• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 WR corps

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borderline Great??? I am not a huge fan of Decker and don't see him anywhere near that and Walker is 33. Matthews and Sharpe are "Meh". Rookies? No clue how they will do. They could be awesome or they may not see the field.

Anything could happen, but I don't see anyway this is a top 5 group in 2017. Bottom would be more likely than top 5 to me.
I do think it's overly ambitious unless Corey Davis is an instant stud (which I think is very possible) to have the Titans anywhere near top 5. And then after that we're going to have to assume Decker is well, still good after injury which is moreso up in the air than people want to admit, imo. There's some middle class guys there more than breadwinners. That's ok, it's clearly not bottom of the league, but I am not high on it outside of Davis.

I feel pretty similar about the Chiefs WR's (although worse and somehow more unproven) in a lot of ways, but what there is no doubt of is the Titans receiving options have made a big step up on paper.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone can do a top 5 WR corps and not include the Giants is clueless about football.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't like Shep and doesn't like Marshall in his old age. That's all I got.
Yep, a rookie that scored 8 TD and a vet that has over 1,000 yds in 8 of the last 10 years is something you can easily find on the waiver wire.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im a Decker fan, he is a TD machine, and was pretty great when healthy with some shitty QB's in NY

But 'Great' is probably strong, I hear ya

As far as the Rookie, he was picked 5th overall, so if he "doesnt see the field", someone fucked up big time

I like Rashard Matthews, always thought he was a bit underrated in Miami
I agree on Cory Davis. I like him a lot, but I need to see him play in an NFL game before I'm going to use him as a reason to say a team has good receivers this year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more than 3 wideouts on a team. Most teams have 5 or 6 that get extensive playing time and I also was including TEs. The Giants have a great 1, a young but talented 2 and an aging but still solid 3. After that I'm not sure what they've got and their TE is completely unproven but should be good. There are teams in this league who go 4 or 5 deep at wideout without losing much and who have proven talent at TE. That's how you do a top 5 without the Giants . They make ky top 10 though with a lot of room to move up based on potential

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really intrigued by Tampa.

There #1 is currently the most underrated superstar in the NFL.
Desean is the best when it comes to opening up space.
If the rookie TE is a star they have EVERYTHING you want from a receiving crew. A star #1 who can do everything. A speed guy to pull back the safeties and the TE who can catch all the medium throws.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really intrigued by Tampa.

There #1 is currently the most underrated superstar in the NFL.
Desean is the best when it comes to opening up space.
If the rookie TE is a star they have EVERYTHING you want from a receiving crew. A star #1 who can do everything. A speed guy to pull back the safeties and the TE who can catch all the medium throws.
Tampa is interesting because Howard is fast enough that you can line him up at WR if you want and the Bucs already have a very good TE in Cameron Brate. They have a chance to run a system very similar to what NE used to run with Gronk and Hernandez except Tampa will also have a legit superstar at wideout and one of the best number 2 guys in the league .