• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here to gloat because there is no reason to yet, besides you gave up little so no reason to criticize the Broncos. But I just wanted to stop in to discuss Cravens. Appears as if he's up to the same crap.

Time to start worrying about the absence of safety Su'a Cravens from Broncos Camp

Then there is this article. It was totally unfair to the Redskins IMO and contained nonsense such as Cravens saying he would be welcome back into the Redskins locker room, the players were all good with him. No Sue Ray, no they were not. They hate you for quitting on them. And USC was not happy at all when he did the same thing.

He hasn't changed a bit, constantly blaming others for problems of his own making. You can't coach heart.

Su'a Cravens and how it fell apart in Washington

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t like the move to begin with.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t like the move to begin with.

It was a low risk, high upside move for Denver so I think it was smart. I was pretty convinced he would become a Pro Bowler once he got there and actually tried. But it appears as if he hasn't changed a bit. Can't say I'm upset at that. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the move. It was costs us very little. I haven't given up on him either yet. We will see, but not worried about it either way. He felt like a bonus to me. With Jamal Carter out for the year we need him more now.

The Bengals did cut George Illoka I wouldn't mind bringing him in to compete if Cravens is going to be a $hithead. Shamarko Thomas is strictly a special teams guy to me and IMO Dymonte Thomas is probably a better option then him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayvon Webster is starting to make more and more sense. He is a special teams stud, and could play CB or FS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayvon has 3 meetings scheduled this week. Bills, Lions and Texans. I spoke with him last night telling him Denver could really use him. His response was "You and me both wish it would happen"

The point seems to be here from Elways mouth is that he want an experienced backup on the roster.

Could his mind change? Surely, maybe Kelly is showing enough now for him to change his mind, but he did say this after the PS game last week.

I'm totally on the Kelly for backup QB bandwagon. I'm just telling you what Elway was quoted as saying.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally cut Watson. About 5 months and 5.5 MM too late IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. On IR then released when healthy.

That is what I figured. I think he is suppose to be healthy in a few weeks too. Not a long term injury so we won't have to look at him on our IR all year. ;)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bicep? I heard pectoral. Doesn't matter since he's heading out the door anyway, I guess. We'll be waiting for the Broncos to cut Mr. Lynch next. Seems inevitable. Probably wait til last minute and after deciding whether to bring in a vet QB or not.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bicep? I heard pectoral. Doesn't matter since he's heading out the door anyway, I guess. We'll be waiting for the Broncos to cut Mr. Lynch next. Seems inevitable. Probably wait til last minute and after deciding whether to bring in a vet QB or not.

I think the Broncos will give some thought where they can trade Lynch for another player who didn't live up to his hype on another team. That way - both GMs get rid of their failures under the cover of a trade - instead of the embarrassment of being cut from the team. No one will expect the player in a trade like that to succeed - so it is only upside if they do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MileHigh64 Sorry, yes, pectoral.

Thing that bothers me about Watson is we had a chance to cut him and save money before I certain date (forgot what the date was) but we held onto him. Now we save no money.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a head scratcher not cutting him when we could have. Or at least re-negotiating before his $ was guaranteed.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season audition coming up. Let's see this offense unleashed (vanilla style). No more flea-flickers for a three and out.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a rip-the-Band-Aid-off painful move to get rid of Watson but it had to be done sooner or later. As I recall the Broncos were compelled to do it because his contract was guaranteed against injury. I still do not like Max Garcia on the roster but I think they may keep him around as C/G depth. That's better than starting at least. If they sign a vet QB then Lynch has got to go. If they lose Kelly to keep Lynch I'll probably blow a gasket.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't lose Kelly to keep Lynch. That battle is already over with between those two.

Garcia is a really nice depth OL to have around. Agree, don't want him starting anymore, but I think he is a luxury to have as a depth guy. We probably could get a late round pick for Garcia, but it would really thin out our depth.

I believe Watson's contract was guaranteed either way... At least that is what the verbiage was told to the public earlier this off-season past a certain day.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ today said that Max Garcia's work on both the right and left side had been good this camp. Also mentioned his snaps at center but said they're just building on his versatility. Sounds like he's staying as a depth player, which I also agree with. He has starting experience over the last couple of years and I think that definitely has some value.

However and having said all that, they can't keep everyone!