• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not willing to write TC off just yet. I know the shoulder and back injuries he's had robbed him of his power the past two seasons. Instead of missing multiple weeks or going on IR, he's gutted it out. Part of that is due to the lack of talent and depth at DE and that we needed the guy to play (out of position) with just one arm. Another part of that is he was trying to justify that contract he signed. Another part is the guy loves football. I'm hoping for health for this guy, rooting for him to succeed which makes the defense and team that much better. The trade talk didn't make sense to me then and sure doesn't now.
You nailed it again husker with this post.
This guy was beat the hell up the last two years and did nothing but gut it up for his team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford seems to get hurt every year. Not exactly a reason to keep a guy. Point is he is paid like a Pro Bowler and has played like just another member of our rotation since he has been here and doesn't really have a perfect position in this defense. To me his biggest value is his ability to play multiple positions which is what Rod loves and probably why he is still here. IMO his best fit is LDE when his weight is down a little. I've read many say they think his best position is 3 Tech and with his weight up a little more than it was last year. Doesn't really matter though because he isn't tradeable and he isn't cuttable. Hopefully he will be like so many other players and all of a sudden have a good year when it's time to make some money. If not he is very likely gone or agrees to a pay cut after this year. There is a better than 50% chance he is one of our top 3 DL this year, so the value to keep him is certainly there and expected. I think it's him, Lawrence and Collins as the top 3. You can make a case for a bunch of others, but Irving and young guys would need to step up, so those are the 3 I'd pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what positions are we set up to make a trade at? I'm not sure we get much back, but maybe loser of Hitchens/Wilson if Smith looks like he is ready to play? We would still have Nzeocha to back up all 3 spots. Personally with Lee's history, Smiths injury and the fact that neither of the other two are proven consistent yet, I keep them all.

How about if all our young DBs look good. Then maybe Carrol or Scandrick becomes expendable. But again, that probably a long shot and I never heard a team complain they had too many cover guys...

So I got nothing on trades. Last attempt. Let's say Collins looks good at RT, Green looks good as Swing Tackle and Cooper/Looney look good at G. Bell for a 6th or 7th rounder? Not sure that's quite the splash I had in mind when I started typing this...

But as we sit here today I really like the depth on this team. Maybe not enough to make a big trade, but enough to hope we end up with a much improved roster and competition throughout. This is finally a "Garrett roster":2cents: