• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Reports for the Day

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear that Montee Ball had a better day today. I think some people panicked as soon as they started hearing he was struggling forgetting the guy is still learning the playbook and catching up to the NFL speed. Don't know how effective he will be in the early part of the season but he should be looking good come November and December.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas: impact player to watch in the 2013 season. The Broncos brain trust is all in on this guy and he is going to become our secret weapon. I love it! Go Broncos!!

MH64

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think after three years, it's time that the Broncos give Jeramiah Johnson his chance. The dude is flat out explosive and hard to bring down. I've been perplexed why he hasn't been elevated past the practice squad for the last several years. Watch him in the preseason games and tell me I'm not wrong. Reminds me a bit of Hillis when he was a Bronco. Gets another 2-3 yards on his runs when there's nothing there. Hungry beast!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also good to know that Kuper is already able to run, that Hillman's pass blocking has been solid, that Holiday has been good as a WR, and that the offense is practicing at a very fast tempo. Really whets the appetite for seeing the preseason game at SF in only one week (assuming that NFL Net will show a replay of the game).

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think after three years, it's time that the Broncos give Jeramiah Johnson his chance. The dude is flat out explosive and hard to bring down. I've been perplexed why he hasn't been elevated past the practice squad for the last several years. Watch him in the preseason games and tell me I'm not wrong. Reminds me a bit of Hillis when he was a Bronco. Gets another 2-3 yards on his runs when there's nothing there. Hungry beast!

MH64

I've thought that Johnson is good ever since seeing him play some at Oregon. I also like the versatility of Lance Ball, but I think that JJ has more upside than Lance. Should be interesting to see who makes the squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now with JJ it will be a numbers game. Pretty much unless there is an injury the Broncos will be keeping Hillman, Ball, and Moreno. Most likely Jacob Hester stays as well since he can play multiple positions and the Broncos don't look like they will be carrying a full time full back this year. So now it just boils down to are the Broncos going to keep 5 running backs or 4? With other positions being so deep I kind of lean towards 4 at this time. I like JJ but a big reason he has not gotten the nod for the roster is he is not a great blocker (which then means he isn't very good at blocking on Special teams at least compared to Lance Ball). He also at least last year and this year does not offer much beyond what Hillman already gives this team with the big play ability.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now with JJ it will be a numbers game. Pretty much unless there is an injury the Broncos will be keeping Hillman, Ball, and Moreno. Most likely Jacob Hester stays as well since he can play multiple positions and the Broncos don't look like they will be carrying a full time full back this year. So now it just boils down to are the Broncos going to keep 5 running backs or 4? With other positions being so deep I kind of lean towards 4 at this time. I like JJ but a big reason he has not gotten the nod for the roster is he is not a great blocker (which then means he isn't very good at blocking on Special teams at least compared to Lance Ball). He also at least last year and this year does not offer much beyond what Hillman already gives this team with the big play ability.
I think if Jeremiah Johnson was going to be a good addition to the team, he'd already have a roster spot. He shows some flashes in camp that look nice, but doesn't do enough to supplant any of the guys above him. I'd be surprised if he makes the 53-man list.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Johnson's "Strength" similar to Hillman's? Big play ability with a big burst. It's great he does well in training camp, but doesn't offer anything Hillman wouldn't. Now if Hillman goes down with injury, he could jump Lance and become the 4th. But if Moreno/Ball go down, still don't see him getting in over Lance. CJ will probably make the practice squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Johnson's "Strength" similar to Hillman's? Big play ability with a big burst. It's great he does well in training camp, but doesn't offer anything Hillman wouldn't. Now if Hillman goes down with injury, he could jump Lance and become the 4th. But if Moreno/Ball go down, still don't see him getting in over Lance. CJ will probably make the practice squad.

The coaching staff just doesn't seem too high on Johnson like so many fans and sports writers have been. I think the kid has that great big play ability but the ability to take it up the middle and actually take on the hits a running back takes throughout a season I would question whether he could handle it. Hillman I think is working his butt off to show that he can actually be more than a Change of Pace kind of running back and is really making a name for himself especially in the blocking department.

Every year there is that underdog player that the fans latch onto hoping they can make it onto the team and over the last couple of years it has been JJ and Mario Fannin. Unfortunately I don't think those hopes will be met with excitement as Fannin is already gone and unless there is an injury JJ is too.