• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Defenses

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
little bit of both. i think san fran still top but they are in a little funk right now i dunno could be wrong.

you couldn't be more wrong about the niners. their defense shouldnt be mentioned in the top ten or even top 15. to you use a boxing analogy, they went from a take it to you brawler, to a back pedaling counter puncher... watching them attempt to tackle is like watching someone try to grip a wet bar of soap. its pretty pathetic. I would rank the top units as:

1 Seattle
2 Kansas City
3 New England
4 New Orleans
5 Carolina
6 Cincy
7 Chicago
8 Dallas
9 Denver
10 Miami

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's D is straight up trash, look at the points they have given up to those opponents. Jax has a better D than them

I feel like you haven't actually watched a Bronco game. If you are only looking at the points per game then you obviously have not watched. When the games are blown out is when teams have done their most damage. Throw in the top 2 players on defense have yet to see the field this season in Champ and Von and even beyond that this past game the Broncos were using their 4th and 5th Corners on the depth chart in the 2nd half where Oakland got the majority of their yards. The Broncos have been good on 3rd down and turnovers two very key stats for defenses. If the offense wasn't blowing teams out early and often the defense wouldn't go to a deep zone for most of the 2nd half of games. Throw in the Broncos are the #1 run defense in football in both yards per game and yards per carry and they seem to be right on track with being at worst a middle of the pack defense and possibly with Champ and Von back a top 10 defense.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should not be considered in the top 10. Without looking at any numbers, it seems as though NO and NYJ should be considered as top units. Cinci's D has looked pretty solid too. Chicago has done well.

1. Seattle
2. Carolina
3. New England
4. Kansas City
5. Chicago
6. Cinci
7. NYJ
8. NO

I still think NYJ and NO will fall off at any point though

Why? The Saints defense probably will, but I do not see any reason to believe that the Jets defense isn't for real. Since Rex Ryan has been our HC we have had a top 10 defense every season. And this is te best DL we have had in that entire time. We got younger/faster at LB as well and Rex Ryan is back to calling the plays, last time he was the playcaller we had the #1 defense in football.

Our defense has dominated the run game and has the lowest completion percentage against us of all teams, which isn't really a fluke considering our defense is always among the the best when it comes to completion percentage against.

Sheldon Richardon, Damon Harrison, and Muhammad Wilkerson are quickly forming the best young 3-4 DL in the league.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like you haven't actually watched a Bronco game. If you are only looking at the points per game then you obviously have not watched. When the games are blown out is when teams have done their most damage. Throw in the top 2 players on defense have yet to see the field this season in Champ and Von and even beyond that this past game the Broncos were using their 4th and 5th Corners on the depth chart in the 2nd half where Oakland got the majority of their yards. The Broncos have been good on 3rd down and turnovers two very key stats for defenses. If the offense wasn't blowing teams out early and often the defense wouldn't go to a deep zone for most of the 2nd half of games. Throw in the Broncos are the #1 run defense in football in both yards per game and yards per carry and they seem to be right on track with being at worst a middle of the pack defense and possibly with Champ and Von back a top 10 defense.

yea, its pretty evident he hasnt watched a game. Woodyard is a very impressive LB who can fly sideline to sideline. The youngster webster was pretty impressive himself, especially when he ran down D. Moore and almost save the touchdown. Cromartie seems to be finding his old form and when you add miller and champ back into the fold, I dont see how you can call them garbage.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every Broncos game actually, as they all have been televised in the Seattle area. The Broncos do have good numbers defensively but take into consideration their opponents. I will agree that saying they are "straight trash" was too harsh but they are average at best at defense from what I have seen. I want to see what they're capable of against a good offense

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina's secondary did good against the Giants, of course 7 sacks helped, but they didn't play bad.

They dont give up big plays. They're not great but they keep the play in front of them and trust the front 7.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every Broncos game actually, as they all have been televised in the Seattle area. The Broncos do have good numbers defensively but take into consideration their opponents. I will agree that saying they are "straight trash" was too harsh but they are average at best at defense from what I have seen. I want to see what they're capable of against a good offense

Fair enough...I just think them being 2nd in the NFL last year should show that this unit has some talent and deserves the benefit of the doubt especially considering all the injuries they have had on that side of the ball yet still consider to do well. They can't help who they have played but they have played those offenses pretty well. A few mistakes here and there but honestly I think a lot of that gets cleaned up when Von and Champ come back as it has been the young guys that wouldn't be playing otherwise making the mistakes so far from what I can tell. Just good to get them some experience at this time in case they are needed later in the season.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...I just think them being 2nd in the NFL last year should show that this unit has some talent and deserves the benefit of the doubt especially considering all the injuries they have had on that side of the ball yet still consider to do well. They can't help who they have played but they have played those offenses pretty well. A few mistakes here and there but honestly I think a lot of that gets cleaned up when Von and Champ come back as it has been the young guys that wouldn't be playing otherwise making the mistakes so far from what I can tell. Just good to get them some experience at this time in case they are needed later in the season.

i recall saying something similar to this about the ravens and you tell me that last year was irrelevant. Make up your mind son.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i recall saying something similar to this about the ravens and you tell me that last year was irrelevant. Make up your mind son.

Difference is the Broncos have pretty much the same roster as they did last year compared to the Ravens who have maybe a few guys back from the year before. Nobody knew what kind of unit they would have this year. Now given they didn't have the best unit last year so obviously they have an opportunity to do better than last year's unit but time will tell. I will say I have been impressed with them over the last couple of games. The offense has been inconsistent at best and the Ravens are looking like the Ravens of old of depending upon the defense to win games for them.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is the Broncos have pretty much the same roster as they did last year compared to the Ravens who have maybe a few guys back from the year before. Nobody knew what kind of unit they would have this year. Now given they didn't have the best unit last year so obviously they have an opportunity to do better than last year's unit but time will tell. I will say I have been impressed with them over the last couple of games. The offense has been inconsistent at best and the Ravens are looking like the Ravens of old of depending upon the defense to win games for them.

most of the Ravens from last year cam back this year, it was just a few big names left.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the Ravens from last year cam back this year, it was just a few big names left.

There are 6 new starters from what I have seen compared to the year before on this defense. That is over half the starting unit. I wouldn't say that is just a few big names plus those big names were major leaders upon this unit that had been there for years so a lot of that takes time to get those guys to all work together.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 6 new starters from what I have seen compared to the year before on this defense. That is over half the starting unit. I wouldn't say that is just a few big names plus those big names were major leaders upon this unit that had been there for years so a lot of that takes time to get those guys to all work together.

who are these 6 new starters?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are these 6 new starters?

Canty, Dumervil, Huff, Webb, Elam, Smith, and Bynes/Jones...Now I understand Webb was here before so that is why I included some extra names.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canty, Dumervil, Huff, Webb, Elam, Smith, and Bynes/Jones...Now I understand Webb was here before so that is why I included some extra names.

Smith, Webb and Bynes and Jones were all ravens last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith, Webb and Bynes and Jones were all ravens last year.

Didn't know Darryl smith was played for the ravens last year? The others other than Webb were back ups. Takes a while to be able to play with the starters

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know Darryl smith was played for the ravens last year? The others other than Webb were back ups. Takes a while to be able to play with the starters

I thought you were talking about Jimmy Smith, and it's not like the backup never played last year with the starters, but yea i agree it take a little bit to come together.

How's 15 total points allowed in two game for coming together? The only game they didn't look good in was against Denver and that was a combination of many things, besides chemistry.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were talking about Jimmy Smith, and it's not like the backup never played last year with the starters, but yea i agree it take a little bit to come together.

How's 15 total points allowed in two game for coming together? The only game they didn't look good in was against Denver and that was a combination of many things, besides chemistry.

I said earlier they are looking better. I just said the broncos defense you could trust a little more to have success this year because they have close to the same team they had last year when they finished top 5.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said earlier they are looking better. I just said the broncos defense you could trust a little more to have success this year because they have close to the same team they had last year when they finished top 5.

and i don't think that makes a difference they are professionals they should be able to get it together pretty quickly like the ravens have done. I will say it's different on the other side (offenses) because there is more timing involved on that side of the ball and that take a lot more time to get in sync.