• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torry Smith speaking out against new anthem rule

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article - espn

Smith was one of the first NFL players to respond on social media to the league's new rule, suggesting then that the league didn't address the real issue or the initial intent of Kaepernick's protest.

previous message on Twitter:

“Appropriate respect for flag and anthem” implies that guys were being disrespectful towards it. Which is an opinion. Most people who believe that ignore the responses from the players and more importantly why men chose to protest. "

MAYBE... if they were protesting "police brutality".... choosing to do so during the national anthem... was the wrong venue and time and method to do so. It got attention. Now they are complaining about the attention they are getting, and the rules being made. They want to know why their message was lost. It was because of how they did it. What if people wanted to protest black history month, in the name of pet cruelty?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local talk radio guy made a good point today. He pointed out that these guys have cameras and microphones in front of them pretty much all the time and this isn't even initiated by them. Why couldn't they use that time to further their "cause"? Or call a presser specifically to state the beliefs?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, that is actually applicable to Eagles currently on the roster, OTAs are going on this week.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game

that was dick breaths explanation why he was sitting.. sounds like disrespect for the flag and the country it represents; no matter what Eric Reid, Torry Smith or any of these other assholes claim.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game

that was dick breaths explanation why he was sitting.. sounds like disrespect for the flag and the country it represents; no matter what Eric Reid, Torry Smith or any of these other assholes claim.

(best Jon Lovitz imitation)

eh... it was about police...yea... police brutality. YEA! and the queen. That's the ticket!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAP loved Castro ... one of the biggest human rights oppressors in recent history .... as an American with Cuban roots who's ancestors suffered at the hands of this Dictator ... I find it very difficult to ever side with such an ignorant human being. Much more receptive to listening to our own guys like Malcolm Jenkins or Chris Long as advocates, but Kap imo is a moron.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely is a moron. Anybody who would give up a millionaire life, has a cracked mind.

He must be related to Brian Colangelo.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAP loved Castro ... one of the biggest human rights oppressors in recent history .... as an American with Cuban roots who's ancestors suffered at the hands of this Dictator ... I find it very difficult to ever side with such an ignorant human being. Much more receptive to listening to our own guys like Malcolm Jenkins or Chris Long as advocates, but Kap imo is a moron.

but, he did it for the children. who... are oppressed by police brutality. And puppies.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying not to be too political but these guys are scum sucking bottom dwellers and that's being polite.
I am not going to get all wrapped up in this conversation so this is my one and only comment. God Bless America.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying not to be too political but these guys are scum sucking bottom dwellers and that's being polite.
I am not going to get all wrapped up in this conversation so this is my one and only comment. God Bless America.

Why only America? Why can’t god bless the world. There’s like 200 countries now... do you think god has the time to pick and choose what country is blessed? And why should we be proud Americans? You can be thankful but why should we be proud of something we didn’t accomplish. I kid I kid. Have insomnia and watching old George Carlin stand ups.
They aren’t scum at all. Maybe you disagree with their strategy and timing but it wasn’t meant to disrespect anyone. It was to change the problem we have with some police. Nothing wrong with that and it’s what makes America great. Chris Long has donated MILLIONS of dollars to great charities. Is that scum behavior? Why can’t you just say the truth... “I think their timing was bad but I understand they are trying to make this a better country”... why be mad?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I disagree with the protests, it is their right to do so, and I think that there is a lot of racial profiling, and it angers me.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would people have decided to not to to the White House if Obama was still president?? If they would have gone then, who is actually the one promoting racial divide??

I am proud that the eagles didn't kneel all season, and they stayed out of the fray. Using the national anthem is the wrong time to draw attention to another cause. It doesn't bring good attention, it only turns 1 problem into 2, and divides people. I really don't care if they went to the White House or not. It would have been the gracious thing to do, no matter if you like the president or not. But it's their right to not go. The fact they were going to do community outreach instead, is impressive to me. But I'm wondering why this is coming out so late??

We need to get back to football. Politics always divides.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would people have decided to not to to the White House if Obama was still president?? If they would have gone then, who is actually the one promoting racial divide??batshit

Fairly sure Obama never called them sons of bitches, but I'll let you have your batshit hypothetical and keep it moving.