• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline/Playoff push

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's kind of weird. Before the season he was projected as the number 1 asset if the Rangers struggled. They have been out of it since April but I haven't heard anything about him, it's all Machado and Happ.

Funny you should mention that:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you should mention that:

Haha, guess I needed to wait to post that. I just remember at the beginning of the year he was suppose to be this year's top guy to trade for.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels numbers don't look great this year but he also has much better road splits it looks like FWIW

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels numbers don't look great this year but he also has much better road splits it looks like FWIW

True, they're pretty average numbers, but all we really need is a reliable average veteran starter. Is anyone really confident that LeBlanc is going to sustain being above average the rest of the year and into the playoffs should that happen?

I'd prefer Happ, but would be happy with Hamels.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBlanc is going to sustain being above average the rest of the year and into the playoffs should that happen?
Absolutely not. I don't expect him or Marco contributing much at the end of the year. That's why another starter is a must. I think there is enough depth to replace one of them during the season and then have playoff rotation of Pax, Acquistion, Leake and Felix

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just reported that Texas has cleared the way to trade him and most likely before the AS break. I am guessing he has team on a no-trade list and maybe they were rechecking with him to see if those teams are still off limits.

My only worry with him or Happ is that they are both in the mold of Gonzo and LeBlanc and LH like them and Paxton. I would really love to see a RH power pitcher to change things up.

The power pitcher which I would love as well is going to cost a lot at this point. Better to get him in the offseason. A Hamels or Happ will cost less unless a team is looking to dump a power pitcher just to get something cause he's in his final year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's kind of weird. Before the season he was projected as the number 1 asset if the Rangers struggled. They have been out of it since April but I haven't heard anything about him, it's all Machado and Happ.

Rangers want to move him before the ASG. Interesting to see what offers will be floated to them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power pitcher which I would love as well is going to cost a lot at this point. Better to get him in the offseason. A Hamels or Happ will cost less unless a team is looking to dump a power pitcher just to get something cause he's in his final year.

Ya but Dipoto won't sign one in the off season. It is as iff he needs to prove to himself (or ownership) that they have a real chance during the season before getting the green light to make the deal. Plus, I don't see us having any untouchables that would hurt us long term if dealt for a stud now. With that said, I would like a guy at least under control for next year as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, they're pretty average numbers, but all we really need is a reliable average veteran starter. Is anyone really confident that LeBlanc is going to sustain being above average the rest of the year and into the playoffs should that happen?

I'd prefer Happ, but would be happy with Hamels.

Never really had confidence that he'd be able to sustain it at the level he has... I've been waiting for him to come back down to earth and looks like that's what's happening now... He has definitely been key in the success we've had... But if we make it to the postseason, past the WC round - we'll need a rotation of Paxton, Felix and a guy like Hamels... I'd feel more confident w/ a guy like Happ as well vs LeBlanc...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another positive for Hamels is he knows what pitching in the playoffs is like

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but Dipoto won't sign one in the off season. It is as iff he needs to prove to himself (or ownership) that they have a real chance during the season before getting the green light to make the deal. Plus, I don't see us having any untouchables that would hurt us long term if dealt for a stud now. With that said, I would like a guy at least under control for next year as well.

If we want the M's to get a stud then DeGrom or Syndegaard would be the target. Would cost a lot but could be worth it to have one of those guys in the rotation.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of former Phillies, I'd like to see if the M's try for Cole Hamels. He has a lot of post season experience and I think it would do wonders for this staff.

Evan Grant (Rangers Beat Writer) on 710
said he thought the cost for Hamels would be a back-half of a Top 30-list prospect. Not sure if he’s adjusting that to be the Mariners’ top 30 or just talking in general. ~ Per someone else posting this elsewhere.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant (Rangers Beat Writer) on 710
said he thought the cost for Hamels would be a back-half of a Top 30-list prospect. Not sure if he’s adjusting that to be the Mariners’ top 30 or just talking in general. ~ Per someone else posting this elsewhere.

I'm going to guess anybody since they want to unload him in a week or two. Somewhere between 20-30th ranked is where I would put it as back half. So I would say start with the 25th ranked prospect who ever that may be and then try to find some middle ground.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he came cheap, I would take in but I would still prefer a real stud if playoffs (winning playoffs) is the true goal. Pay the price because next year there is no guarantee of repeating the same season.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the mariners do this one..there rotation will look like the dodgers with paxton L/L felix R/R hammels L/L leake R/R
( an improving)gonzales L/L...not bad...I like it

but it kiks leblanc to the pin..that is ok

felix an old 32 in pitching terms..
hammels 34
leake is only 30
paxton 29
gonzales 26

not a trade for a young up and comer.( i like a sanches (tor)trade).still a good one though

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i would send hernandez to one or the other of texas or toronto as well for the price of a#5 ...50/50 pitcher
prob have to eat some money on that one

hammals has a cutter though i like that
wish they could get both hammels and sanchez...tor prob does not want to give up sanchez though..lol

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Snell is the LHP Seattle-area native we want.

Controllable contact and JP likes dealing with TB.

He was first asked about the prospect of going big and chasing Rays ace left-hander Blake Snell, a graduate of Shorewood High School.

“I’m fairly certain he’s not available,” Dipoto said with a laugh.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was first asked about the prospect of going big and chasing Rays ace left-hander Blake Snell, a graduate of Shorewood High School.

“I’m fairly certain he’s not available,” Dipoto said with a laugh.

Even if he was available, the Mariners would have zero chance to land him. They don't have the prospects which it would take. Happ and Hamels are guys IMO that we trade lesser prospects but would have to take on the contracts.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was available, the Mariners would have zero chance to land him. They don't have the prospects which it would take. Happ and Hamels are guys IMO that we trade lesser prospects but would have to take on the contracts.

Yes but both are rentals vs a franchise type pitcher. It's never going to happen, but they should at least ask before getting the door slammed on them...and ya, they have no reason to trade him.