• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 20 Players UNDER the age of 24

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy and TLance, take the time to look at rookie shooting stats. In fact look at some of the worst rookie season shooting stats of current players who still cant get it right (Altho Marcus is improving). Tell me which one has the worst shooting % beyond 10 feet

Ben Simmons
Rajon Rondo
Marcus Smart
hey i realize Simmons has a bad shot - and in todays NBA that is very limiting---- but the rest of his game is just so freaking good. His size and athleticism is insane. His potential on defense is insane. His feel for the game is just unbelievable.

Its going to take him some time to get a jump shot---- but Simmons has the qualities to one day be a top 5 player in the league.

Tatum is really really really good- and is like an ideal wing type in todays NBA---- i think a great and fair comp is a Paul George with balls--- but he lacks the top end talent that Simmons has-- and thats not an insult--- thats just because Simmons is one of the most talented guys to come into the NBA in years.

If i had to pick Simmons or Tatum for the first 7 years of their career (typically when a guy hits FA) id take Simmons.

I have TAtum ranked extremely high on that list--- as i think he is a franchise type player---- but hes not Simmons or Porzingis or Embiid or Giannis talent wise and franchise cornerstone wise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma easily out-votes Smith Jr, Fox, Fultz, Ball and was in shouting distance of being unanimous 1st team (as was 4/5s of the 1st team; Mitchel and Simmons were, Tatum missed by 1 vote, Kuzma missed by 7 of 100).

He needs to be on this list.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i realize Simmons has a bad shot - and in todays NBA that is very limiting---- but the rest of his game is just so freaking good. His size and athleticism is insane. His potential on defense is insane. His feel for the game is just unbelievable.

Its going to take him some time to get a jump shot---- but Simmons has the qualities to one day be a top 5 player in the league.

Tatum is really really really good- and is like an ideal wing type in todays NBA---- i think a great and fair comp is a Paul George with balls--- but he lacks the top end talent that Simmons has-- and thats not an insult--- thats just because Simmons is one of the most talented guys to come into the NBA in years.

If i had to pick Simmons or Tatum for the first 7 years of their career (typically when a guy hits FA) id take Simmons.

I have TAtum ranked extremely high on that list--- as i think he is a franchise type player---- but hes not Simmons or Porzingis or Embiid or Giannis talent wise and franchise cornerstone wise.

Wiggy keeping it One hunniddd

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and is like an ideal wing type in todays NBA---- i think a great and fair comp is a Paul George with balls--- but he lacks the top end talent that Simmons has-- and thats not an insult--- thats just because Simmons is one of the most talented guys to come into the NBA in years

tatum can play 4 positions today easily. did you see him guard the King and Love last night...................yeah you did. The kid has no flaw to his game, none. He will be 6-10 like Durant. He may in fact have a better shot

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEjounte Murray is the best kept secret in the NBA at only age 21.
The weirdness of the Kawahi and Tony Parker injury things forced him into a disjointed offensive role in the 2nd half.

He excels at defense and just picks up offensive points whenever he can.
He reminds me of how Kawahi found his role early on defense before getting the offensive keys from Pop in year 4.

The Spurs will likely feature him as an offensive option next season or at worst the following season.
He will get strong consideration for Most Improved Player if Popovich decides to run the offense through him.

I was happy to see him make an all NBA defensive team. Maybe he wont be a secret for much longer??

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite sure it is Simmons.

I am also quite sure he had the fewest attempts of that group.

I have personally fixed enough busted jumpers over the years to know that it can be done with time, effort and attention to detail. Simmons has a lot of work to do, but the only excuse for him not eventually adding a respectable jump shot would be laziness.

And I don't think Simmons is lazy.

He needs to re-tool his form and then shoot about 2000 shots a day once he has his new form grooved.

Watching his shooting it seems to me his biggest issue with shooting is gathering himself properly to get into a good shooting position.

But yeah he needs to take a LOT of shots this offseason. As does Fultz.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Markkanen will be better than everybody below the 12 line on the OPs list.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tatum can play 4 positions today easily. did you see him guard the King and Love last night...................yeah you did. The kid has no flaw to his game, none. He will be 6-10 like Durant. He may in fact have a better shot

not so sure about the last part because KD's scoring can be pretty sick a good deal of the time, but wholeheartedly agree with the rest...

HELLUVA pickup...

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you are saying he is going to grow 2 inches?

That number was from two years ago. The local joke is he measures close to Horford. Being a teenager its natural for the growth. He will be 6 - 10 when all is said and done. His dad is a coach and mentored his shot mechanics. Its paying off. But his desire to step up for a kid that young is awesome.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That number was from two years ago. The local joke is he measures close to Horford. Being a teenager its natural for the growth. He will be 6 - 10 when all is said and done. His dad is a coach and mentored his shot mechanics. Its paying off. But his desire to step up for a kid that young is awesome.

I'm confused with this comment. What number was from 2 years ago? Him being 6'8"?

Here he is next to Lebron...

If anything he is a hair shorter than Lebron who is 6'8". Are you saying that he is going to grow 2 inches at age 20? That's a pretty bold statement.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al+Horford+Jayson+Tatum+2018+Mtn+Dew+Kickstart+WDnVUI_Mfjhl.jpg

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything he is a hair shorter than Lebron who is 6'8". Are you saying that he is going to grow 2 inches at age 20? That's a pretty bold statement.

gettyimages-962547842-e1527475824982.jpg