• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Trade for Shady?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady McCoy is on the trading block. Question: what would you be willing to give up in a trade for Shady?
It is not going to be cheap. Not really outrageous, but the Bills would not trade him for a mid round pick or two. So, what would you give up, keeping in mind that we have a 1st next year, but no 2nd or 3rd picks.

What would you give up to do a deal? Please not any foolish answers. If you were the Bills, what would be acceptable compensation?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will start with the obvious.....if I were the Bills I would accept the best I can get. Reasonable that a second next year or a second and third over two years could do it.

Would I do it if I were the Eagles? Let's start with reality.....this is a team that is rebuilding....not one RB from shooting for it all. We made great progress this offseason, I believe. But there is still far to go. Draft picks matter a lot at this point....and we have already given up a bunch next year.

Now.....even if we had the picks I would say no. Again, we are rebuilding and not one RB from going for broke.

I was just watching the MNF season opener against Washington in Chips first year the other night and thought "why the fuck would anyone get rid of Shady when we did?". Might be the thing I hate most about Chip (and that is saying something).

Still.....the past is the past at this point.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills will probably be willing to give him up as the Bills seem like they are trying to tank and stock pile picks for next year. They already have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny Curry and Jason Kelce.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up more than a very low pick (6th round) for a 29 year old running back given where this team is right now.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we even have the cap room for Shady?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie would have to massage the numbers, which he always has been able to do.
That said, I doubt the organization will deal for shady, unless the cost is reasonable.
Due to Shady's age and contract, you never know, and guess we'll find out real soon, depending on how our running game looks Thursday night.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were trying to win a ring this year, maybe, but you don't trade for 29 year old RBs too often.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have nothing to offer them as they are looking to restart with picks in Buffalo. We do have 3 4ths ...but we need those to re-stock since we have no 2nd or 3rd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to have a decent running game to get through this season, until we gt Barkley next year! :heh:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should bring McCoy in, right after we resign Maclin.

:hellno:

Unless of course, he is interested in playing for 25 cents, per game.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several RB's that we could trade for. I just don't see any back that currently are skilled at running, blocking, and receiving. I think Pump goes on the practice squad, if we don't lose him. He has disappointed so far. Can Smallwood stay healthy? Can Blount be counted on when the lights go on? I think we trade a 4th for a solid back who can do all 3 things. I think you've seen the prospects. If not, I will send them here.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several RB's that we could trade for. I just don't see any back that currently are skilled at running, blocking, and receiving. I think Pump goes on the practice squad, if we don't lose him. He has disappointed so far. Can Smallwood stay healthy? Can Blount be counted on when the lights go on? I think we trade a 4th for a solid back who can do all 3 things. I think you've seen the prospects. If not, I will send them here.

You said you just don't see a back out there that can do all three and then said we should trade a 4th for a back who can do all three things.

Which one is it? And if there is someone you see, who could be had for a 4th to come into this offense at this point and have a chance to really contribute who would that be?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that WE do not have a back who can do all three skills. So, I would be interested in trading for a back somewhere out there who CAN do all 3. Here are some candidates that are not starters, but have the skills that can help us.
Jeremy Hill, Cinc.
Charcandrick West, K.C.
Matt Jones, Wash.
Carlos Hyde, SF
C.J. Prosise, Sea.
Mark Ingram, N.O.
Damian Williams, Mia.
Jeremy Langford, Chi.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that WE do not have a back who can do all three skills. So, I would be interested in trading for a back somewhere out there who CAN do all 3. Here are some candidates that are not starters, but have the skills that can help us.
Jeremy Hill, Cinc.
Charcandrick West, K.C.
Matt Jones, Wash.
Carlos Hyde, SF
C.J. Prosise, Sea.
Mark Ingram, N.O.
Damian Williams, Mia.
Jeremy Langford, Chi.

With the possible exception of Damian Williams (possible) I do not see any of those guys having teams that would be interested in parting with them for a 4th rounder. Mark Ingram had some chatter a few months back but I think N.O. is fully committed on him and AP at this point.

Also....at this point.....depth charts are pretty much fleshed out.

Sticking to the idea of who would I want if everything else was no matter of importance......from this list....I would like Prosise. I like what he did last year and the promise he showed. I think he bounces back from injury fine.

Of course.....he likely would never recover if we were to trade for him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that there are not cut-down schedules, only at the end of preseason when we cut down from 90 to 53, so there will many guys cut kind of unexpectedly rather than getting nothing, some RB's will gt cut, so some teams will gladly trade a 3rd or 4th string RB, rather than getting nothing. Several of the names above will be trade candidates.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that there are not cut-down schedules, only at the end of preseason when we cut down from 90 to 53, so there will many guys cut kind of unexpectedly rather than getting nothing, some RB's will gt cut, so some teams will gladly trade a 3rd or 4th string RB, rather than getting nothing. Several of the names above will be trade candidates.

If their going to be cut why give up a draft pick? I do not remember post cut pickups being too hot a commodity. Maybe I'm just getting tripped up by a few of the names on there I don't see being cut.

So I have not been up on the Seahawks this preseason. There a couple of guys jockeying there. Let's say Prosise is one that gets cut. I would still rather roll the dice I could grab him free than give up any pick to get him.

Overall....I think we improved in many areas. Running back is absolutely an area of need. I am not keen on spending picks for a last minute piece this year as anyone on that list does not put us over the top this year. Keep building smart like they have been. Roll with whatever mess the backfield is going to be this year.