• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Took over a team...got work to do..

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I took over a team in a 16 team IDP Dynasty Non PPR. Few things this about this team that are nice, others that are terrible. LOL. For one, I have no 1st/2nd rd pick in the rookie draft, we only have 4 rds. Roster is pretty deep and and I have terrible, terrible RB.

We start: QB, RB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,OP

QB: Brees, Tanny, P.Lynch, Landry Jones.
RB: Forte, Hyde, Al.Morris, B.Rainey, Dexter McFucking Cluster......
WR: Dez, Maclin, Larry Fitz, Stills, M.Lee, K,Wright, Innman
TE: Reed, Barnidge, Z.Miller

Def is in much better shape so I can work with what I have.

As you can tell I have some work to do. I was think about trading Brees/Dez, maybe both. There is a team in the 1st rd who has 6 fucking pics including the first (1,9,10,12,13,15) and that person is a new owner too now. So I am thinking about trying to offer her maybe Brees for couple picks, not sure I'll get #1 back. I realize I cannot win now, so mine as well try for the future. What do you guys think....Any other guys I can look to move...maybe Reed?

Any thoughts...thanks!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop landry fn jones

trade brees, forte, fitz, even reed and stock up, in 16 teams it depends what you wanna do

win now

or build

if its win now...trading brees may get ua piece or two to compete this year with those thin rosters.....your wr are good, would have an ok qb, if forte got touches, and you traded brees for a rb, you could conceivably be in contention big time this year

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop landry fn jones

trade brees, forte, fitz, even reed and stock up, in 16 teams it depends what you wanna do

win now

or build

if its win now...trading brees may get ua piece or two to compete this year with those thin rosters.....your wr are good, would have an ok qb, if forte got touches, and you traded brees for a rb, you could conceivably be in contention big time this year

OP spot makes it tough to give away Brees doesn't it? He needs something behind (or in front of) Tanny.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would see what RBs I could get with a Forte/Reed package and a Hyde/Fitz package.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP spot makes it tough to give away Brees doesn't it? He needs something behind (or in front of) Tanny.
it does a bit but i'd roll the dice with the aging vet for a rb if i can

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have a win now roster, and your team is very old.

I would be looking to go full blown 76 rebuild here. There is not a single offensive player on your roster who has a chance to be as valuable 3 years from now as they are today. For that reason, I would be trading everything you can for picks. I think your target should be to build a team capable of contending in 2019 or 2020.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have a win now roster, and your team is very old.

I would be looking to go full blown 76 rebuild here. There is not a single offensive player on your roster who has a chance to be as valuable 3 years from now as they are today. For that reason, I would be trading everything you can for picks. I think your target should be to build a team capable of contending in 2019 or 2020.
Yeah... I don't see anyone who is untouchable on your roster.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I don't see anyone who is untouchable on your roster.
i dont see anyone untouchabel , but this a 16 team league, therse scarcity at positions, his QB, TE, are top tier,

WR's arent bad at all.....

RB's are junk....

if he could get a RB to pair with hyde, i dont see why for 1 year, and i mean jsut this year he wouldnt be in contention

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NM didnt realize they start 3 rb's and can start 2 qb's,

trade away for youth, i just did this in dynasty my oldest guy is cj anderson probably

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a point here...I was looking over the league a little more tonight and it seems there are about 5 teams who made major trades. A couple teams have no 1st/2nd rd pick in the rookie draft and a couple teams are loaded in both rds. Then there was a big message about Collusion. I am starting to think there was some collusion going on and they replaced those owners....

No chance I can win now. I am not afraid to move anyone, and I made that known. I can live with Tanny for a yr at QB and fill the gap. I might ask for a guy on the bench in a Brees trade, IDK. It also makes me think this previous owner traded away a lot more rookie picks...there is no young guys, even on defense...It's OK though, I am looking for the challenge that's for damn sure...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a point here...I was looking over the league a little more tonight and it seems there are about 5 teams who made major trades. A couple teams have no 1st/2nd rd pick in the rookie draft and a couple teams are loaded in both rds. Then there was a big message about Collusion. I am starting to think there was some collusion going on and they replaced those owners....

No chance I can win now. I am not afraid to move anyone, and I made that known. I can live with Tanny for a yr at QB and fill the gap. I might ask for a guy on the bench in a Brees trade, IDK. It also makes me think this previous owner traded away a lot more rookie picks...there is no young guys, even on defense...It's OK though, I am looking for the challenge that's for damn sure...
it's tough to say, let's rebuild. and stick to
your guns. i've got some awesome
offers in dynasty for mixon and fournette. but not enough to make me throw away my plan, maybe someone will. but my plan was to draft those two and rebuild youth. and i have that. will i be down for a year or so, yeah, but hope to be strong as hell after that.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's tough to say, let's rebuild. and stick to
your guns. i've got some awesome
offers in dynasty for mixon and fournette. but not enough to make me throw away my plan, maybe someone will. but my plan was to draft those two and rebuild youth. and i have that. will i be down for a year or so, yeah, but hope to be strong as hell after that.

I don't mind the rebuild, I kind of like it, LOL. I took over a dynasty team 2 yrs ago, and this team was worse than this one. I made it my own, made some huge trades and actually got better. I was picking early in this yr rookie draft too. Then the day of the draft, dude deactivated the league...smh.

If the person with all the picks in the 1st rd keeps them all, she will be all set for years to come, and her roster is pretty good now. I am hoping I can pry away some of the later picks in the 1st and send her Brees and maybe get Dak back (she has Wilson already). Was also looking to pull a trade for Jimmy G and stash him...IDK how it will work out....I might be stuck...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's fun to rebuild my strategy was to sure uo rb and qb..... and take a bunch of young upside wr

i have devante parker, cam meredith, robert woods, quincey enunwa, allen burns, donte moncrief, i figure if i can hit on 2 of them for wr 2 -3production in ok.

got mariota and goff at qb

hooper at tight end

and

fournette, mixon, cj anderson, devintae booker, mike gillisee, robert turbin and jeremy mcnichols at rb

i won't win this year but i like moving firward

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's fun to rebuild my strategy was to sure uo rb and qb..... and take a bunch of young upside wr

i have devante parker, cam meredith, robert woods, quincey enunwa, allen burns, donte moncrief, i figure if i can hit on 2 of them for wr 2 -3production in ok.

got mariota and goff at qb

hooper at tight end

and

fournette, mixon, cj anderson, devintae booker, mike gillisee, robert turbin and jeremy mcnichols at rb

i won't win this year but i like moving firward

Agree on your strategy. Sort of how I want to approach it. Since it's not PPR, I need guys that can score. This was a good class for RB too. I am trying to find out what moves he made to trade away his 1st/2nd rd picks...LOL

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think starting requirements have much tho do with what you need to do with this roster. No matter what the rules, you need a compete overhual to get this going in the right direction.

Brees, Dez, Reed, maybe Fitz, are your only truly valuable pieces, trade them all for picks and younger replacements, even if those replacements aren't all that attractive short term. This could be a multi year process before you get to a comfortable place, unless you can really work a few other owners and really nail the draft

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ISNT THER A TRANSACTION HISTORY...

I looked, I cannot find anything. I went as far back as I could, so I am thinking these trades were made during the season. Unless I am missing something...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think starting requirements have much tho do with what you need to do with this roster. No matter what the rules, you need a compete overhual to get this going in the right direction.

Brees, Dez, Reed, maybe Fitz, are your only truly valuable pieces, trade them all for picks and younger replacements, even if those replacements aren't all that attractive short term. This could be a multi year process before you get to a comfortable place, unless you can really work a few other owners and really nail the draft

I agree. Rather get picks for Brees/Dez and some younger guys for Reed/Fitz....New league, so not sure how they trade...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holly shit....I was able to get back to last yr and the moves this kid made is a head shaker....

Here is one trade:
-Seattle trades the 2016 4th overall pick. Houston trades the 2016 13th overall pick and 2017 1st Rd pick

Another trade:
-ARIZ traded Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR to HOU
ARIZ traded Gary Barnidge, Cle TE to HOU
ARIZ traded Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB to HOU
HOU traded Philip Rivers, SD QB to ARIZ
HOU traded Keenan Allen, SD WR to ARIZ
HOU traded Jason Witten, Dal TE to ARIZ

Traded D.Murray to Sea for Dez too...

Was he even in the league:
-HOU drafted Trent Richardson, Bal RB from Free Agency to Bench

-HOU added Phil Dawson, Ari K from Free Agency to Bench
HOU dropped Josh Doctson, Wsh WR to Waivers

-HOU added Dontrelle Inman, SD WR from Free Agency to Bench
HOU dropped Corey Coleman, Cle WR to Waivers

No clue where that second rd pick went...Lots of trades with Sea....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holly shit....I was able to get back to last yr and the moves this kid made is a head shaker....

Here is one trade:
-Seattle trades the 2016 4th overall pick. Houston trades the 2016 13th overall pick and 2017 1st Rd pick

Another trade:
-ARIZ traded Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR to HOU
ARIZ traded Gary Barnidge, Cle TE to HOU
ARIZ traded Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB to HOU
HOU traded Philip Rivers, SD QB to ARIZ
HOU traded Keenan Allen, SD WR to ARIZ
HOU traded Jason Witten, Dal TE to ARIZ

Traded D.Murray to Sea for Dez too...

Was he even in the league:
-HOU drafted Trent Richardson, Bal RB from Free Agency to Bench

-HOU added Phil Dawson, Ari K from Free Agency to Bench
HOU dropped Josh Doctson, Wsh WR to Waivers

-HOU added Dontrelle Inman, SD WR from Free Agency to Bench
HOU dropped Corey Coleman, Cle WR to Waivers

No clue where that second rd pick went...Lots of trades with Sea....
The waiver claims are inexplicable, and indefensable, some of the trades, meh... not ones I'd have done (except Dez for D. Murray... given Murrays age and injury history coupled with Derrick Henry's presence make Dez worth more in a dynasty format, imho)

But Yeah. . what a mess