• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travis Hughes Announcement...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...is at Noon today.

Most think that he has seen through the UNC lies and it is down to the good guys, Maryland (where his brother plays) and Clemson (where 4 and 5 star recruits go to die).

This is a big one for us as it is a position of need, and we have pulled out all of the stops in pursuing him. This included an in home with Frank, Bud et al. right after the ACC Championship game. He is a really good kid, and my hopes are that he comes to Tech but if he doesn't it is not for lack of effort on our part.

I am not sure what the Friedgen deal will do to his decision. Personally, a coach that took a potnetial 2 win team to 8 wins and a shot at the ACC-CG should not be on the hot seat, but whatever. He is tight with Beamer so if Maryland forces him out maybe Tech can do something with him. I have always been a fan of the Fridge.

I digress,

Here is some on Hughes:

Scout.com: Travis Hughes Profile

Travis Hughes - Yahoo! Sports

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...is at Noon today.

Most think that he has seen through the UNC lies and it is down to the good guys, Maryland (where his brother plays) and Clemson (where 4 and 5 star recruits go to die).

This is a big one for us as it is a position of need, and we have pulled out all of the stops in pursuing him. This included an in home with Frank, Bud et al. right after the ACC Championship game. He is a really good kid, and my hopes are that he comes to Tech but if he doesn't it is not for lack of effort on our part.

I am not sure what the Friedgen deal will do to his decision. Personally, a coach that took a potnetial 2 win team to 8 wins and a shot at the ACC-CG should not be on the hot seat, but whatever. He is tight with Beamer so if Maryland forces him out maybe Tech can do something with him. I have always been a fan of the Fridge.

I digress,

Here is some on Hughes:

Scout.com: Travis Hughes Profile

Travis Hughes - Yahoo! Sports

My gut tells me that considering all that has went on in the last few days with MD, that we get this guy. I understand why Clemson is in the mix, Death Valley/Huge Stadium, Rabid fan base, great history, blah,blah. Well put 46 + 2"(where 4 and 5 star recruits go to die)". How can their coaching staff (while decent enough) even be put in the same sentence as VT's. I think with the great uncertainty of Fridgen being there/ a potential shake-up of the entire coaching staff, and the fact that his bro. is a senior next year, last year. The TERPS are out of the mix. Hopefully Clemson hasn't brainwashed them into thinking they might actually help him get to the NFL. The only reason Bowers will be a 1st rounder is because he is a beast of an athlete..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me that considering all that has went on in the last few days with MD, that we get this guy. I understand why Clemson is in the mix, Death Valley/Huge Stadium, Rabid fan base, great history, blah,blah. Well put 46 + 2"(where 4 and 5 star recruits go to die)". How can their coaching staff (while decent enough) even be put in the same sentence as VT's. I think with the great uncertainty of Fridgen being there/ a potential shake-up of the entire coaching staff, and the fact that his bro. is a senior next year, last year. The TERPS are out of the mix. Hopefully Clemson hasn't brainwashed them into thinking they might actually help him get to the NFL. The only reason Bowers will be a 1st rounder is because he is a beast of an athlete..

Check my response over at Disney to a Clemson fan terrified about the new Maryland coac. It is times like this I feel so lucky to be a Hokie with our coaches. It is really rare and we are so lucky.

"The thought of Mike Leach in the ACC and a school with adequate resources should scare the bejesus out of everyone. One thing will be for certain, any team play A mike Leach Maryland better be prepared to score at least 35-45 points to have a shot at winning." - said by Clemson fan

"Yawnnnnnnnn........

Just like the thought of Butch Davis and his NFL mentality at a school with the money and facilities of UNC was supposed to scare the bejeesus out of me,....and Miami Alum and motivator, Randy Shannon, was suppose to terrify me, and Mr. "NFL Experience", Al Groh was supposed to strike fear right into my Hokie heart....whatever...bring on Mike Leach and his Cincinatti style offence. I will stick with having a steady, winning, hard working coaching staff, and the recruits that they pick and choose. I will start being afraid of another team when they start winning consistently or beating th Hokies consistently.

Lunchpail mentality/consistency >>>> superstar coach/star recruiter/flashy new system"

- my response

"

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check my response over at Disney to a Clemson fan terrified about the new Maryland coac. It is times like this I feel so lucky to be a Hokie with our coaches. It is really rare and we are so lucky.

"The thought of Mike Leach in the ACC and a school with adequate resources should scare the bejesus out of everyone. One thing will be for certain, any team play A mike Leach Maryland better be prepared to score at least 35-45 points to have a shot at winning." - said by Clemson fan

"Yawnnnnnnnn........

Just like the thought of Butch Davis and his NFL mentality at a school with the money and facilities of UNC was supposed to scare the bejeesus out of me,....and Miami Alum and motivator, Randy Shannon, was suppose to terrify me, and Mr. "NFL Experience", Al Groh was supposed to strike fear right into my Hokie heart....whatever...bring on Mike Leach and his Cincinatti style offence. I will stick with having a steady, winning, hard working coaching staff, and the recruits that they pick and choose. I will start being afraid of another team when they start winning consistently or beating th Hokies consistently.

Lunchpail mentality/consistency >>>> superstar coach/star recruiter/flashy new system"

- my response

"

Ha, Once again well said. That's also what they said about PJ bringing the Tripla Option to Atlanta. While Leach would bring an interesting brand to the ACC this guy is going way out there to say he is terrified. For one, Leach had the scraps that Texas left in that state, which are still by most accounts very good players. He won't be able to get those players at MD.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just don't understand this one. UNC again.... I'm just speechless.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina.....

WTF,

FWIW, UNC and VT were his final two....

1278073521_wrestler-rage.gif

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
im half sick over this one. wtf is butch selling these kids.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
with the talent in our recruiting footprint this year, this is one of the most disappointing years i can remember. im pretty much giving up on this class, i hope we land the rest of the guys on our board (doubtful)but i want waste anymore of my time waiting to find out.

here's hoping for better things in 2012.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the talent in our recruiting footprint this year, this is one of the most disappointing years i can remember. im pretty much giving up on this class, i hope we land the rest of the guys on our board (doubtful)but i want waste anymore of my time waiting to find out.

Jennings is a long shot
Terrell is becoming a long shot
Nicholson is a no shot now

I like our chances with Anthony, Jarrett and Williams but I could also see Williams telling us to suck his dick, so whatever. I know I should not say it, but I hope we make life for these recruits picking UNC fucking miserable for the next 4-5 years.

We need to start looking at Hargrave and FUMA for a Lwrence Gibson or two.....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
im with you on jarrett and anthony but being around all these unc guys @ the shrine bowl prob killed us for williams. I dont mind to say it, i hope not only does VT make their life hell, but im betting/hoping the ncaa does as well. If the NCAA goes public with a decision soon, i wonder how many of these guys start ringing our phone?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with you on jarrett and anthony but being around all these unc guys @ the shrine bowl prob killed us for williams. I dont mind to say it, i hope not only does VT make their life hell, but im betting/hoping the ncaa does as well. If the NCAA goes public with a decision soon, i wonder how many of these guys start ringing our phone?

I agree, and I do not really blame the recruits as much as the staff at UNC for straight up lying and misleading these 17 year old kids. When (as it is not an if) the NCAA gives Southern Cal style sanctions to UNC, I do hope that they also give the 1st and 2nd year players the same rights that they gave the USC players, which included the rights to transfer or get out of OLIs without any punishment. Even so, it will suck for guys who wanted to enter for Spring.

UNC is downright fucking over the potential future of 17 year olds and that pisses me right off.....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I do not really blame the recruits as much as the staff at UNC for straight up lying and misleading these 17 year old kids. When (as it is not an if) the NCAA gives Southern Cal style sanctions to UNC, I do hope that they also give the 1st and 2nd year players the same rights that they gave the USC players, which included the rights to transfer or get out of OLIs without any punishment. Even so, it will suck for guys who wanted to enter for Spring.

UNC is downright fucking over the potential future of 17 year olds and that pisses me right off.....

Wow, I thought it was down to VT. MD, and Clemson, where the hell did UNC come from?? You guys are right. Don't know what the hell is going on but I hope we make things miserable for these kids. To be honest with you I wouldn't be shocked if Butch wasn't even the coach next year. Fuck it. VT will get theirs. They always do.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The jury is still out, but as a whole, the state of Virginia doesn't seem to be quite as loaded with talent (from top to bottom) in the next couple of years as in recent years. VT will have to work hard to make sure we get a few blue-chippers and probably have to go out of state too.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jury is still out, but as a whole, the state of Virginia doesn't seem to be quite as loaded with talent (from top to bottom) in the next couple of years as in recent years. VT will have to work hard to make sure we get a few blue-chippers and probably have to go out of state too.

Warren "mother fuckin" Central and HD Woodson.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the hammer comes down and these kids come sobbing back to Coach Beamer, I just hope he reminds them they had their chance. If these kids are naive, gullible, and not smart enough to understand what is about to happen in Chapel Hill, then have fun on probation.
Butch could have the 1985 Bears and still only wins 8 games. He's what, 2-8 against Beamer? I'm sure that's not included in his recruiting pitch.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

yeah i'd like to have some of their kids, but i'd almost find some envious joy if they made them stay there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when butch has to explain the sanctions.

BTW: anyone catch the MW interview today, he is/was playing us on multiple levels. if he wants to be a tarheel so bad, all i can say is enjoy probation. we will take the LT's and co... and keep winning.