• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 QB...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name a QB picked in the top ten that won a SB? ...other than Peyton and Elway, who both needed a defense and run game to do it at the end of their careers?

I can't

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz would have been if he didn't tear his acl

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely. Wentz >>> Foles.

Doesn't change the fact that only one top ten QB in 17 years of drafts has won a SB. The ones before him (a very short list) needed a defense and/or a running game.

It's a losing formula. Wentz is good. He still didn't win it. Goff is good...we'll see. Winston and Mariota are nothing special. I'd take Tyrod over them easily. The list goes on and on.

Trading up would be a huge mistake.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Jim McMahon, Phil Simms, Joe Namath* (#1 AFL, #12 NFL),

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that only one top ten QB in 17 years of drafts has won a SB. The ones before him (a very short list) needed a defense and/or a running game.

It's a losing formula. Wentz is good. He still didn't win it. Goff is good...we'll see. Winston and Mariota are nothing special. I'd take Tyrod over them easily. The list goes on and on.

Trading up would be a huge mistake.

This is a loaded question, since fluke Brady has owned the league for 20 years. Saying Wentz didn't win it is misleading; when healthy he had the Eagles as easily the best team in the league. They managed to survive under Foles.

This entire offseason (and the season before it) have all been angled towards trading up for a QB. You're going to be very disappointed. The only way the Bills DON'T trade up is if they get outbid for the top 5 spots and/or the cost is beyond reason.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a loaded question, since fluke Brady has owned the league for 20 years. Saying Wentz didn't win it is misleading; when healthy he had the Eagles as easily the best team in the league. They managed to survive under Foles.

This entire offseason (and the season before it) have all been angled towards trading up for a QB. You're going to be very disappointed. The only way the Bills DON'T trade up is if they get outbid for the top 5 spots and/or the cost is beyond reason.

I know I will be disappointed.

And in three years, every other Bills fan will be too. The numbers are on my side.

The cost is already too much. I'd rather trade Shady than 12, 22 and then some. For two California QBs, a sober Manziel in Mayfield and Allen who is not ready. It is not worth it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I will be disappointed.

And in three years, every other Bills fan will be too. The numbers are on my side.

The cost is already too much. I'd rather trade Shady than 12, 22 and then some. For two California QBs, a sober Manziel in Mayfield and Allen who is not ready. It is not worth it.

NFL is all about the QB. Without a very good one, teams rarely succeed. That's how Case Keenum gets big money this offseason, people continue to pay Sam Bradford, etc. Anyone that shows a glimmer is going to get chased and paid.

You don't want to trade up. Are you satisfied with Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph? The rest will almost 100% be gone, and Lamar might be as well by pick #12 (#11 is now the target for teams to get past Buffalo, unless they themselves move up). Miami is currently at #11 and could go QB, or Arizona, Chargers, or even the Redskins could look to move up.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is all about the QB. Without a very good one, teams rarely succeed. That's how Case Keenum gets big money this offseason, people continue to pay Sam Bradford, etc. Anyone that shows a glimmer is going to get chased and paid.

You don't want to trade up. Are you satisfied with Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph? The rest will almost 100% be gone, and Lamar might be as well by pick #12 (#11 is now the target for teams to get past Buffalo, unless they themselves move up). Miami is currently at #11 and could go QB, or Arizona, Chargers, or even the Redskins could look to move up.

Jackson is a hopeful Tyrod. Rudolph, who knows. This "franchise" cliché is worn out. There is no way anyone knows for certain this group of four "franchisers" are better than McCarron. And I would make a hard bet they aren't better than Taylor. 16 picks in three years is not something to shrug off because he wasn't good pre snap. That is coaching, and maybe his height weighed him down in the pocket. Mayfield is no different except expect 16 int per year if lucky.

If Mariota was our QB, would we be in any better shape? No.

It's nothing but a dart throw. And I hate the dart board this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was you who got me looking at Roquan Smith. This guy is a true MLB, a very good one, and it is our most glaring hole (less Jordan Mills). They just don't make them like Roquan anymore. I'm drooling over him. I would settle for Tremaine Edmunds too.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name a QB picked in the top ten that won a SB? ...other than Peyton and Elway, who both needed a defense and run game to do it at the end of their careers?

Plunkett, Bradshaw, Young, and Aikman off the top of my head.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that argument—that a player isn’t worth a pick b/c “how many have ever won a SB”. The argument doesn’t hold any water.

There are only 32 Qbs to have ever won a SB. Of those 32 QBs, 13 were top 10 picks
. That’s 14 if you include Ben who was taken 11th. Either way, more than a 3rd, and just under half, of the SB winning Qbs were taken in the top 10.

That means the other 20 picks in rd 1 and the other 6 rounds—COMBINED—only produced 19 SB-winners in all of SB history. Therefore, the numbers say that if you want a SB-winning QB, the most likely place to fine one is, by far and away, in the top 10 picks of the first round.

The reply to those facts are almost always the same—yea, but how many in the last 20 years? B/c Brady is a statistical outlier, basing your argument on that kind of long-shot is like saying that you won't put your money into the stock market b/c you could still win the lottery (they won the lottery, why can't we?).

And make no mistake Bills fans, I'm not saying the Bills have to trade up to get a good QB--McCarron might turn out to be something or you could land Rudolph in rd 2, whom I think is criminally undervalued--I'm saying that the best odds of landing a SB-winning QB is to take one in the top 10.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that argument—that a player isn’t worth a pick b/c “how many have ever won a SB”. The argument doesn’t hold any water.

There are only 32 Qbs to have ever won a SB. Of those 32 QBs, 13 were top 10 picks
. That’s 14 if you include Ben who was taken 11th. Either way, more than a 3rd, and just under half, of the SB winning Qbs were taken in the top 10.

That means the other 20 picks in rd 1 and the other 6 rounds—COMBINED—only produced 19 SB-winners in all of SB history. Therefore, the numbers say that if you want a SB-winning QB, the most likely place to fine one is, by far and away, in the top 10 picks of the first round.

The reply to those facts are almost always the same—yea, but how many in the last 20 years? B/c Brady is a statistical outlier, basing your argument on that kind of long-shot is like saying that you won't put your money into the stock market b/c you could still win the lottery (they won the lottery, why can't we?).

And make no mistake Bills fans, I'm not saying the Bills have to trade up to get a good QB--McCarron might turn out to be something or you could land Rudolph in rd 2, whom I think is criminally undervalued--I'm saying that the best odds of landing a SB-winning QB is to take one in the top 10.
This man is fn genius

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for clarifying. I will not make that mistake again. However, in response to the "franchise" QB factor that gets forced at draft time, makes me wonder why.

Looks like you have a strong answer there. I wonder of the stats for QB that were traded up for in the top five?

And it still doesn't distract me from the point that the four in question are not special. That for every Goff and Wentz there's a Winston and Mariota, for every McNabb and Rivers there are Leafs and Akili Smiths.

Bills need LB and there are two studs that could fall to 12 and be much more of a factor this year than one of these four QB. If McCarron fails, fine...we have a high pick, and Shady to trade. Draft resources like five of the top 65 doesn't scream trade 'm all to get one guy. It says let's get five good players, one if which can be a QB. A Niners fan should know, letting Rodgers sit in the green room. At least they didn't trade up.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong about it all.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for clarifying. I will not make that mistake again. However, in response to the "franchise" QB factor that gets forced at draft time, makes me wonder why.

Looks like you have a strong answer there. I wonder of the stats for QB that were traded up for in the top five?

And it still doesn't distract me from the point that the four in question are not special. That for every Goff and Wentz there's a Winston and Mariota, for every McNabb and Rivers there are Leafs and Akili Smiths.

Bills need LB and there are two studs that could fall to 12 and be much more of a factor this year than one of these four QB. If McCarron fails, fine...we have a high pick, and Shady to trade. Draft resources like five of the top 65 doesn't scream trade 'm all to get one guy. It says let's get five good players, one if which can be a QB. A Niners fan should know, letting Rodgers sit in the green room. At least they didn't trade up.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong about it all.

McGlinchey is a great offensive tackle and we can take him 12th also

I do think we may have to consider a QB with a lower pick see how that goes