• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Defenses

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i don't think that makes a difference they are professionals they should be able to get it together pretty quickly like the ravens have done. I will say it's different on the other side (offenses) because there is more timing involved on that side of the ball and that take a lot more time to get in sync.

I think the eagles over the past couple of years would disagree with you. They had arguably one of the more talented rosters in the nfl yet failed big time. It takes time for players and coaches to gel. The ravens though are looking good on defense

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the eagles over the past couple of years would disagree with you. They had arguably one of the more talented rosters in the nfl yet failed big time. It takes time for players and coaches to gel. The ravens though are looking good on defense

I'd argue that the Eagles problems were lack of talent and not that they haven't had enough time to gel.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys talk more about the Seahawks? Thanks

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were talking about Jimmy Smith, and it's not like the backup never played last year with the starters, but yea i agree it take a little bit to come together.

How's 15 total points allowed in two game for coming together? The only game they didn't look good in was against Denver and that was a combination of many things, besides chemistry.

yea mainly ray lewis was out golfing.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats' the Pats excuse for looking like shit, their golden boy is still around.

offense will be fine once gronk and amendola come back. pats will be the only team in the league with a top 5 offense and defense.

ray lewis aint gunna be on the sideline to babysit you the whole season!

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense will be fine once gronk and amendola come back. pats will be the only team in the league with a top 5 offense and defense.

ray lewis aint gunna be on the sideline to babysit you the whole season!

:omg: put the crack pipe down....

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Seattle - (Consensus).
2) Kansas City - (They are #1 in my fantasy league).
3) Carolina - (12pts total given up between Seattle and Giants combined).
4) Jets - (Allowing few points, with tons of sacks).
5) Bengals - (Chicago, Pitt, and Green Bay is not the easiest of games and they have still done well).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that the Eagles problems were lack of talent and not that they haven't had enough time to gel.

See and I would argue it was coaching. I look at DRC now on the Broncos and the guy is playing lights out again. They had him in some weird zone coverage while with the Eagles and that just does not use his skills. There are some players that it really depends what kind of coaching you give them and what kind of scheme to have them be successful. With the Eagles they definitely did not know how to use that talent. I would say the same thing with how Andy Reid tried to use Michael Vick and turn him into an almost strictly pocket passer when their OL had some injuries and he was taking hit after hit. A guy with Vick's speed and running ability needs to be rolled out of the pocket on a more regular basis to try and let him make some plays. I understand not having him take off running every play but let him use his legs to set up some passes.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See and I would argue it was coaching. I look at DRC now on the Broncos and the guy is playing lights out again. They had him in some weird zone coverage while with the Eagles and that just does not use his skills. There are some players that it really depends what kind of coaching you give them and what kind of scheme to have them be successful. With the Eagles they definitely did not know how to use that talent. I would say the same thing with how Andy Reid tried to use Michael Vick and turn him into an almost strictly pocket passer when their OL had some injuries and he was taking hit after hit. A guy with Vick's speed and running ability needs to be rolled out of the pocket on a more regular basis to try and let him make some plays. I understand not having him take off running every play but let him use his legs to set up some passes.

Reid is a great coach, but he does make mistakes, i don't know the details at which player excels in zone coverage or man-to-man, but every player has to know how to play both Zone and Man-to-Man coverage. No team just sits back and plays one type of coverage all game, adjustment are made at half time etc. I have no problems with you blaming Reid because i think he lost that locker room, and there are many reason why the eagles stunk last year, beside the one we've already covered.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is a great coach, but he does make mistakes, i don't know the details at which player excels in zone coverage or man-to-man, but every player has to know how to play both Zone and Man-to-Man coverage. No team just sits back and plays one type of coverage all game, adjustment are made at half time etc. I have no problems with you blaming Reid because i think he lost that locker room, and there are many reason why the eagles stunk last year, beside the one we've already covered.

I understand no team plays one type of scheme for a full game but the majority of the time the Eagles wanted to play a zone coverage in the backfield. Again when you have Aso and DRC both coming from press man coverage schemes where they both shined then stick them in an Off-Zone coverage it gives up what they bring to the table. I understand they should be able to play both but every player has things that they like better than others. Some running backs would rather run it outside than inside. Yes they have to know how to do both but obviously they can be better at one compared to the other. Some receivers do better running the deep route instead of the underneath routes. Yes they have to do both to keep a defense honest but again there is one that they can excel at compared to the other. Some OL players are better run blockers than pass blockers or some are better at a power blocking scheme compared to a zone blocking scheme. Some quarterbacks like the deep ball more than the short to intermediate passes. Others reversed. Again every player leans towards a certain style that fits their skills best. They have to know how to do it all but as a coach you need to have your scheme fit what best fits your talent. For the Eagles they did not do this especially with the DB's in the scheme.

This part of it I don't so much blame Reid for as he is an offensive minded guy but more in his choice as a Defensive Coordinator. Should have gotten somebody that had a more aggressive approach to fit the talent they got.