• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you leave our tackling machine on the field to play the run and let JHC play the nickel LB spot and send Foster to the bench on 3rd & long?

i think that could be in the cards hence the extra 1st team reps . it depends on how far JHC has come

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have removed the sticky from this thread . in a few days i will merge it with the TC so we have one stop shopping there for all film and tweets ETC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11dJohn Keim
i

• John KeimESPN Staff Writer
ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins tackle Trent Williams battled knee problems for most of last season, which led to surgery and a long recovery. But as the Redskins end their spring workouts, Williams is confident in this: He’ll be ready for training camp.

That would strike one health worry off the Redskins’ list. The six-time Pro Bowler said doctors gave him the go-ahead to “do whatever I can without being too aggressive on it.”

“I’m close. I’m very close,” Williams said.

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he was optimistic that the team's players who had offseason surgery will be ready for training camp. However, Gruden also said the Redskins might limit some of them when camp begins July 26 in Richmond.

Jordan Reed (toes) might not return at the start of camp, though he was here this week going through agility work on the side while teammates practiced. Defensive lineman Stacy McGee underwent groin surgery a few weeks ago, and Gruden said he isn't sure yet if McGee will be ready for camp.

For Williams, the return is a long journey that began on Oct. 2, when he first injured his knee. He sat out four games over eight weeks to rest his knee, hoping it would help him last through the season. But once the Redskins were eliminated from playoff contention, Williams was placed on injured reserve with two games remaining and underwent surgery.

He said doctors were surprised that he tried to play through his injury. Williams said doctors performed a tibial tubercle osteotomy on his right knee. The goal was to make sure the kneecap wasn’t out of place. He said during the surgery they also did a microfracture procedure to help the knee regenerate.

Williams’ return to full health will be a major boost to a line that was ravaged by injuries in 2017. Right tackle Morgan Moses played all season with two bad ankles before needing offseason surgery as well. Backup Ty Nsekhe underwent surgery and didn’t participate in spring practices.

But Williams is the team's top lineman and one of the best left tackles in football. With him, the Redskins can run different types of screens -- and be more effective on those they run -- because of his speed and quickness. Once his knee started becoming an issue, Williams struggled on certain blocks when he had to move to a side.

As he talked to the media on the Redskins' last day of practices, Williams, with his head covered in a gold Redskins knit cap, was in a good mood.

“I’ve been training,” he said. “You don’t really know how football is going to feel until you play football, but I’m back to doing pretty much everything I was doing before.”

Williams said this was the first time he had spent the offseason rehabbing from surgery. Typically, he works out in Houston to prepare for the season, but this year, he spent time there working on his knee. He returned to Washington for the mandatory minicamp.

"The last five months, I've been in a cave, just rehabbing, trying to get as close to the normal as possible," Williams said. "I took it extremely seriously. Being back with these guys, it's definitely uplifting."

Jordan reed might not be ready for camp

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sick of Reed, but damn what is it with dude. At first he was getting concussed every other week. I know I put too much on that, but you know what I'm saying. Now he's got fucked up toes. He had a fucked up hammy at one time, a shoulder, a this, a that. Makes me wonder if there really is something to what DJ said after last season. That Reed doesn't take care of himself that's why he's always banged up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is pressure on Smith. He is replacing a QB who at least put up very good stats. He will be measured in part how he does compared to Cousin's in Minnesota. Ultimately it only matters what Smith does but human nature and sports be what it is the two will be compared for the next few years.

I got a kick how they mentioned Smith might not have the weapons here, you mean like Cousin's didn't have the weapons last year. Hell Smith might have a RB. That would be one big plus that Cousin's never had. We will see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is pressure on Smith. He is replacing a QB who at least put up very good stats. He will be measured in part how he does compared to Cousin's in Minnesota. Ultimately it only matters what Smith does but human nature and sports be what it is the two will be compared for the next few years.

I got a kick how they mentioned Smith might not have the weapons here, you mean like Cousin's didn't have the weapons last year. Hell Smith might have a RB. That would be one big plus that Cousin's never had. We will see.

I think they were referring to Smith not having the weapons he had in KC that gave him a crazy outlier of a season in his career. A lot will be determined by the health of Reed (and if he has lost a step) and the progress of Doctson. Like you said though, Guice may be exactly what Smith needs to cover up his deficiencies just like Hunt did last season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were referring to Smith not having the weapons he had in KC that gave him a crazy outlier of a season in his career. A lot will be determined by the health of Reed (and if he has lost a step) and the progress of Doctson. Like you said though, Guice may be exactly what Smith needs to cover up his deficiencies just like Hunt did last season.

i sure hope it does

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00