• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty quiet around here during the offseason, but things should pick up with training camp opening. First day of practice today. Free Safety Jimmy Ward hurt his hamstring and is on the PUP list. He is talented but I start to worry he is turning into Ellington 2.0

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' Jimmie Ward on the active/physically unable to perform list with a hamstring strain suffered during Thursday’s conditioning test.' A bit of concern here. Not sure he will even make the cut if he can't even make it to preseason.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' Jimmie Ward on the active/physically unable to perform list with a hamstring strain suffered during Thursday’s conditioning test.' A bit of concern here. Not sure he will even make the cut if he can't even make it to preseason.

Has Jimmie Ward made it through a full season without missing time to injury? I can't remember for sure but I don't think so. Just like Bruce Ellington they seem to end up on the injury list and miss several weeks. I think Ellington injured his hamstring last preseason and missed the whole year. This is going to be his last chance to prove he can contribute

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good start foster. Pick 6 . Sacks from Armstead, Buckner and Lynch. No Ints from Hoyer. Good run blocking. Garcon and Goodwin with nice plays.

God start

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Jimmie Ward made it through a full season without missing time to injury? I can't remember for sure but I don't think so. Just like Bruce Ellington they seem to end up on the injury list and miss several weeks. I think Ellington injured his hamstring last preseason and missed the whole year. This is going to be his last chance to prove he can contribute
A lot of WR and TEs will get cut this year. We have a solid group at both positions.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate seeing the injuries piling up already. Hopefully the safeties get healed up. Losing Garnett hurts. Hope he is back by week two. Looks like Rueben Foster is working his way into starting unit with Smith lost for the year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zuttah got cut, I'm not sure how that will effect depth with Garnett going down.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zuttah got cut, I'm not sure how that will effect depth with Garnett going down.

I think Zuttah was released after Garnett went down. From the various reports I've report prior to Zuttah being released, he did not want to play guard and looked bad in camp trying to play it. Kilgore looked much better and Barnes had supplanted Zuttah as the #2 center on the roster. He must have played poorly

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zuttah was released after Garnett went down. From the various reports I've report prior to Zuttah being released, he did not want to play guard and looked bad in camp trying to play it. Kilgore looked much better and Barnes had supplanted Zuttah as the #2 center on the roster. He must have played poorly

He was which was why I mentioned how that would effect depth because I think they were looking at both Centers in back up roles as guards as well which gets back to the depth if another guard goes down then things could get a little thin.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for the season.

Me too. At the same time I am enjoying some of the roster battles going on. I really like the running backs and the wide receiving core while not great looks better than it has in years. Looks to have better depth. The Defensive Line looks to be strong. A lot of guys are banged up and I hope this team can get healthier by the time the season starts. The oline and secondary needs to get better. Rashard Robinson is supposed to be the number 1 guy and he was burned a few times last week. He needs to get better.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. At the same time I am enjoying some of the roster battles going on. I really like the running backs and the wide receiving core while not great looks better than it has in years. Looks to have better depth. The Defensive Line looks to be strong. A lot of guys are banged up and I hope this team can get healthier by the time the season starts. The oline and secondary needs to get better. Rashard Robinson is supposed to be the number 1 guy and he was burned a few times last week. He needs to get better.

Just because he's suppose to be the #1 guy doesn't mean he is a #1 CB.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he's suppose to be the #1 guy doesn't mean he is a #1 CB.

He's still a young CB, and although he got a little roughed up on the first series he responded after that with solid tackling and an int. I think he'll be good...he's still learning the speed, angles, and contact of the NFL.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We can't fix everything at once, but does look like SOME things were improved. Our offense will go as the O-line goes. I say this because none of us expected Hoyer to be consistent anyway. He'll have good games, and he'll have bad games. So next is the O-line's cohesion.

Defensively, i just want the run D to be good, since we couldn't fix everything. The run D SHOULD take two steps up with all the draft capital, and Mitchell added.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness, watching the Denver game, this team looks completely lost.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
""they ended up being mostly pragmatic with their money when it came to the offense.

That's not to say they didn't invest on that side of the ball. They signed veteran quarterbacks Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley, wide receivers Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin and Aldrick Robinson, tight end Logan Paulsen, fullback Kyle Juszczyk and running back Tim Hightower. They also traded for center Jeremy Zuttah and re-signed receiver Jeremy Kerley.""

Not exactly confidence-inspiring players.

In the big picture these were prudent decisions, i'm certainly ok with it. You build via the draft and that is what they're doing year 1.

"confidence inspiring players" cost a lot of cap, that isn't the way to start a re-build.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the big picture these were prudent decisions, i'm certainly ok with it. You build via the draft and that is what they're doing year 1.

"confidence inspiring players" cost a lot of cap, that isn't the way to start a re-build.

Me too. You don't build teams through high price big name free agents. This is a rebuilding project. Going to take time to sort things out

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recorded and watched the game yesterday. Not too concerned about the turnovers. Some were just bad bounces. The penalties though have been more consistent from the past game. Definitely things they need to clean up.

I liked the passing game overall. Hoyer was good despite the one turnover. So was Beatherd. The pass blocking was pretty good. Vance McDponald again dropping passes. The run game wasn't good. The running backs didn't get much going and some of that had to do with the run blocking which just wasn't good. On defense, there just wasn't enough pass rush. At least during the first half, Tank Carradine was the only one I saw that was able to get some pressure on the quarterback. Aaron Lynch's absence was noticed. I saw nothing from Harold or Armstead yesterday.