• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 50 Players of all time altered by ESPN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller shouldn't be on there. He's not better than Clyde who they took off and he's not better than Worthy either.

Pretty much agree with the altered list. But to have Wade over James Worthy? Fuck right off!!!

Also think a player shouldn't be eligible for the list until they retire.

Wade is better that Worthy. Wade is arguably the 3rd best SG of all time (Jordan, Kobe) and more importantly for the discussion, he led a team to a championship as the lead dog (06), something Worthy never did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller shouldn't be on there. He's not better than Clyde who they took off and he's not better than Worthy either.

Wade is better that Worthy. Wade is arguably the 3rd best SG of all time (Jordan, Kobe) and more importantly for the discussion, he led a team to a championship as the lead dog (06), something Worthy never did.

Easily better than Worthy, IMO.

The way Worthy gets back on is by bumping Arizin or Miller. I think he is clearly better than them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Walton, guy was a good player but yeah I agree he's just a tad bit over rated.

I can't stand Bill Walton, he's a Bruin, a Celtic and his commentary during NBA games makes me want to listen to Beth Mowins, so....

Having said that, the dude isn't overrated. If anything, he's underrated because his feet fell off and essentially stole his prime years from him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original list put young guys on there too like Shaq. In 1997 Shaq hadn't done a whole lot yet. But even then you knew what he'd be. I think Curry is worthy for the same reason, and Durant.
....concede.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 set in stone, any other list is GARBAGE and not worth looking at. If they can't get a top 10 right, they shouldn't do a top 50

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Duncan
7. Shaq
8. Wilt
9. Mikan
10. Hakeem

Honorable Mentions borderline top 10 (Top 11-13) Kobe, Hondo, lebron (for now but he should be top 10 before his career ends)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 set in stone, any other list is GARBAGE and not worth looking at. If they can't get a top 10 right, they shouldn't do a top 50

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Duncan
7. Shaq
8. Wilt
9. Mikan
10. Hakeem

Honorable Mentions borderline top 10 (Top 11-13) Kobe, Hondo, lebron (for now but he should be top 10 before his career ends)

18d.jpg_large

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 set in stone, any DorianRo post is GARBAGE and not worth looking at. If he can't understand how an unranked 50 best list is totally different than a ranked top 10 list, he should never go on the internet again.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. Duncan
7. Shaq
8. Wilt
9. Mikan
10. Hakeem

Honorable Mention: all 10 of these players are on the 50 best list

FIFY

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Pistol Pete has better numbers than at least four of the new guys added. He was the most skilled player of all time and way before his time as he changed the game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller > Allen outside of rings.

* Biased as fuck *

Way to soon for Steph, Durant...imo..I don't have Paul top 50, Nash........

No.

Fuck is Worthy, Pistol Pete?

Gtfoh

Ray was statistically superior to Miller in every single category including three pointers. Miller wasn't even as good as his sister as he would tell you himself. Dude shouldn't be mentioned in the top 50 maybe the top 100.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just saw an ESPN article which removes and adds players from the NBA's top 50 players of all time list. Here's the link:

The NBA’s 50 Greatest Players list: The remix

The only real issue I had was that they cut Clyde Drexler, but added Reggie Miller. I don't think there's any way Reggie was a better player than Clyde and don't feel that's deserved.

Nash is debatable imo, but he was really great at his peak and a 2 time MVP.

Ray Allen is probably closer on the bubble for me. His peak was amazing and he was not only just a great shooter but a great scorer too. His numbers from his Bucks and Sonics tenure were amazing.

Steph's career is a bit short right now, but based on trajectory and the way he's changed the game he'll probably end up there. He'll go down as the greatest shooter of all time at least 2 time MVP.

Paul Pierce is another on the fence for me. I don't think anything really about him screams top 50 of all time. I'd probably leave him off this list.

No Brainers for me:
Lebron
Kidd
Duncan
Garnett
Nowitzki
Kobe
Iverson
Wade
Durant

I remember when Ray Was traded to the Sonics and all the dumb Seattle sports announcers were butt hurt they lost Gary Payton and the high flying Desmond Mason. well GP washed out in like 2 more years and Mason got worse after leaving. They had no idea who Ray was because their basketball knowledge was limited. Ray ended up averaging 25 6 reb and 6 ast in his first season with the Sonics. This included games where he out dueled Kobe and the Lakers and other impressive victories. Of course he had a couple knee injuries and ankle problems after this that slowed him down but was still very effective and nearly beat the Spurs team in the playoffs on a bum ankle with no Rashard Lewis or Vladimir which was the #2 and #3 options. That was the championship Spurs BTW. Dude was vastly underrated for majority of his career with the Bucks and Sonics then when in a big market his athleticism was gone and people believed he was just a career three point shooter which couldn't be further from the truth. At one point it was him and Kobe as the best two SG's in the game.