• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfer or Decommit Players Update:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some updates on some players that left the program:

EV (UCLA)- Had a good first college start. Made 6 tackles and 2 for Lost.
Lynch(S. Florida)- Nothing great. Only 3 tackles. I have a feeling he really screwed up. I think at ND he could of been a Top 2 rd pick and now maybe a late rd pick(4th-6th rd).
Anzalone(Florida)- DNP
Darby(FSU)- DNP
Tee Shepard- (Holmes Community College) Sad Story. this all the info I can find on him
D. Greenberry(Houston) Had a good 1st game. 6 catches for 70 yards and a TD.

Any other names please add. Doing this off the top of my head.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some updates on some players that left the program:

EV (UCLA)- Had a good first college start. Made 6 tackles and 2 for Lost.
Lynch(S. Florida)- Nothing great. Only 3 tackles. I have a feeling he really screwed up. I think at ND he could of been a Top 2 rd pick and now maybe a late rd pick(4th-6th rd).
Anzalone(Florida)- DNP
Darby(FSU)- DNP
Tee Shepard- (Holmes Community College) Sad Story. this all the info I can find on him
D. Greenberry(Houston) Had a good 1st game. 6 catches for 70 yards and a TD.

Any other names please add. Doing this off the top of my head.

I really don't know what to make of this thread. I mean I don't really care what these guys do, as long as they don't do it to us. Every one of them could have helped us (why else would we have recruited them?). I will say about Lynch, he had his personal reasons for leaving, but he was also known as kind of a dick in the ND lockerroom, and I think he was in a lot of team mates heads (as there was a rash of homesick players about the time he was griping about his time in South Bend). That all seemed to go away when he left. I take no pride or pleasure in him bombing out at S. Fla. He made a life choice and will live with that no matter what, but once their gone, I tend not to care about them unless they're lighting us up.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the information interesting. I will also be interested in how Kiel performs as well. Mostly, I do it just out of curiosity. I like to check out the guys that I thought would perform well, just to see if I was right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason for the Thread is because when someone leaves some people say wish them luck or hope for the best for them so this thread is for the people that wonder how these players are doing. In my opinion EV shouldnt be able to play this year but looks like he will make some kind of impact as a Freshman.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason for the Thread is because when someone leaves some people say wish them luck or hope for the best for them so this thread is for the people that wonder how these players are doing. In my opinion EV shouldnt be able to play this year but looks like he will make some kind of impact as a Freshman.

Just wondering. Do you think Carlisle should have been allowed to play right away when he transfered from SC to ND? While I really don't mind he was given the ok (he got hurt so I guess it didn't matter) I think his "hardship" wasn't much of a hardship. Maybe they took into account USC didn't protest. We all know the NCAA makes no sense with how they rule I just wondered if you think Carlisles reason was much better than EVs.
Good luck tomorrow you guys have a tough game and on the road. The kind you won last year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with you about Carlisle. I don't think his situation warranted a waiver but in the end it didn't matter because of his injury. But I also think USC was cutting dead weight to maximize the number of players they could take because of the sanctions. He was hurt his freshman year there as well and letting him go was akin to a medical hardship.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with you about Carlisle. I don't think his situation warranted a waiver but in the end it didn't matter because of his injury. But I also think USC was cutting dead weight to maximize the number of players they could take because of the sanctions. He was hurt his freshman year there as well and letting him go was akin to a medical hardship.
Cutting dead weight? You're wayyy off..They need good players they dont need to cut good players. He was a well liked and talented player . There's no way they wanted to see him go.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering. Do you think Carlisle should have been allowed to play right away when he transfered from SC to ND? While I really don't mind he was given the ok (he got hurt so I guess it didn't matter) I think his "hardship" wasn't much of a hardship. Maybe they took into account USC didn't protest. We all know the NCAA makes no sense with how they rule I just wondered if you think Carlisles reason was much better than EVs.
Good luck tomorrow you guys have a tough game and on the road. The kind you won last year.

I was glad that Carlisle got the waiver, but I honestly didn't think he deserved it. As for the Vanderdoes situation, my issue with that decision was that essentially they ruled that National Signing Day was just a date that they wanted the players to try really hard to make their decisions. Clearly these decisions are not binding, so they really aren't commitments. I like the idea of losing a year of eligibility, otherwise there is no reason for a team to ever stop recruiting a player. When we learned that Golson would not be playing, we could have tried to get some QB to transfer to ND. The odds are we could have found a sick relative somewhere. They don't have to be close, just sick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but he didnt play because of the injury he had with USC and plus the injury he got at ND. Also differnt situations from him and EV. EV just signed his letter and then he leaves with in 1 month and Carlisle was told he wouldnt play. He wanted a chance to play. He even mention that when he came over. He said he just wanted a chance to play and USC staff wasnt going to give me that chance.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but he didnt play because of the injury he had with USC and plus the injury he got at ND. Also differnt situations from him and EV. EV just signed his letter and then he leaves with in 1 month and Carlisle was told he wouldnt play. He wanted a chance to play. He even mention that when he came over. He said he just wanted a chance to play and USC staff wasnt going to give me that chance.

I think you are mixing up the medical condition of another player or something. USC has has a couple over the past years with neck or back injuries that decided to transfer because USC medical staff wouldn't clear them for contact. Amir wasn't one of them .He got hurt at USC his freshman year but came back from the injury and played at the end of the 2011 season and was scheduled to be in the mix for the RB spot in 2012. He transferred to ND because his dad took a job at Purdue not because of an injury or anything to do with playing time. He was injured the second time while at Notre dame . First his foot in a fight or altercation with another ND player then his collar bone but it was the pain in the foot that kept him out in 2012.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting dead weight? You're wayyy off..They need good players they dont need to cut good players. He was a well liked and talented player . There's no way they wanted to see him go.

I agree he's talented, probably one of, if not the best backs we have. But there was a concern that his nerve damage to his injured foot would keep him out even longer and USC needed healthy guys to fill out their limited roster spots.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Neal, before that Spencer Boyd would be a senior this year I believe, Shaquelle Evans, I'm not sure what ever happened to him either.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Neal, before that Spencer Boyd would be a senior this year I believe, Shaquelle Evans, I'm not sure what ever happened to him either.

Shaq Evans transferred to UCLA, played a bit last year. I don't know if he's still around though.