• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Traitor Mode

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be some kind of payoff chance at least for spending your built up likability.

Lynch is who he is and who he has always been and I doubt he cares about any fans being upset by any of it. It could still at least impact his brand and the work it is doing for his charity service. That's unfortunate.

The point was there are ways they could engage the topic without unnecessarily adding the fringe issues.

I thought Bennet's latest statement was a perfect response - I'm aware that this could cost me, but it's too important to not speak out anyway (paraphrasing).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bennet's latest statement was a perfect response - I'm aware that this could cost me, but it's too important to not speak out anyway (paraphrasing).
So I guess I have to ask: what are his terms? What conditions must be met for him to decide to resume honoring the flag? Or is he just complaining about it for an indefinite period of time until he's got it all off his chest and thinks he was "successful"? (for that matter, what are the measures of success?)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I have to ask: what are his terms? What conditions must be met for him to decide to resume honoring the flag? Or is he just complaining about it for an indefinite period of time until he's got it all off his chest and thinks he was "successful"? (for that matter, what are the measures of success?)

What terms could he possibly have?

"yeah, I'll stop protesting when every neo-nazi comes to the light!"

He's not a stupid man.

His protest is to make people talk. I guess he stops it when he stops it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What terms could he possibly have?

"yeah, I'll stop protesting when every neo-nazi comes to the light!"

He's not a stupid man.

His protest is to make people talk. I guess he stops it when he stops it.
Yeah, I guess that's sorta my point. We don't really know what we are supposed to fix. It's all pretty vague.

Anyway, I don't mean to drag this out. I agree with MB's message. Just not his method. I'll leave it at that, and the last word to you. GO HAWKS!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And isn't the reverse true?

What's the endgame of the neo-nazi's and KKK guys?

We'll stop marching and saying racist stuff when every black and brown person and Jew leaves America?

They know that's not happening. They want to bring more people to their way of thinking. They want to move the needle. Any kind of social action wants that. From marching for cancer to speaking out against domestic violence. You know you're not FIXING the problem, you're just doing your best to make it a tiny bit better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I don't mean to drag this out. I agree with MB's message. Just not his method. I'll leave it at that, and the last word to you. GO HAWKS!!

Go Hawks indeed. I've got a cautiously optimistic feeling about this season (barring injuries). :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're back in Seattle again, no JMR?

I was there last summer after my uncle passed. Despite the shitty circumstances I enjoyed my time there. If I win the lottery, I'd consider moving there (maybe Victoria).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks indeed. I've got a cautiously optimistic feeling about this season (barring injuries). :)
Me too! Went to TC yesterday, took the fam and had a ball. Top shelf operation. My daughter took a selfie with Russell. He was a total pro about it. Rawls too. All smiles, both of them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're back in Seattle again, no JMR?

I was there last summer after my uncle passed. Despite the shitty circumstances I enjoyed my time there. If I win the lottery, I'd consider moving there (maybe Victoria).
Yeah, sort of....I live in Roy, which is a little rural town about 50 miles south of C-link. My story is a bit all over the place, but the long/short of it is I grew up in Tacoma, went off to do "Army stuff" in 1989 after high school, and now I'm back in my last assignment before retiring next year with 25 years of active duty. It's great to be home.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too! Went to TC yesterday, took the fam and had a ball. Top shelf operation. My daughter took a selfie with Russell. He was a total pro about it. Rawls too. All smiles, both of them.

You ARE there. You bastard! :)

Enjoy the season. Know that I'm jealous about you getting to see some games in person!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sort of....I live in Roy, which is a little rural town about 50 miles south of C-link. My story is a bit all over the place, but the long/short of it is I grew up in Tacoma, went off to do "Army stuff" in 1989 after high school, and now I'm back in my last assignment before retiring next year with 25 years of active duty. It's great to be home.

Ironically we've 'known' each other for a LONG time, we were both on the CNNSI boards back in the day. I remember you and IM HO TEP were both military. Remember reading about your various postings and climbing up the military ladder. I've got some family still in, a few retired. I think maybe my cousin is still in (a?) JAG.

My uncle retired a LONG time ago, and ended up working for Boeing.

Love the area.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically we've 'known' each other for a LONG time, we were both on the CNNSI boards back in the day. I remember you and IM HO TEP were both military. Remember reading about your various postings and climbing up the military ladder. I've got some family still in, a few retired. I think maybe my cousin is still in (a?) JAG.

My uncle retired a LONG time ago, and ended up working for Boeing.

Love the area.
Yep, CNNSI days...haha, wow. I'm hooked up with IHT on fb, and we hung out quite a bit in 2004-2005 when I was stationed near him for about a year. Amazing how long we've been doing this message board stuff -- son wasnt even born yet and now he goes off to college in 4 weeks. Insane.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, CNNSI days...haha, wow. I'm hooked up with IHT on fb, and we hung out quite a bit in 2004-2005 when I was stationed near him for about a year. Amazing how long we've been doing this message board stuff -- son wasnt even born yet and now he goes off to college in 4 weeks. Insane.

Heh. Yep. My daughter graduated HS in June. Father time eh?