• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading back

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that this would be the best option unless one of the top 10 picks falls in our lap. If we trade back about 5 spots and gain a 3rd we can still get tredavious white, corey davis, dalvin cook, mike Williams, cam , taco, jabrill, king, awuzie, john ross. I know we are CB desperate but we are not desoerate to field a SB contender. Lets get back picks we lost to get Wentz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Sparky, you have quite an assortment of favorite teams.

Our history of trading back has not been too good. I think that with the new personnel managers, e will draft the BPA in most rounds, unless it's clearly a QB, and then they look to trade. In fact, if one of the top ten are there, they may even trade up to get him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree our history hasn't been great, but this would seem to be a very good time to trade back if certain guys are off the board at corner, because we can get similar prospects at other positions 5-8 spots down and net a third rounder or so.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade back should be an option .. trade back and get an extra 3rd or fleece them and get an extra 2nd and then pick up mccaffrey and then pick up a few dbs in the 2nd and 3rd or pickup a db and a receiver -- but you gotta only do that if your target at 15 is there and your targets at 20-22 are all there. it doesnt make sense to trade back if you still have a couple targets there -- I think you get in to a problem if you start getting cute and try and be the smartest guy in the room.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no part of trading back. If anything, a trade UP. But I think there will be plenty of solid options in areas of need right where we sit. RB, WR, TE or maybe CB. This isn't a great OL draft at all, and I think we've done all we can, for now and don't need to waste a high pick here. We need it, but no reason to overpay or buy into something that isn't the quality we want. Esp for a 1st round pick. We are either sold on Alshon, "AND" torry or WR is still a serious option. I still want Michael Williams, and this would be a better situation for him to come into now. I would rather see us use a pick around 3 or 4 for a RB, but there are a couple I wouldn't throw a fit over. Just don't reach for a player, and get quality. A good CB will be available in the 2nd.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'd all be pretty disappointed if we grabbed a O-Tackle even if we do need one pretty darn soon.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now our "major" need imo is Cornerback ... our starters right now are Jalen Mills and Ronald Brooks. Mills did ok for a rookie at times, but once receivers get by him he doesn't have recovery speed. He has decent hips and does a good job of pressing receivers ... but if they get by him he's toast unless it's under thrown. To me he's a solid #3, but isn't starter material due to his lack of long speed. Brooks is 28 years old and is still looking for his first career interception ... do I have to say more? In other words we need to come up with 2 starting CB's in this draft since we completely ignored Corner in free agency.

My solution? Well, imo there isn't a Corner worth the 14th pick in the draft ... I see a lot of "good" potential starting Corners in this draft, but only Marshon Lattimore as a top stud. So, with that in mind I would love to trade down into the early-mid 20's, grab another 3rd rounder if possible and take one of Conley, White or Awuzie.

If we stay at 14 and don't trade back I want a top Offensive weapon for Wentz. Ideally Corey Davis would slip due to not being able to work out at the Combine or being able to do any Pro Day / Private workouts. If not he, I would take John Ross who hasn't shown any slowing down from past injuries and put up an incredible Combine / Pro Day on top of an incredible production year.

I wouldn't be too too upset with a top RB in Rd 1 either or OJ Howard whom I absolutely love as a prospect.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think your going to like the prospects at 20-ish that you will at 14. Someone always slides. Someone always gets picked too early. We can get a true starter and someone to build around also at 14. This might be the highest we pick again for a very long time. I'd rather trade "UP" than down.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can take a CB in the 2nd and 3rd. And use a 1st on it next year also. Not going to fill ALL our holes this year alone. it was always going to take 1 more year, despite how well they did this year so far.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think your going to like the prospects at 20-ish that you will at 14. Someone always slides. Someone always gets picked too early. We can get a true starter and someone to build around also at 14. This might be the highest we pick again for a very long time. I'd rather trade "UP" than down.

I'm only trading down if we are looking at taking a Corner in Rd 1 ... otherwise I agree to stay put at 14. That is unless you get bowled over with an offer.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade back should be an option .. trade back and get an extra 3rd or fleece them and get an extra 2nd and then pick up mccaffrey and then pick up a few dbs in the 2nd and 3rd or pickup a db and a receiver -- but you gotta only do that if your target at 15 is there and your targets at 20-22 are all there. it doesnt make sense to trade back if you still have a couple targets there -- I think you get in to a problem if you start getting cute and try and be the smartest guy in the room.

That's how we ended up with Marcus Smith. If a guy you really like is there at your pick, just take him and don't mess around.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be disappointed if we traded back and got an offensive tackle, depending on what happens and who is there.

For the record, the move to trade back that got us Marcus Smith wasn't bad--the selection of Smith was the bad part.

Here are three guys who went immediately after Smith at the end of the first round: Deone Bucannon, Kelvin Benjamin, Bradley Roby. All three have become solid NFL starters.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Sparky, you have quite an assortment of favorite teams.

Our history of trading back has not been too good. I think that with the new personnel managers, e will draft the BPA in most rounds, unless it's clearly a QB, and then they look to trade. In fact, if one of the top ten are there, they may even trade up to get him.

Yes Old Duke its a long story regarding my teams lol

It seems most of us agree that the same talent is there at 20 as 14, so why not improve it with an added 3rd? All those guys in my list at the top are quality players, we need more youth on this team to choose from rather than keep going heavy in free agency. And like Rey said, good CB will still be available along with BPA.

For the trade UP folks, who would you go after? OJ Howard? Lattimore? Barnett?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade up for Lattimore, Barnett - not quite sure, Howard - maybe, but Lattimore definitely.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would possibly trade up for Fournette, and maybe Lattimore. Obviously if Myles Garrett slid or something I would trade up but that ain't happening.

Barnett will make it to our pick, no need to trade up for him.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not a player or two away from contending.

There are far too many holes that need to be filled, too much talent to be upgraded to consider giving up picks to move up in the draft.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not a player or two away from contending.

There are far too many holes that need to be filled, too much talent to be upgraded to consider giving up picks to move up in the draft.

too many holes for 1 draft/season. Not too many holes for 2 seasons.

I'd rather get quality at this point. I would trade up (and it wouldn't be that far) to get CB Lattimore or WR Williams. Both would be huge starters and staples on this team for years. Not reaches. Otherwise stay put. Plenty of talent of need at 14. NO WAY do I want to trade down.

We will not likely be this high in the draft again for awhile. I think we need to utilize it, not give it all away for an extra 3rd rounder. How often does that 3rd rounder become what you get in the top half of the 1st round???? Put another way, next year if we are picking at 23 - would you trade 1 of 2 3rd round picks you have to move up into the top half of the 1st round??? HELL YEA! We need quality picks. Lets get one while we can.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, you astute scouts are raving about, is to trade back or even stay put so we don't lose out on this year's combine star - "Obe Won Kanobe", I mean Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn. I know he's tempting, but so was Mike Mamula. Howie would lose his job if he took him @ #14, ane he is a bust. We hired Douglas because he doesn't gamble, but takes the BPA for his team.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many holes for 1 draft/season. Not too many holes for 2 seasons.

I'd rather get quality at this point. I would trade up (and it wouldn't be that far) to get CB Lattimore or WR Williams. Both would be huge starters and staples on this team for years. Not reaches. Otherwise stay put. Plenty of talent of need at 14. NO WAY do I want to trade down.

We will not likely be this high in the draft again for awhile. I think we need to utilize it, not give it all away for an extra 3rd rounder. How often does that 3rd rounder become what you get in the top half of the 1st round???? Put another way, next year if we are picking at 23 - would you trade 1 of 2 3rd round picks you have to move up into the top half of the 1st round??? HELL YEA! We need quality picks. Lets get one while we can.

No one knows whether it's two seasons or not. Unless you have some kind of crystal ball that lets you know how any addition to the team will be playing/contributing to the team over the next 2/3 years.
And if you do have such a device why haven't you won the lottery yet?