• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn't going to be one of your top 3 and he is at the tail end of his career he isn't worth the $3.5M per year. Interesting to be doing this now instead of at the end of the month (what if they get injuries?). Maybe it's a favor to him to latch on with another team.

I don't see us bringing him back but who knows. this team has always seemed to like familiarity. I think Brown may be better on the outside than he has shown in the slot. I think Lewis should be our slot corner and that he is better than Scandrick at this point and by a lot. But if Lewis goes down and Brown doesn't step up there are worse things we can do than sign O at the veteran minimum to play the slot or be the backup there.
but even if this injury scenario happens I think teams will wait for week 2 before signing any one to vet mins. That way nothing is guaranteed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but even if this injury scenario happens I think teams will wait for week 2 before signing any one to vet mins. That way nothing is guaranteed.
To be clear, I'm not saying we should or will sign Scandrick. But, if we don't have a slot corner for some reason we aren't going to worry about guaranteeing a veteran minimum salary if it means going without the player for two weeks (I thought it was one week but I'm sure you are correct). I would do that for depth; not for starters.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I'm not saying we should or will sign Scandrick. But, if we don't have a slot corner for some reason we aren't going to worry about guaranteeing a veteran minimum salary if it means going without the player for two weeks (I thought it was one week but I'm sure you are correct). I would do that for depth; not for starters.
I knew what you meant.
I am just talking in general terms, not just about Scandrick.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close to the end of TC. All of the highlights will be cut to a minimum.

Today sounds like a rough day with injuries. Hopefully nothing serious. LVE did leave practice. Swaim also I think.

On a positive note, Gregory had a couple of sacks. Armstrong beat Tyron once. Lenoir and Dak hooked up for a TD which is starting to look like Lenoirs signature route.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close to the end of TC. All of the highlights will be cut to a minimum.

Today sounds like a rough day with injuries. Hopefully nothing serious. LVE did leave practice. Swaim also I think.

On a positive note, Gregory had a couple of sacks. Armstrong beat Tyron once. Lenoir and Dak hooked up for a TD which is starting to look like Lenoirs signature route.
Hearing non-stop good things about Armstrong's pass rushing potential. Maybe not year 1, but seems a lot to like there

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing non-stop good things about Armstrong's pass rushing potential. Maybe not year 1, but seems a lot to like there

Yes he has had a heck of a camp. I thought he played well vs the 49ers too.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on Instagram and just shut the app. Just read your link and doesn't seem bad, but let's see if they practice today

I hope you are right. I just worry about injuries, especially, hamstrings LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least early this preseason Dallas has been one of the healthiest teams.

**Knock on wood.
Yeah, It does seem we have been ok so far. We have a lot of guys out that seem short term - Beasley, Brown, Huff, etc. Did you see an article showing all teams injuries?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least early this preseason Dallas has been one of the healthiest teams.

**Knock on wood.
All in all. You are right about that. We usually have a lot more at this time. Knock on Wood

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong looking like he could be a steal
Damn Will McClay and the scouting staff are earning the cash they are being paid
Conner Williams will be a solid player this year but after a off season of strength training he could be exceptional
maybe Taco makes a move and proves he should have been a top pick Im pulling for him but I wont bet my house on it .
Jaylon Smith ............ I will Happily eat crow about that being a wasted pick

Randy damn he has come a long way and even with all the restrictions and hoops of fire he has to jump through just to stay on the field I am hopeful he will be fine

David Irving talk to Randy maybe he can point you in the right direction to some people who can help you get your life squared away so you can fulfill your hopes and dreams

Roger Goodell after I present you with the fickle finger of fate award you so richly deserve
How about getting your house in order as your performance as the Commish has been poor at best and abysmal most of the time

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner Williams will be a solid player this year but after a off season of strength training he could be exceptional

David Irving talk to Randy maybe he can point you in the right direction to some people who can help you get your life squared away so you can fulfill your hopes and dreams
Williams: Heard a lot lately about him really needing to build strength. Hope it doesn't keep him from being good this year.

Irving: Well, he is in rehab. So it seems like he is trying.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure sounds like Randy Gregory is looking great in practice the last few days. Apparently Gregory beat T.Smith in 2 out of 3 plays in 1v1 pass rush drills.

Jaylon Smith looking more like he is almost, if not all the way, back.

Dallas has two Power Ball tickets in their back pocket, and just maybe they might be able to cash them BOTH in THIS year. Exciting.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I got such hopes for this guy. I want him to succeed so bad and not just because he is on my team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I got such hopes for this guy. I want him to succeed so bad and not just because he is on my team.
I refuse to let myself buy into the preseason hype that is portraying this guy as a Pro Bowler this year...but...it's getting tougher by the day. As I have said on here from day one and a hundred times since then, don't judge this kid until year 3. Well, right now year 3 is looking like it could be a big time coming out party...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to let myself buy into the preseason hype that is portraying this guy as a Pro Bowler this year...but...it's getting tougher by the day. As I have said on here from day one and a hundred times since then, don't judge this kid until year 3. Well, right now year 3 is looking like it could be a big time coming out party...

And that was a rookie TE he was going up against. But he had some moves and like I said, I really want this kid to succeed.