• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tracking the roster cuts

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- The Bears have informed receiver Tanner Gentry that he has been waived. Gentry, an undrafted rookie out of Wyoming, is a prime candidate to stick with the Bears on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Gentry was a bright spot throughout training camp, showcasing his strong hands and playmaking ability. He totaled four catches for 77 yards during the preseason, including a 45-yard touchdown reception from Mitch Trubisky against the Titans last weekend.

With Gentry's release, it's possible the Bears may keep only five receivers on their intial 53-man roster.

- Running back Ka'Deem Carey will be placed on injured reserve, still recuperating from August wrist surgery. Carey was a fourth-round pick in 2014 and has contributed 111 carries, 443 rushing yards and two touchdowns in his first three seasons. By placing Carey on I.R. before final cuts are made, the running back is ineligible to be designated for return from I.R. during the regular season. It's possible he will receive an injury settlement from the Bears at some point with the option of moving on to another team.

- Inside linebacker Jonathan Anderson will be waived but is a prime candidate to be added to the practice squad if he clears waivers. Anderson played in 19 games during his first two seasons with the Bears, including three starts.

- The Bears have cut outside linebacker Dan Skuta, who was held out of Thursday night's preseason finale as he recovered from a concussion.

- The Bears are placing offensive lineman Jordan Morgan on injured reserve with a shoulder injury. Morgan was the team's fifth-round pick in April's draft after playing for the Bears coaching staff at the Senior Bowl in January.

- Safety Harold Jones-Quartey has been informed he will be waived. Jones-Quartey played in 29 games and made 16 starts during his first two seasons with the Bears.

- DeAndre Houston-Carson will be waived. The second-year safety was a sixth-round pick in 2016 and seems likely to be added to the Bears' practice squad if he clears waivers.

- The Bears have informed defensive lineman Rashaad Coward and offensive linemen Brandon Greene and Dieugot Joseph that they will be waived. Running back Josh Rounds will also be waived.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Photo Gallery: 2017 Bears 53-Man Roster

The Bears waived 21 players, including kicker Roberto Aguayo, receivers Tanner Gentry and Daniel Braverman, linebackers Jonathan Anderson and John Timu and safeties Harold Jones-Quartey and DeAndre Houston-Carson.

The others were running back Joshua Rounds, receivers Titus Davis and Alton Howard, tackles Brandon Greene and Dieugot Joseph, guards Mitchell Kirsch, Will Poehls and Cyril Richardson, tight end MyCole Pruitt, fullback Freddie Stevenson, nose tackle Rashaad Coward, linebacker Isaiah Irving and cornerback Rashaad Reynolds.

Quarterback Connor Shaw was waived/injured.

Joining Meredith, Houston and Carey on injured reserve will be safety Chris Prosinski and guard Jordan Morgan.

Outside linebacker Pernell McPhee passed his physical and was moved from the physically unable to perform list to the active roster. McPhee had been on the PUP list since the start of training camp while recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside linebacker Pernell McPhee passed his physical and was moved from the physically unable to perform list to the active roster.

Nice

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about making a thread to track all roster moves, releases and signings during the season. I suppose let's just use this one.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez staying on means we're still sticking with the plan of keeping Trub as the 3rd string guy.

They really seem to like him as a mentor.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought with losing Meredith, Gentry had a good chance to make the team. I like what I've seen in the kid. Plays with a chip en sech

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought with losing Meredith, Gentry had a good chance to make the team. I like what I've seen in the kid. Plays with a chip en sech
I did too, I hope he makes it through waivers

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they needed to hide him a little better if he were to stick on waivers. Real head scratcher here, but wanting to keep 5 WR and 5 TE. Luckily Belicheck traded for a receiver so maybe we wont see him become that guy on NE.

Still waiting to see who else they try to pick up from waivers though.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they needed to hide him a little better if he were to stick on waivers. Real head scratcher here, but wanting to keep 5 WR and 5 TE. Luckily Belicheck traded for a receiver so maybe we wont see him become that guy on NE.

I think 4 TEs would have sufficed, but who am I

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams are just carrying 2 QB's. I get the "guidance" Dirty gave to Prescott last season, but Mitch is not really in that role is he? There were some tough calls. I think they brought in the big name kicker to compete with Barth to show fans he deserves the spot. If we are lucky Irving and Gentry will get thru waivers. I sure hope Long is ready to go cuz they are a little short on OL too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading up on the issue, most consider it a foregone conclusion that Gentry clears waivers.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears on Sunday claimed receiver Tre McBride, running back Taquan Mizzell and long-snapper Andrew DePaola off waivers, and waived running back Jeremy Langford, tight end Ben Braunecker and long-snapper Jeff Overbaugh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears on Sunday claimed receiver Tre McBride, running back Taquan Mizzell and long-snapper Andrew DePaola off waivers, and waived running back Jeremy Langford, tight end Ben Braunecker and long-snapper Jeff Overbaugh.

Dropped a RB for a RB, and a LS for a LS... I suppose I'll just trust the front office on this one, as I know nothing about either long-snapper and it was pretty evident that Langford was on his way out of here.

I have heard of Tre McBride... don't know much about him though. Never heard of Mizzell, but I'm betting he can play SPT's and will assume Carey's role.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to say.....2 catches for 8 yards in 2015, nothing in '16, from Willam and Mary.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to say.....2 catches for 8 yards in 2015, nothing in '16, from Willam and Mary.

He did, however, run a 4.29 40 yard dash at his pro-day. Obviously, they like the upside there. That's Johnny Knox speed.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still room for one more, maybe Howard is waiting for a call from a different team.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Tanner made it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to see we got to keep him.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2