• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest Place to Play/Best Home Field Advantage

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the cost of the season tickets just go up?
Not much, the tickets are part of dynamic pricing but all SEC games and major non-conference games are a set price. Non-conference games from rinky dink schools are lower.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this field would be annoying, therefore tough.

a9d673fc866e1b682fad4b95017058ca.jpg

It used to be a tough place to play. These last couple of years not so much including losses to mighty Air Force and the vaunted New Mexico Lobos.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Alabama came to Norman in one of the best games I can remember.
So, I can't really rag on them about it.

What Bama does now is just smart football sense.
They are past having to prove anything to anybody.

Alabama played over their heads in that game.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SEC fan complaining about a neutral site is priceless.
How so? I have always said these are shit, regardless who plays in the games. The only reason they do this is for the sponsors and the money... but thats a stupid ass reason. Why the hell can't a cooperaration sponsor a home and home? Because they have to go to these stupid sites.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SEC fan complaining about a neutral site is priceless.
LSU isn't really the team to rag on about neutral site games. Playing Wisconsin @ Lambeau Field and @ the Superdome is about as close to home and home as you are ever going to find

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU isn't really the team to rag on about neutral site games. Playing Wisconsin @ Lambeau Field and @ the Superdome is about as close to home and home as you are ever going to find

And both teams got paid for both years instead of just 1 each.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? I have always said these are shit, regardless who plays in the games. The only reason they do this is for the sponsors and the money... but thats a stupid ass reason. Why the hell can't a cooperaration sponsor a home and home? Because they have to go to these stupid sites.

Probably because it's a 2 year commitment.

Also the events themselves kick in some of the money paid out as well I'm guessing.

Alabama plays Duke to start the season in either 2018 or 2019. It's a shitty game and we have nothing else on the schedule for OOC after that either.

With the reduced strength of the SEC lately, we may end up playing a Pac12 type schedule that year which kind of sucks. If we don't go undefeated we'll be rightfully out of the playoff picture.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the events themselves kick in some of the money paid out as well I'm guessing.

Alabama plays Duke to start the season in either 2018 or 2019. It's a shitty game and we have nothing else on the schedule for OOC after that either.

With the reduced strength of the SEC lately, we may end up playing a Pac12 type schedule that year which kind of sucks. If we don't go undefeated we'll be rightfully out of the playoff picture.

No way a 12-1 or 11-1 Alabama team gets left out regardless of the strength of the SEC or OOC schedule.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LSU and Wisconsin played a few years spaced out so it is a two year comittment. The idea of event needing to be at one set location is stupid. You can host the event do all the same stupid crap and just superimpose your stupid logo on the field CBS style. I think there are other ways to get these matchups while getting the same and even better benefits for schools. We have bowl games after the season, sick of the week 1 bowl game bull shit. Nutt up and go play on another team's turf and also get that return trip. I don't know how boosters are ok with traveling to see these games. If I was a major donor I would be ticked.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They'd still be in.
A number of teams get the benefit of the logo on their chest, Bama is definately one of them. Not to say it isn't warranted whe you have the best head coach in the history of college football.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A number of teams get the benefit of the logo on their chest, Bama is definately one of them. Not to say it isn't warranted whe you have the best head coach in the history of college football.

No question about it.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman, OK used to be one of the toughest...

...now anyone can breeze in and steal one. :gaah:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Wisconsin played a few years spaced out so it is a two year comittment. The idea of event needing to be at one set location is stupid. You can host the event do all the same stupid crap and just superimpose your stupid logo on the field CBS style. I think there are other ways to get these matchups while getting the same and even better benefits for schools. We have bowl games after the season, sick of the week 1 bowl game bull shit. Nutt up and go play on another team's turf and also get that return trip. I don't know how boosters are ok with traveling to see these games. If I was a major donor I would be ticked.

Home and homes are less money, and that's just the way it is. I don't know why chik-fil-a can't sponsor a game at the schools themselves, but there must be a reason for it otherwise they would do it.

If I was a major donor it wouldn't bother me. If I got money to be a major donor then I have the money to travel to Dallas or Atlanta once a year. It would actually be cheaper than traveling to USC, but if I was a major donor - I got money for that as well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way a 12-1 or 11-1 Alabama team gets left out regardless of the strength of the SEC or OOC schedule.

I can think of multiple ways it doesn't happen.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I said the first year of the playoffs that if Texas and Oklahoma had been in the position where Baylor and TCU were in the Big 12, Texas or OU would have been in the playoff because of name on the chest. I'll go to my grave believing that. Baylor and TCU just haven't earned the same juice.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I said the first year of the playoffs that if Texas and Oklahoma had been in the position where Baylor and TCU were in the Big 12, Texas or OU would have been in the playoff because of name on the chest. I'll go to my grave believing that. Baylor and TCU just haven't earned the same juice.
Not sure if that is the case in that specific season. Both teams schedule's were awful, plus the conference bitched out by not naming the rightful team the conference champion and claiming a split.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if that is the case in that specific season. Both teams schedule's were awful, plus the conference bitched out by not naming the rightful team the conference champion and claiming a split.
It was an easy out for them to use such since it was TCU and Baylor. They wouldn't have used such had it been Texas or OU. And had it been Purdue in the position tOSU was, they wouldn't have gotten in either. Not the same juice. Again, just my opinion but I'll go to my grave believing it.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an easy out for them to use such since it was TCU and Baylor. They wouldn't have used such had it been Texas or OU. And had it been Purdue in the position tOSU was, they wouldn't have gotten in either. Not the same juice. Again, just my opinion but I'll go to my grave believing it.

Yeah, Ohio state didn't even play in their own conf title game this year and still got in the playoff.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since WWII
Oklahoma in Norman
84% Winning Percentage at Home
Winning Percentage 1946-2016

That's nothing to sneeze at.
Has to be the toughest place for an opponent.

Discuss
A lot goes into determining "toughest place to play". Just because a team wins at home doesn't necessarily make it tough. You have to factor in SOS, SOS of the teams specifically played at home, how that team does on the road vs. at home and so on.