• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tourney Thread

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, looking for a small piece of advice in a fantasy scoring pool I'm doing for the tourney.

I'm taking two players from AZ and one player from Wisconsin. The issue is, I can only choose one of Kaminsky or Stanimal. With the points being based solely off points each player scores, what trio would you roll with:

Kaminsky, Brandon Ashley, and TJM OR Stanimal, Ashley, and Dekker?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, looking for a small piece of advice in a fantasy scoring pool I'm doing for the tourney.

I'm taking two players from AZ and one player from Wisconsin. The issue is, I can only choose one of Kaminsky or Stanimal. With the points being based solely off points each player scores, what trio would you roll with:

Kaminsky, Brandon Ashley, and TJM OR Stanimal, Ashley, and Dekker?

PGU pick em?

I'd go with Kaminsky. Just the fact that he got to the FF last year and this is SJ's first dance, leads me to believe that Kaminsky will be more comfortable taking and making shots.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PGU pick em?

I'd go with Kaminsky. Just the fact that he got to the FF last year and this is SJ's first dance, leads me to believe that Kaminsky will be more comfortable taking and making shots.

Appreciated, that's how I was leaning

But not PGU (fuck Ace) just a pool run with a network of friends over a few cities in the midwest, grown from about 40 players to 400 the last 7-8 years. There's a list of 10 players each team can only choose 3 players off of (including Kaminsky and Stanley), and can only take 2 players off any given team. From there, whosever team scores the most. Much more fun than just your standard brackets imo

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciated, that's how I was leaning

But not PGU (fuck Ace) just a pool run with a network of friends over a few cities in the midwest, grown from about 40 players to 400 the last 7-8 years. There's a list of 10 players each team can only choose 3 players off of (including Kaminsky and Stanley), and can only take 2 players off any given team. From there, whosever team scores the most. Much more fun than just your standard brackets imo

Right on. Yeah I'm all but off PGU now too. I don't really have the time, but yeah, Ace really turned me off to it. Sucks because I love the site.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with the Kaminsky trio too.

Can't wait until Thursday!! I'm okay with the morning game because it fits nicely with my lunch window at work. A mid-afternoon game would create bigger issues.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering flying out to LA with my 8 year old son for the West Regional Final.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game guys, everyone's clicking!

We had a little slip this game on defense, but me having confidence in Miller's defenses is a bit of an understatement.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to find a single criticism in this one. Would have been nice to see Miller bench the starters earlier than he did. Hope to see Ohio State receive the same caliber arse beating.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually matchup well with them overall. I like this matchup more than I did against VCU, but it still won't be easy. If we get by them then our Sweet 16 game is shaping up to be against Georgia St or Xaiver.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Bruins!

<glances around>

Oops.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, gotta love the UCLA win. I'm all about the PAC teams representing. Maybe people should have been complaining more about Texas? Or Baylor getting a 3 seed?

This next game is where we see how serious the Cats are. They should win handily over Ohio State. They are a clearly inferior team and Cats need to not play down to them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's reunion/revenge tour of the West region begins tomorrow. Ohio St up next. Xavier and Wisconsin looming as probable matchups.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took out the garbage. "The" Ohio State just got embarrassed. We only had two guys playing well and still thrashed them. Glad we got that game out of the way. Wouldn't work playing that way against Kentucky.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope everyone doesn't spend all week talking about Miller and Xavier. With just having beaten Matta, I don't see how they avoid jumping all over it. It's a good storyline, but I would rather focus on what Miller has done at AZ. Back to back to back S16s (with 4 of the last 5) is a pretty good stretch. Miller has been gone for 6 years now. None of his players are still there, and I just hope it doesn't consume the press conferences, analyses, etc.

Maybe I'm being overly critical. Whatever, enough about that.

It was great seeing the upperclassmen take control. Teams are going to throw that zone at us from here on out. They are going to make us beat it. That's good (I think) because we are beating it (so far), and it really helps us get boards when they can't box out.

What does everyone think about Thursday? Are they a zone team though, or will they just be playing it against us? I haven't seen them. They look like a poor man's version of us on offense, by looking at the stats.

I guess I could sharpshoot some things from the OSU game, but everyone still contributed. Really, only BA left a little to be desired. Maybe it just wasn't his game.

I'm so happy with the way we shut Russell down. It really played out well for us. I think something to also consider is that a lot of these teams start to wear down as we get into the 35-40 game range. It's an edge to be fresher, especially when we apply more pressure in the 2nd half. You could see us wear OSU down. Miller has done well to keep everyone at about 1000 minutes on the season so far. You play against teams and their best players are all up at close to 1150 minutes, that's an extra 3 games worth of minutes that they are fighting through. It's especially the case at the end of the season when emotions are jacked. Add to that the fact that these guys have all just played about 5 games in the last 10 days.

Xavier is as fresh as we are though, so that's a wash for this matchup. But I think it helped a bit against OSU, and I think it plays in more if we beat X.

Welcome to another Second Weekend in March. Bear Down.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon played Wisky tough the whole game. Badgers move on.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Xavier has been an almost exclusively man defense all year long. They surprised a lot of people when they busted out the zone defense vs Ole Miss but it worked well for them.

Considering they were willing to use it vs Ole Miss... I suspect they'll be willing to use it against Zona. It might depend on how much York's performance scares them :-) York's overall 3-pt % on the year is really deceiving considering how poor he started the season and how well he's shooting now.

OSU pulled out a Zone defense despite hardly every using it in the regular season and it kept things slow for awhile.