• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfers Could Elevate West Virginia to the Top of the Big 12

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs to recruit and develop players when they can just grab transfers and JUCO's. Actually Mike Price made a killing at Washington St. doing this same thing.

Bill Snyder has made a career of it (JUCO’s) and that was before the recent transfer rules.

Its a good thing imo, too many kids get sold on some programs by coaches when the coaches know full well that those kids have a very small shot at seeing the field when they could be playing every game at another program.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Snyder has made a career of it (JUCO’s) and that was before the recent transfer rules.

Its a good thing imo, too many kids get sold on some programs by coaches when the coaches know full well that those kids have a very small shot at seeing the field when they could be playing every game at another program.

He has built a damn farm system with JUCO a school’s in the Midwest.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be "team", not "teams". Oklahoma is obviously elite.
Only if making the CFP counts as elite. Oklahoma hasn't won a CFP game yet. 0-2. (But, that is better than the rest of the Big 12...which is the only conference without a CFP win.)

But, neither has FSU, or Washington, or........

In fact, if my West Texas calculamacations are right, only Bama, tOSU, Clem, Georgia and Oregon have won a semifinal CFP game to date. That's the elite list IMHO....and I ain't sure about Oregon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if making the CFP counts as elite. Oklahoma hasn't won a CFP game yet. 0-2. (But, that is better than the rest of the Big 12...which is the only conference without a CFP win.)

But, neither has FSU, or Washington, or........

In fact, if my West Texas calculamacations are right, only Bama, tOSU, Clem, Georgia and Oregon have won a semifinal CFP game to date. That's the elite list IMHO....and I ain't sure about Oregon.

That’s a pretty piss poor way to define elite.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't mind living in the sticks because Pullman makes Lubbock, Texas look like NYC.
Nope...not quite NYC. Now that I think about it, it looks a hell of a lot better than NYC!
14110-county-road-1800-tx-lubbock-79424.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your definition?

There’s a number of factors to consider. CFP appearances is certainly one and Oklahoma is one of only 4 teams to make two appearances already including one instant classic. I think you also have to weight P5 conference championships. Oklahoma owns the big 12. How do they do against P5 competition OOC? Recruiting will play a factor. Can they pull top 10 classes? Oklahoma just pulled back to back top 10 classes and is well on their way to a third, possibly top 5.

These are just off the top of my head but all certainly play a role. Basing off CFP wins is pretty short sighted and offers an extremely small stat point from which to draw conclusions. I mean, come on. Oregon is nowhere near elite.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a number of factors to consider. CFP appearances is certainly one and Oklahoma is one of only 4 teams to make two appearances already including one instant classic. I think you also have to weight P5 conference championships. Oklahoma owns the big 12. How do they do against P5 competition OOC? Recruiting will play a factor. Can they pull top 10 classes? Oklahoma just pulled back to back top 10 classes and is well on their way to a third, possibly top 5.
Elite - "a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities."

I could buy into the "two appearance" in the CFP criteria for a definition of elite in today's college football. Still think a team needs to win a CFP semifinal to validate elite. Just my opinion.

If you apply the defintion above to the CFP era to date, it might mean only Clem and Bama are elite per se. But, I'd have to add tOSU in there too because they are 2-1 in the playoffs and won it all once.