• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has #66 and #67. They should have demanded one of those, rather than that 4th.
SF wanted to move up bad, they should have made them pay more than a 4th.

SF probably would have just waited to see if the pick they were targeting would still be there.. I"m sure they made an attempt to get move value, but it's still pretty good considering were stock piling more picks....

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Ramczyk go was hard to swallow. The Oline is a travesty and he was probably the best OT in the draft.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson, Lamp, and King still on the board... they probably knew this was happening. Probably not a bad move(s) for more picks. Hawks pick early in rd 2... hope it's one of these guys

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, ramczyk went 32... may end up regret not staying put at 31

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pissed we didn't take foster, top 10 talent

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF probably would have just waited to see if the pick they were targeting would still be there.. I"m sure they made an attempt to get move value, but it's still pretty good considering were stock piling more picks....
Da Bears were fucking tards for doing that trade. Lynch must of jizzed in his pants when the Bears said yes to his demands knowing full well they were going to take the DE anyway. Fleece of the draft.
This was Lynch in the SF draft room as the tard Bears GM agreed to that assrape deal.

yesss.gif

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a very weak Oline class this year. Why overreach for a OT for OT sake? Thats what the loser teams do.

Well, we have 4 Olineman that probably couldn't start on any other NFL team, so the need is there. Also, I'd rather Wilson not get killed this season. That's just me though.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Sorry but I got to go on a rant here.

I'm pissed that we traded twice. There was a guy that a valued mock had at 20 to the Giants and a the top T in the draft and we passed TWICE. And for what some low value picks.

Granted we have turned some of those stones to gems (sherman and Kam).

We can't keep doing this year after year. It will catch up.

I'm having questionable faith in the process

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll saying tonight that players they had with 1st round grades still on the board. Such as...

CB Chidobe Awuzie
CB Kevin King
QB DeShone Kizer
DT Malik McDowell
OT Cam Robinson

So there you go.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da Bears were fucking tards for doing that trade. Lynch must of jizzed in his pants when the Bears said yes to his demands knowing full well they were going to take the DE anyway. Fleece of the draft.
This was Lynch in the SF draft room as the tard Bears GM agreed to that assrape deal.

yesss.gif

Bears have idiots running there front office right now... Is it the same GM that said Cutler was an elite QB and gave him that massive contract ?

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the Pete Carroll and John Schneider of the Seattle Seahawks, you trade down in the NFL Draft. It's what you do. If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you switch to GEICO. It's what you do

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entirely possible they preferred Lamp or Robinson to Ramczyk....or that they graded all three about the same. Also possible that their preference all along, given the weak talent of the top O-Line prospects, was to take Kevin King or Obi Melofonwu or another DB. What is certain is that they added a late 3rd round pick, an early 4th rounder and a late 7th. I am willing to wait and see how things play out---not just tomorrow, but next season. In Pete and John I trust.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone suggested on Facebook that the Hawks handed the 49ers the next Ray Lewis, apparently assuming that the Hawks were interested in Foster or thinking that the Hawks should have drafted him just to keep him away from a division rival even if they weren't interested. You don't draft a guy in the first round just to play keep-away.

As far as not drafting one of the offensive linemen that did go in the first round is concerned... I think that adding some offensive linemen in free agency took some of the urgency out of drafting an offensive lineman in the first round. I'd still prefer it if they drafted an offensive lineman at least once in their first few picks, but I'd like it to be someone they actually want rather than someone they feel compelled to take but don't actually want just because they need offensive linemen. They have more flexibility now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I would be surprised if they take an OL. A weak class for OL so why you use your early pick to grab one? That doesn't seem to be their MO.

My guess is that there were at least 3 DBs they were comfortable taking before the 2nd trade so they were comfortable making the trade.

But of course I could be completely wrong as well. I've stopped pretending to be able to know what this front office will do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramczyk sucks ass... he has injury issues and he's another Moffitt, he already quit on football once. Fuck that. Give me Obi Wan! He's our only hope!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like moving down just 8 spots to get 3 more picks that include a 3rd and 4th. In recent years this team has drafted not just starters but some possible future HOF players in those rounds and even later. Those are valuable picks. I think some people who are dogging it are just being pissy because they watched the draft all night and didn't get the gratification of a pick.

Like Flyer, I don't think they are looking at OL with 34. I think it will be defense -- either a DB or that versatile DL from Mich St.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like moving down just 8 spots to get 3 more picks that include a 3rd and 4th. In recent years this team has drafted not just starters but some possible future HOF players in those rounds and even later. Those are valuable picks. I think some people who are dogging it are just being pissy because they watched the draft all night and didn't get the gratification of a pick.

Like Flyer, I don't think they are looking at OL with 34. I think it will be defense -- either a DB or that versatile DL from Mich St.

If you even somewhat follow the Seahawks you shouldn't be getting your hopes up for a 1st round pick lol. That said, what a night tonight will be. 2 2nds and 4 (FOUR!?!?!?) 3rds.

Seattle needs a lot of depth/help in the secondary/linebacker/O-Line/D-Line department so I expect us to use em' all. I just want Obi Wan... if f'ing Green Bay takes him I'll be pissed.