• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Wiggins to Boston for Kyrie

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they should have sent Wiggins back to Cleveland last summer in exchange for Kyrie, when Cleveland would have been more than happy to do it. Butler and Kyrie want to play together, and they'd form a legit "big 3" with Towns.

Now with Kyrie in Boston, I'm not sure what it would take to get him. But if Wiggins and some other assets besides KAT and Butler could get it done, they should go for it, and try to resign both Butler and Kyrie to extensions. Trading KAT anywhere or sending Butler to Boston to team up with Kyrie should be be completely off the table, though. In any case, they really need to figure out things with Butler one way or the other before just letting him walk in free agency.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins trade value is about 0 at this point. He followed up his massive extension that only paid off if he became aggressive on the floor by somehow becoming the most passive player in history.

I am not sure I agree about not Trading Butler though, it seems like he is all but gone anyway, better to get something for him than him walking. He has already been worth the trade just by making it so the Wolves are not paying Lavine 20 million.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thing Boston needs is another wing.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler turns down extension offer from Wolves

Time to move him.

I don't really care what we get, just get rid of him now!

While it might make sense for Butler to gamble on staying healthy enough next season to land a bigger contract with more money in 2019, I still think you're right. I don't see him as particularly wanting to be in Minnesota. It's hard to see that changing unless KAT/Wiggins somehow flip a switch and they make a legitimate playoff run beyond 1-and-done next season. That's assuming all three of them are even here for that.