• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Free agents

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be a top 3 team. They are already among the top 8.

The stats say they are, but that's a by-product of a fairly weak schedule I think.

I'm not saying they won't be better with Cousins, but Bortles was a 3700 yd passer. It's not like he's taking over for a 2800 yd passer. I don't see the Jags OFC roster being much better than what Cousins was working with in WAS.

In short I see Cousins as a solid QB you can build around, but he needs talent....the Jags are following the SEA model and have loaded on DEF, but are lacking a little on OFC. Cousins in JAX definitely makes sense, but I'm not thinking they jump up as much as you're thinking.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Bortles over drafting Watson, Mahomes, or signing Kaepernick is insane. Even with a tremendous situation across the board outside of maybe OL, sub 4k yards and middling passing efficiency; he has been exposed most times he hasn't had the game situation spoonfed

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Bortles over drafting Watson, Mahomes, or signing Kaepernick is insane. Even with a tremendous situation across the board outside of maybe OL, sub 4k yards and middling passing efficiency; he has been exposed most times he hasn't had the game situation spoonfed

He's gonna be sensational....Id be a tad bit worried about Andy Reid being the guy leading his career though

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats say they are, but that's a by-product of a fairly weak schedule I think.

I'm not saying they won't be better with Cousins, but Bortles was a 3700 yd passer. It's not like he's taking over for a 2800 yd passer. I don't see the Jags OFC roster being much better than what Cousins was working with in WAS.

In short I see Cousins as a solid QB you can build around, but he needs talent....the Jags are following the SEA model and have loaded on DEF, but are lacking a little on OFC. Cousins in JAX definitely makes sense, but I'm not thinking they jump up as much as you're thinking.

Barely completed 60%.....that's 24th in the League. And just 230ypg, 18th.

Cousins 64.3%, 9th. And 256ypg, 10th.

That's huuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be sensational....Id be a tad bit worried about Andy Reid being the guy leading his career though
Nah, I think he's perfect for him. A guy who religiously lives via his scheme vs a guy who lives off-schedule. They need each other, imo. Alex plays into all of Reid's bad tendencies. Could be wrong, but it looks like there's progress from preseason. Lot to be optimistic about if they can get the defense off the ground. As much as I nitpick Alex, the defense was much more to blame than Alex.

Reid fails with Mahomes and he's out.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance thats happening, unless he pulls off what we all know he wont
hes already signed

MAY 1 2017
Jacksonville (JAC) exercised a $19.053 million 5th-year option for 2018

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely completed 60%.....that's 24th in the League. And just 230ypg, 18th.

Cousins 64.3%, 9th. And 256ypg, 10th.

That's huuuuuuuuuuuuge.

From what I've seen thus far, I can't be sold on Cousins being a big difference maker in JAX...not based on stats anyway.

But...he can show me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think he's perfect for him. A guy who religiously lives via his scheme vs a guy who lives off-schedule. They need each other, imo. Alex plays into all of Reid's bad tendencies. Could be wrong, but it looks like there's progress from preseason. Lot to be optimistic about if they can get the defense off the ground. As much as I nitpick Alex, the defense was much more to blame than Alex.

Reid fails with Mahomes and he's out.

yeah, I didnt blame Smith last week....Once kelce went down, there should have been more reliance on Hunt, when in actuality, there was less....Reid appeared completely unprepared once Kelce went down

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen thus far, I can't be sold on Cousins being a big difference maker in JAX...not based on stats anyway.

But...he can show me.
jck has a great oline (5th in pass protection) skins dont (24th) since they were the walking wounded all year Stats never tell the whole story:suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I didnt blame Smith last week....Once kelce went down, there should have been more reliance on Hunt, when in actuality, there was less....Reid appeared completely unprepared once Kelce went down
Well, as I have pointed out in other threads, there were guys who were open in critical moments of the game, Smith missed them; or he had drops. It was one or the other.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they let Keenum go?

Not really dis-agreeing, just think thats a big big risk
Or sign both. If Keenum wins the SuperBowl, at home, they'd have to pay the man to stay.

I think Teddy is more physically talented. And I'd imagine is more of a fan favorite. Coaching Staff and Rick Spielman already selected him once, I just see them doing it again.

Not sure who will be coveted more on the open market. Teddy has been out so long only Minny really knows where he's at recovery wise.