• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's Free Agent Predictions, RB edition

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most obvious one first-

L. Bell - he ain't going anywhere. No worries Steelers fans

D. Lewis - Not an easy one to predict. He says he wants to go "where he's valued", translation, "I"m getting PAID MF'er!" I'm going with the Jets, possibly the Giants, Detroit will likely check in on him, but honestly, he's Derek Jeter to Theo Riddicks' Nomar--translation- Nomar was better, but Jeter was a Yankee.

Isiah Crowell - The Crow just looks like a Raider..he runs like a Raider, and they need someone with some juice. He's a perfect fit.

Carlos Hyde - There's still a chance that he re signs in SF, but I ain't buying it. This is where I think Detroit goes. The COlts are an intriguing possibility however.

Rex Burkhead - I'm roughly %90 sure he'll re sign with NE. He did enough to show he's worth a role, but not enough for some other team to come along and swoon him away.

Jerrick McKinnon - I think the Colts are definitely planning on getting one of the top 3-4 RB's in the draft, but McKinnon should be cheap insurance in case they crap out.

L. Blount - Stays in Philly, back home to New England, or out of the league entirely.

Jeremy Hill - could see him in a multitude of places, none of which as a feature guy, therefore I'm not gonna wring my hands too much figuring it out. Lets say Cleveland, just for S's and G's. Most Likely a quality backup to a proven stud (or ubber rookie)

Doug Martin - See Jeremy Hill.

Jamaal Charles - This one is pretty interesting. Denver used him just enough to show he was healthy and still had something left, but not enough to determine just what that something might be. And rumor around town is that he's not at all pleased with Denver. I"m guessing he'll sign a one year veteran minimum, incentive type deal, with one of two teams. He wanted to stick it to KC last year, but the Donkey's blew it, now he's added the Donkeys to his list of foes. LAC or Oakland, either of which could benefit greatly from his skillset and would be a decent fit.

The rest are all back up, role type players, some of which will most likely find homes and roles that generate some fantasy buzz, mostly due to whomever they're backing up being an "injury prone" type. But I"m not gong that far here. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Lacy out of the league entirely.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just connecting the dots...
Wonder if McKinnon ends up in New York since Shurmer is the Giants OC?

Hyde to Detroit is a good guess.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just connecting the dots...
Wonder if McKinnon ends up in New York since Shurmer is the Giants OC?

Hyde to Detroit is a good guess.
Yep, would be good fit too. Maybe not a real strong answer, but better than what they've got there now.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Lewis - Not an easy one to predict. He says he wants to go "where he's valued", translation, "I"m getting PAID MF'er!" I'm going with the Jets, possibly the Giants, Detroit will likely check in on him, but honestly, he's Derek Jeter to Theo Riddicks' Nomar--translation- Nomar was better, but Jeter was a Yankee.

giphy.gif

Oh I want to be mad, but there is too much truth in what you say

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags need a backup for Fournette - could see a vet RB filling that role over them drafting another rookie 1yr after making the investment at RB in the draft

McKinnon brings a different skill set that could be useful
And even though I don't think they have much left in the tank, martin/hill/charles could fit that bill as well.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add my 2 cents....

I don't see McKinnon going to Indy. He is virtually the same guy as Mack, highly athletic but doesn't stick with the inside run very long before he bounces wide. Every team needs to have one of those guys, which was missing in 2017 at NYG and at SF. I think those are likeliest landing spots.

I could see Hyde finding a home in Indy. Just keep on following in Gore's footsteps.

I don't see the Jets going with another aging part RB. I see them getting younger there.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags need a backup for Fournette - could see a vet RB filling that role over them drafting another rookie 1yr after making the investment at RB in the draft

And even though I don't think they have much left in the tank, martin/hill/charles could fit that bill as well.
Think I mentioned it before but I was not overly impressed with Fournette. All those touches and barely cracked 1K. Hmmm. Believe his ypc was under 4. Fournette needs someone to push him. I know I have a man crush on Yeldon but he was productive as a 3rd down RB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I mentioned it before but I was not overly impressed with Fournette. All those touches and barely cracked 1K. Hmmm. Believe his ypc was under 4. Fournette needs someone to push him. I know I have a man crush on Yeldon but he was productive as a 3rd down RB.

JStew?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have Yeldon who showed pretty well as a fill-in. ....

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette is overly dependent on his physicality and straight line speed. If he had a stutter step move or a jump cut that did not break his own ankles, he would be on the next level. He's limited in that sense and if he is not provided a runway, he will not bowl over too many NFL caliber defenders without that full head of steam. Like most of the backs of his ilk, his career will be shorter than it would if he developed those skills.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, another dude likely to become a free agent at some point. Same category as Martin, Hill, etc..could so any of them being added to the Jags to be honest. And its not just to push Fournette or whatever. If they're serious about getting over the hump, and the offense revolves around the run game, better damned well have a backup that can reasonably be expected to produce if your horse goes down

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, another dude likely to become a free agent at some point. Same category as Martin, Hill, etc..could so any of them being added to the Jags to be honest. And its not just to push Fournette or whatever. If they're serious about getting over the hump, and the offense revolves around the run game, better damned well have a backup that can reasonably be expected to produce if your horse goes down
Or he got released today and is already there. Was a busy day, I'm outta the loop

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most obvious one first-

L. Bell - he ain't going anywhere. No worries Steelers fans

Isiah Crowell - The Crow just looks like a Raider..he runs like a Raider, and they need someone with some juice. He's a perfect fit.

Carlos Hyde - There's still a chance that he re signs in SF, but I ain't buying it. This is where I think Detroit goes. The COlts are an intriguing possibility however.

Rex Burkhead - I'm roughly %90 sure he'll re sign with NE. He did enough to show he's worth a role, but not enough for some other team to come along and swoon him away.

Jerrick McKinnon - I think the Colts are definitely planning on getting one of the top 3-4 RB's in the draft, but McKinnon should be cheap insurance in case they crap out.

L. Blount - Stays in Philly, back home to New England, or out of the league entirely.

Jeremy Hill - could see him in a multitude of places, none of which as a feature guy, therefore I'm not gonna wring my hands too much figuring it out. Lets say Cleveland, just for S's and G's. Most Likely a quality backup to a proven stud (or ubber rookie)

Doug Martin - See Jeremy Hill.

Jamaal Charles - This one is pretty interesting. Denver used him just enough to show he was healthy and still had something left, but not enough to determine just what that something might be. And rumor around town is that he's not at all pleased with Denver. I"m guessing he'll sign a one year veteran minimum, incentive type deal, with one of two teams. He wanted to stick it to KC last year, but the Donkey's blew it, now he's added the Donkeys to his list of foes. LAC or Oakland, either of which could benefit greatly from his skillset and would be a decent fit.

The rest are all back up, role type players, some of which will most likely find homes and roles that generate some fantasy buzz, mostly due to whomever they're backing up being an "injury prone" type. But I"m not gong that far here. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Lacy out of the league entirely.

out of all these who do u see as the most productive besides bell

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own mckinnon in my keeper league and have always been a big fan of his. My dream would be to see him in sf. The Jimmy g looked and shany looking like an o genius it could be fantasy pinball scores for mckinnon. Love this thread

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own mckinnon in my keeper league and have always been a big fan of his. My dream would be to see him in sf. The Jimmy g looked and shany looking like an o genius it could be fantasy pinball scores for mckinnon. Love this thread
That's about the last place I'd see him though. With Brieda, Williams, and McNichols, plus the potential they retain Hyde, he's not a great fit for them. If they don't keep Hyde, they'll be better off going for an "early down banger", or just plain standing pat at the position.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of all these who do u see as the most productive besides bell
Heard the Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson in a radio interview make an interesting point about Lewis.
He seemed to be summarizing how other teams and GM's view Lewis...
And he basically said Lewis is more versatile, can run inside as well as outside, and is a good pass catcher.