• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade McCarron for....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like AJ but it is clear we are not going to resign him, we have one year left, and while I agree a quality backup QB is a necessity now a days in case of an injury, I would think we could find a trade partner, and obviously the Browns become a hard trade partner because of the rivalry and division foe.

What if we were to trade McCarron to San Francisco for a 2nd round pick and their second 4th round pick?

You know SF is in need of a franchise QB. They need a guy that is not a major risk as there are few franchise type QB's in this years draft. NE is asking for a 1st round pick for Gropp.

We could then package 2 4th round picks to move back up into the 3rd round I think so we can provide better quality versus so much quantity.

1st (9) - LB Rueben Foster, Bama
2nd (2) - RB Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
2nd (9) - WR Zay Jones, East Carolina
3rd (9) - OG Danny Isidora, U Miami
3rd (25ish range) - C Kyle Fuller, Baylor (trade [2] 4th round picks to move up to here)
4th (9) - DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova
5th (9) - QB Jerod Evans, VT

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get picks for the kid..... But I think everyone is waiting to see what happens with Jimmy G from NE. AJ might have some value if he doesn't get moved.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I callled Mike Brown with this suggestion.

he said we don't have money under the cap to sign all the people you mention. :(

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to get an edge rusher out a deal.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to get an edge rusher out a deal.

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova would be a decent player on the edge I think. Big enough to slide inside on occassion, kinda like Gilberry. Plus, our outside edge rusher is that Chris Smith we just picked up from the Jags. That would basically be his forte. Granted, he is no all-pro and certainly no prospect like Jarrett but between the guys we have and a few additions to the line, I think we will be serviceable.

I think our defense is pretty good, and with the addition of Foster to the middle of the LB core along with Vigil on the outside, Billings coming in to replace Peko at DT, and a healthy William Jackson to add to the secondary...I think our defense will be around 10ish.

Our offense on the other hand though, losing Whitworth, Zeitler, Burkhead, along with Jones and Sanu last year...our offense needs the biggest upgrade in this draft. So if you spend your top pick on defense, spend those next several picks on offense. Another guy I really like is OT (RT) Zach Banner from USC. Good quality kid, big, physical.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get picks for the kid..... But I think everyone is waiting to see what happens with Jimmy G from NE. AJ might have some value if he doesn't get moved.

Why? What makes him better than AJ? His 3 or 4 games he had? They were no better than AJ's games and AJ nearly came back from 14+ deficit in the playoffs against the Steelers. I am not sure why there is no much desire for Gropp. He is probably a product of his system, like every other QB that runs through New England not named Brady. Take him off the Patriots and he is a backup QB at best.

AJ at least looks like a starting QB and will never be mistaken for a product of the system seeing how he comes from the Bengals.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What makes him better than AJ? His 3 or 4 games he had? They were no better than AJ's games and AJ nearly came back from 14+ deficit in the playoffs against the Steelers. I am not sure why there is no much desire for Gropp. He is probably a product of his system, like every other QB that runs through New England not named Brady. Take him off the Patriots and he is a backup QB at best.

AJ at least looks like a starting QB and will never be mistaken for a product of the system seeing how he comes from the Bengals.

I'm as big of an AJ fan you'll find..... But, apparently the folks that get paid for this shit have Jimmy G ranked very highly - Ahead of AJ. I don't agree with the ranking, but that's the way I read it.

If Jimmy doesn't get moved, AJ will be the best available (vet) qb that can be acquired.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith likely doesn't even make this roster. Tanoh is the same kind of DE we already have. We need someone who can really get after the QB with speed. Not another Michael Johnson.

Part of the reason teams have JG ahead of AJ is where they were drafted. It makes no sense, but the fact that he was a 2nd round QB and then had a couple decent games means he HAS to be worth more than a 2nd round pick.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes him better than AJ? He plays for the Patriots. Therefore he must be a future HOF. Just like Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett...the list goes on.

I've said it before, AJ just strikes me as one of those guys that will go somewhere and win a Super Bowl. He's got some stuff upstairs that can't be taught.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him better than AJ? He plays for the Patriots. Therefore he must be a future HOF. Just like Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett...the list goes on.

I've said it before, AJ just strikes me as one of those guys that will go somewhere and win a Super Bowl. He's got some stuff upstairs that can't be taught.

I definitely think AJ will be a winner. He should have led our shit franchise to it's only playoff win in the modern era. With the right coach, he'll do good things.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have their own media PR hype department. Guys like Rappaport, Schefter, King, Mortensen, they love Belichick so much and want to maintain access to him so they do his bidding. He tells them to float that Jimmy G is worth a 1, and they do it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was saddened when I saw we were to sign Glennon. I've wanted McCarron since his stint as a starter in 2015.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have their own media PR hype department. Guys like Rappaport, Schefter, King, Mortensen, they love Belichick so much and want to maintain access to him so they do his bidding. He tells them to float that Jimmy G is worth a 1, and they do it.

Have never seen them do that. All they have reported this off-season, is that the Pats aren't moving him. They were correct...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith likely doesn't even make this roster. Tanoh is the same kind of DE we already have. We need someone who can really get after the QB with speed. Not another Michael Johnson.

Part of the reason teams have JG ahead of AJ is where they were drafted. It makes no sense, but the fact that he was a 2nd round QB and then had a couple decent games means he HAS to be worth more than a 2nd round pick.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you about an edge rusher who has speed and can get after the QB, and you are right, Tanoh is sort of what we have now. I just don't see any outside of Jarrett that I even like besides Thomas and I imagine he will be gone before our pick as well. Even Barnett seems like a reach for me at #9. Granted, Foster has medical concerns and last time we took a LB at #9 it turned out to be Rivers, who was less than average.

However, I am picturing a pretty good LB core with Vigil, Foster, Burfict. I think we will have a solid secondary again. I think our defensive line actually gets better than last year, even with Michael Johnson starting simply because of Billings. I personally think Billings was a first round talent that slide for whatever reason. Can't wait to watch him play.

Still not a great pass rusher to help with the area we lacked last year, but I don't see anyone helping us immediately unless it is Jarrett or Thomas. Perhaps second round we could go JJ Watt's little brother. Hope both are good and not just big brother. No idea.

I just know that offense is our biggest weakness and I think it is sad that McCarron doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was a 5th round pick, but that was because he was recovering from major arm surgery right? He has proved he is healthy, a hell of a leader, got a good arm, doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't fold under pressure. All proven. Just not sure why all the hype for Gropp. It is almost as if the league is helping keep the Patriots who they are instead of realizing that most their players they are willing to get rid of, was just to boost their value as a system player and then pawn them off at their highest value to a desperate team. Oh well.

Just my 2 cents for the day. Back to the grind! :)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have never seen them do that. All they have reported this off-season, is that the Pats aren't moving him. They were correct...

That's part of the Patriots plan. They are making him seem untouchable. The truth is that we wouldn't know until before the draft anyway....Deals are made on draft day. I think the Patriots are just setting a market for him. If they get what they want, he will be moved. No doubt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the Patriots plan. They are making him seem untouchable. The truth is that we wouldn't know until before the draft anyway....Deals are made on draft day. I think the Patriots are just setting a market for him. If they get what they want, he will be moved. No doubt.

Link?

If they wanted him moved, they wouldn't wait until teams that were QB needy found a QB. lol

The Bears were vocal about pursuing him, as Ryan Pace went to Eastern Illinois. They went ahead and signed Glennon. That says a lot. Schefter and these guys, for all of the shit they get. When they're firm about something, it's almost always true. He's not leaving NE man...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team that may be interested in McCarron for the right price would be the Jets I would think. They have some offensive talent and a decent Oline. McCarron could make an immediate impact there. Another place McCarron could thrive would be in Denver.

These are all great landing spots for McCarron, some of which may be harder to justify, like the first:

Cleveland
New York Jets
Chicago (now that they signed Glennon probably less interested now)
Buffalo (still has Tyrod, but with Buffalo's offensive weapons, I can see McCarron really taking off there)
Denver
San Francisco

The teams that could afford the 2nd and 4th best would be Cleveland and San Francisco.

Oh well, I know we are not trading him, but I would love to see him get a quicker starting job in the NFL, and us getting something for him instead of holding a clipboard the entire year again when he has value.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you about an edge rusher who has speed and can get after the QB, and you are right, Tanoh is sort of what we have now. I just don't see any outside of Jarrett that I even like besides Thomas and I imagine he will be gone before our pick as well. Even Barnett seems like a reach for me at #9. Granted, Foster has medical concerns and last time we took a LB at #9 it turned out to be Rivers, who was less than average.

However, I am picturing a pretty good LB core with Vigil, Foster, Burfict. I think we will have a solid secondary again. I think our defensive line actually gets better than last year, even with Michael Johnson starting simply because of Billings. I personally think Billings was a first round talent that slide for whatever reason. Can't wait to watch him play.

Still not a great pass rusher to help with the area we lacked last year, but I don't see anyone helping us immediately unless it is Jarrett or Thomas. Perhaps second round we could go JJ Watt's little brother. Hope both are good and not just big brother. No idea.

I just know that offense is our biggest weakness and I think it is sad that McCarron doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was a 5th round pick, but that was because he was recovering from major arm surgery right? He has proved he is healthy, a hell of a leader, got a good arm, doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't fold under pressure. All proven. Just not sure why all the hype for Gropp. It is almost as if the league is helping keep the Patriots who they are instead of realizing that most their players they are willing to get rid of, was just to boost their value as a system player and then pawn them off at their highest value to a desperate team. Oh well.

Just my 2 cents for the day. Back to the grind! :)
I'd be Happy with Barnett at 9. Thomas is who I want most, but Barnett is good. TE is the next place I'd like to see us go if one of the 2 big safeties don't fall. Give me Howard or Njoku.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might get a 3rd or 4th for him. Def not a second.