to another mans head is a deadly weapon...........it needs to stop no matter whether its unintentional or not.

Now for the ones that really believe in coaching,coach these players to keep their heads up rather than lower them......

Start it at the 1:30 mark and you can see how bad that hit was.......:

Again, crown of the helmet to a runner can be legal. We all have seen the hit many times, and I simply don't think it was anything that bad. It's an unfortunate part of a violent game.

Flag? Sure... A fine? Go ahead. Suspension? Ha... please.

Your head is in front of your body. You lower your body, the head goes too. You can't always keep it up.

You think these players didn't learn how to form tackle? Jesus man... They're NFL football players! They don't need the same tackling lessons you give a pee-wee kid. "Heads up" isn't a new thing. They were preaching that back when I played in grammar school.

This isn't a freakin coaching thing. lol. You think despite everything going on, they're going around putting their heads down on purpose? Or... "Oh, gee... no one ever said it like that! Just keep my head up!".

This is really the biggest part of the ENTIRE issue, IMO. People who just don't really get it... Who talk about this stuff like it's all SO easy. "Come on! I watched here in my recliner, in slow motion! Just pick your head up!"... Bleh...

a helmet to another mans head is a deadly weapon

Maybe if the other guy isn't wearing a helmet, but last I checked... nobody has died on an NFL football field from a head-to-head hit. So, please... stop with the hyperbole.

it needs to stop no matter whether its unintentional or not.

More failure to understand that these guys don't actually get to make decisions. "Hmm... let me analyze how I will approach this hit."... They just see and react man. They aren't afforded the luxury to analyze it like we are.

As you can see, you cannot stop this. It's a part of the game that you cannot take out. You're asking world class athletes, flying around at 100 MPH with hurting each other in the job description, to NEVER EVER wind up hitting heads. That is just silly man.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He used his helmet as a weapon and this is the main reason why nobody in here can claim Trevathan didn't do this intentionally. It was a frustrating game and the play lasted seconds and during that moment logic can go out the window and your emotions can take over and you just want to punish the runner. It happens.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He used his helmet as a weapon and this is the main reason why nobody in here can claim Trevathan didn't do this intentionally. It was a frustrating game and the play lasted seconds and during that moment logic can go out the window and your emotions can take over and you just want to punish the runner. It happens.

You cannot possibly look at the play and say that it was intentional either. That's really all that matters. The default here isn't to just assume he had malicious intent. You don't assume guilt, just because you have no solid evidence to draw a conclusion either way.

He has zero history with this type of stuff occurring, and I am sure he's been in many frustrating games before.

Last I checked, first time offenders with helmet-to-helmet hits do not get suspensions. They get fines. That is what is at question here. No one is saying that they shouldn't have thrown the flag.

When a guy has his first ever slip-up and is clearly contrite about what happened. Then he goes out of his way to reach out to the guy he hit... I mean, he handled it well. It is just as likely to have been a football play that simply went wrong, as it is to be dirty. I just don't see how you can come down extra hard on this guy, when you've only ever before suspended a couple of repeat offenders.