• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest Schedules of 2018

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so @michigan, @wisky, @OSU, Mich St, @Iowa isn't more difficullt

My original quote was for only those currently ranked in the top 25 coaches poll.

I'm sure I'll miss someone, but here is what I think are the toughest schedules for teams that appear in the top 25 coaches poll.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not mean to give you that rating...sorry

okay fine..i should have read ye whole post

No problem...I wouldn’t want to touch Nebraska’s schedule this year. It’s brutal. Fortunately for you, I think they got a GREAT coach.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does need to work on his catching ability to take it even another level. Remember I said he's a top RB. I consider that elite looking at the landscape of college football, if you disagree, that's fine.

JT Barrett is an elite dual threat QB. But I don't think he's an elite thrower which is why he won't make it in the NFL.
Needs to work on it? He needs to actually find one because it's entirely non-existent. How can you be a top 10 RB overall when you are completely 1-dimensional, and even that 1 dimension isn't elite?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to work on it? He needs to actually find one because it's entirely non-existent. How can you be a top 10 RB overall when you are completely 1-dimensional, and even that 1 dimension isn't elite?
Elliott caught 2 passes a game his last year at Ohio State so I guess he couldn’t be a top 10 RB because he was one dimensional, right?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott caught 2 passes a game his last year at Ohio State so I guess he couldn’t be a top 10 RB because he was one dimensional, right?
Well 27 catches for 206 yards is exponentially better than 0 for 0 yards.

Don't gotta catch a ton of passes when you have 1800+ yards and 23 TDs on the ground averaging 6.3 YPC.

That was on 11 fewer carries than Dillon had. :wink:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also not a huge part of the offense. Jonathan Taylor only had 8 receptions last year.

And as I've said, I believe he's a top 10 RB, and your opinion is in the minority, which is fine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also not a huge part of the offense. Jonathan Taylor only had 8 receptions last year.

And as I've said, I believe he's a top 10 RB, and your opinion is in the minority, which is fine.
You never answered me before -

JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Bryce Love
Cam Akers
D'Andre Swift
Justice Hill
Damien Harris
Rodney Anderson
Myles Gaskin
Karan Higdon
Miles Sanders

Which of these RBs would not be able to put up 5.4 YPC and catch 0 passes on BC last year and why? This list at the very least could all do it, and there are many more who could as well.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never answered me before -

JK Dobbins
Jonathan Taylor
Bryce Love
Cam Akers
D'Andre Swift
Justice Hill
Damien Harris
Rodney Anderson
Myles Gaskin
Karan Higdon
Miles Sanders

Which of these RBs would not be able to put up 5.4 YPC and catch 0 passes on BC last year and why? This list at the very least could all do it, and there are many more who could as well.

I don't know. Those are all very good RB's. Given the situation Dillon walked into, I'm sure most would be around the similar ypc average. And given the nature of the offense, I'm sure most wouldn't have alot of receptions. You're acting as though all those guys are good pass catching RB's as is in the 1st place.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Those are all very good RB's. Given the situation Dillon walked into, I'm sure most would be around the similar ypc average. And given the nature of the offense, I'm sure most wouldn't have alot of receptions. You're acting as though all those guys are good pass catching RB's as is in the 1st place.
The situation he walked into? You mean having a really good offensive line and 300 carries to work with? And he churns out mediocrity. 101st in the nation in YPC, good lord. Hell, add Mike Weber to that list, he could do that. 2 years ago he wasn't close to elite and he still got 6 YPC, and that OL had major issues.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation he walked into? You mean having a really good offensive line and 300 carries to work with? And he churns out mediocrity. 101st in the nation in YPC, good lord. Hell, add Mike Weber to that list, he could do that. 2 years ago he wasn't close to elite and he still got 6 YPC, and that OL had major issues.

They were starting 3 new guys on the O-line with one being a true FR because their starting C got injured week 1. Also couple that with them opening up with 3 top 30 defenses and another top 40 defense in the first 4 weeks, along with playing with a RS FR QB and there were a lot of new parts at the beginning of the year.

But for some reason you have an agenda. And to think this all stemmed because you thought I was being to high on BC, all the while you ranking them higher. I mean it's priceless. Lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were starting 3 new guys on the O-line with one being a true FR because their starting C got injured week 1. Also couple that with them opening up with 3 top 30 defenses and another top 40 defense in the first 4 weeks, along with playing with a RS FR QB and there were a lot of new parts at the beginning of the year.

But for some reason you have an agenda. And to think this all stemmed because you thought I was being to high on BC, all the while you ranking them higher. I mean it's priceless. Lol.
He definitely looked like an inferior back against those defenses, that's for sure. Thankfully he got 30+ carries a game against the cupcakes to pad his stats. He sure didn't help them much otherwise.

I have no agenda. As I've said, I respect BC a lot. My problem is lumping players who aren't statistically elite in with those who have proven they are just because they get more carries than almost any other player in the nation. Good lord, give those carries to Dobbins, Taylor, Love, Swift, Anderson, Harris, and they cruise by the 2,000 yard mark. Several others are probably sitting at around 1750-1800 yards.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely looked like an inferior back against those defenses, that's for sure. Thankfully he got 30+ carries a game against the cupcakes to pad his stats. He sure didn't help them much otherwise.

I have no agenda. As I've said, I respect BC a lot. My problem is lumping players who aren't statistically elite in with those who have proven they are just because they get more carries than almost any other player in the nation. Good lord, give those carries to Dobbins, Taylor, Love, Swift, Anderson, Harris, and they cruise by the 2,000 yard mark. Several others are probably sitting at around 1750-1800 yards.

I never lumped him just because he got alot of carries. I think he's a special talent given his size, speed(relative to size), power and athleticism. Once him and the O-line finally became a cohesive unit, he was top 10 good. It's why he's a consensus top 10 RB according to publications. It should be full steam ahead for him this year because they open up with an easier schedule and by the time the tougher opponents roll around in late October and November, everyone around him should be even better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never lumped him just because he got alot of carries. I think he's a special talent given his size, speed(relative to size), power and athleticism. Once him and the O-line finally became a cohesive unit, he was top 10 good. It's why he's a consensus top 10 RB according to publications. It should be full steam ahead for him this year because they open up with an easier schedule and by the time the tougher opponents roll around in late October and November, everyone around him should be even better.
Ok, now that is the type of response I've been waiting for from you. You're not snarky, you're just laying out actual analysis. He might actually end up being top 10, and while I don't think he will, you've made a much better case now than you ever have.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the AP wasn't too different than the coaches poll.