• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 most arrogant and rude fans

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are one of the best fan bases out there. To say we aren't is out of spite, i don't care who you are. That or you are just a negative person with a negative outlook at life.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from bleacherreport.com.....which means it really is just a complete opinion of some random guy who has collected zero data. Hell, I have an account on bleacherreport and have written several articles that people have read.

With all that said, it looks like this guy is just butthurt over basically the most successful programs in college football.....running through his top 10 he practically picks the top 10 dynasties in college football besides Boise State. But that is why you don't see Colorado or Missouri in there, because they arent one of us.

P.S. I'll bet the author of the article probably bases his opinion off of what he reads on the message boards.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude are you freaking kidding me?? To put us on this list is pure arrogance in itself.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well..that was my first time on that website....and probably my last...........

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He states that a "small precentage" of the fans are "rabid diehards" and "arrogant and cocky". Umm... doesn't every football team have these? So every football team should be #9

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the arrogance scale, Nebraska most definitely deserves to be on this list.

My only problem with this list is that Texas is not #1 and Notre Dame is not on the list at all. Those 2 fan bases are by far and away the most arrogant fans in existence.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Come on Nebraska is Known Nationwide as some of the nicest most knowledgeable fans in the country and the Media has said that almost every game that gets shown up here in MN.

My experience is a fair amount of the K State and Ia St. fans are a bit rude and at there place Colorado does not have a good rap. But I can say that online almost all of the KU, Mizzou, CU, OU, Bama are pretty decent people.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For my money currently most of the Boise State fans are some of the most entitlement oriented rude fans. They play in a very weak schedule because of their conf and while they probably have a decent team but not anywhere near as good as they think they are. If they played a real schedule or in a tougher conf they probably wouldn't have been undefeated as I do not think they would have won all their games if they were in the SEC, ACC or THE Big 12 and maybe not even in the Big Ten. If they every do what they said they would, Play anyone anywhere anytime and are beating the big boys with some regularity during the Regular season when every game counts and on another GOOD (top 5-10 team) field and not almost always getting usually 15-25 teams on the smurf turf then they will have EARNED the respect that they think everyone owes them now. Right now they are like the little brother picking a fight and hiding behind big brother or just going off and hiding like they are doing with V Tech and Us. Their next big game that I know of (and frankly I haven't looked much) is Washington. While Washington did better last year they are in a similar situation as we are a new head coach that has to prove themselves. And they have to do it in a slightly better conf than Boise St is trying to make their NC claims out of.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And NO Nebraska Does not belong on YOUR list jedburks!

Just because just about every Neb. fan from 2 up knows more about FB than 2/3rds of the the fans their age or 5 or more years older.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me that some random kid on bleacher report put us on his list.....but I can honestly say that Nebraska is nowhere near the top 10. We have some arrogant and rude fans, but this kid obviously thinks he can make assumptions based off of what he reads on the Disney forum. His main argument against Nebraska fans was that we couldn't get over the Texas game.....where do you think he heard that from?? Message boards perhaps??.....I know we didn't get together and throw a rally on national tv telling the nation that we should have won the Big 12 Championship.

Based on what people actually know by visiting other venues, there is no way in hell Nebraska would be near the top 10.....in fact, Nebraska would be in the top 10 for the opposite....just the simple truth.

There really is no argument. I'm not stating an opinion here, I'm stating a pure fact.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny are these responses?

After reading these I have only one thing to say.

Thank you for proving my point for Nebraska to be on the list for most arrogant fans.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny are these responses?

After reading these I have only one thing to say.

Thank you for proving my point for Nebraska to be on the list for most arrogant fans.

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are calling us arrogant off what you are reading on a message board......so thank you for proving my point.....that this analysis is based off what is read on the message boards. We probably all seem like arrogant fans on the internet.

Go to the stadium on gameday and watch how we treat the opposing team's fans as well as the opposing team in general. There is no fanbase like ours, plain and simple.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are calling us arrogant off what you are reading on a message board......so thank you for proving my point.....that this analysis is based off what is read on the message boards. We probably all seem like arrogant fans on the internet.

Go to the stadium on gameday and watch how we treat the opposing team's fans as well as the opposing team in general. There is no fanbase like ours, plain and simple.

you're right jed!!! hilarious!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not going to be like you and assume with absolutely no facts by saying that the writer of the article is basing his opinion off of message boards. You are obviously doing that to make yourself and your fandom feel better. All I know is that I am not basing my entire opinion off of what I read on message boards. I do go to the stadium on gamedays and that is another reason I have the opinion I do. Are there good things that Husker fans do? Of course!!!!! Are there bad things that happen that are the same things that Husker fans bring up constantly about other fan bases? Of course!!!!!!!! The difference is that most Husker fans don't want to admit it because they have been fed the over and over again line that they are the best in the country, which is just stupid.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to be like you and assume with absolutely no facts by saying that the writer of the article is basing his opinion off of message boards. You are obviously doing that to make yourself and your fandom feel better. All I know is that I am not basing my entire opinion off of what I read on message boards. I do go to the stadium on gamedays and that is another reason I have the opinion I do. Are there good things that Husker fans do? Of course!!!!! Are there bad things that happen that are the same things that Husker fans bring up constantly about other fan bases? Of course!!!!!!!! The difference is that most Husker fans don't want to admit it because they have been fed the over and over again line that they are the best in the country, which is just stupid.

Alright, you're right.....I cannot say 100% for sure that we have the best fanbase. I guess I wasn't even trying to say that to be quite honest. I was saying that we would have a better chance of being in the top 10 of just the opposite than the top 10 for the worst fans in the country.

I am just basing it off of the evidence that I have. I have been to 37 Husker football games in my life, have the tickets stubs to every single one of them, and I can recall 2 times in those 37 trips where I saw Husker fans do something really disrespectful. One time was at the USC game in Lincoln, my seat was right next to the gameday crew and there were about 20 of us talking to Lee Corso just bullshitin with him...havin a good time. He was laughin and talkin back with us. And then some kid starts yelling "CORSO YOU FUCKING FAGGOT OLD COCK BASTARD blah blah blah....." That was bad.

Another time was much worse, I was in the student section and a couple of Kansas women (elderly) were walking up the stands and some kid jumped out in the stairs and got in their face and was calling them cuntbags and everything.....he ended up getting decked by another Husker fan and we all cheered.....both of them got kicked out of the stadium. Then about 10 Husker fans immediately apologized to the old ladies.

Other than that, we have always clapped for the opposing team as they leave the field.....and we have always treated other fans with respect. I have only been to one away venue where the opposing fans were nice to me....and that was in Lawrence, Kansas. I went to Norman one year and had to sit by myself with a bunch of Oklahoma fans. They crushed us that year, and these Sooner fans treated me like shit. I wasn't saying a word, but these 45-50 year old people were asking me "why in the hell would you drive all the way down here to watch your hasbeen team get their asses kicked by the national champions?" I thought Norman would be better than that. In Colorado I had beer or some sort of liquid poured on my seat when I stood up to watch the team come running out so that I couldn't sit back down.....that was fine because they don't realize that HUSKER FANS DON'T SIT ANYWAYS! And Missouri was a piss poor trip as well...just had to take a bunch of lip, no big deal really. But a restaurant didn't want to serve us in Columbia and what not.

Every single home game in Nebraska, you will see the opposing team's fans down at the bars in Lincoln and Husker fans will be buying them drinks. I see it every single time.....I can't make this stuff up, it is what it is. There are plenty of fanbases who should be on that list before Nebraska fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about being the worst fans?

Being arrogant isn't always a bad thing in my opinion. The people that don't like arrogance are the ones looking at the "arrogant" ones because they want to be them. Look at the list again. With the exception of Boise St and Oregon, those teams are the who's who of college football. All of those teams are some of the most successful programs in the history of college football. Those fanbases deserve to have some arrogance to them. Also read the Nebraska part again. He says over and over and over again that the people he is talking about is the small minority of Husker fans. It is people like you that get your panties in a wad because you have been fed this line of crap about Nebraska fans being the best for your whole life and unfortunately you actually believe it so if anyone even remotely says otherwise then the world is coming crashing down around you and your arrogance comes out.

At least I can admit it. I am an arrogant prick and Nebraska's fanbase is no better or worse than anyone else's because everyone has great fans, everyone has terrible fans, and everyone has the ones in between.

Although I am not sure how arrogant I truly am when I crack on myself more than anyone else does. Oh well, I guess I will keep rolling with the arrogant thing.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan is arrogant to a degree about their team... But if you made a top ten list of most respectful, fun, and decent fans, Nebraska is fuckin top 3. This loser that wrote that article thinks that the internet is real life. People go here to vent and i'm no different.
I can go off on an expletive ridden rant about how I fucking hate Missouri and everything it stands for, and fuck blaine gaybbert, and fuck their fans they're all gay and i'd piss on their graves, but if you see me at a game I'll be respectful and have a beer with you and congratulate you if your team wins, and be humble if we win. (unless it's colorado, then you can really basically eat shit and die. I will talk mad shit to their faces 'till the end of time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I honestly don't care that much about it.....I just truely do not believe that Nebraska fans are one of the most arrogant fanbases around, primarily because half of our fanbase is 60+ years old. When I truely believe something, I will voice my opinion.....but really I don't care if they think we are arrogant, I just don't believe we are as arrogant as a lot of other fanbases.

Myself, I am not an arrogant person. Like I said, I bet I come off as an arrogant person online.....it's hard for me to show my facial expressions and the tone of my voice on here. I am really a big joker....knowing me in real life is a million times different than knowing me on here. I am sure there are some people who hate my guts on the internet....but I have no enemies outside of the virtual world.

As for Nebraska, that line that I have been fed all my life hasn't come from other Husker fans......it comes from opposing fanbases. I don't know why in the hell they would feed me that line just for the hell of it. Everywhere you go, if you mention being a Husker fan the first damn thing people say is "OH GREAT FANS!!! JUST UNBELIEVABLE FANBASE THERE!!" So, yea I have heard that line over and over again....just not from other Husker fans.