• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if Jim Ross and Screaming A Smith were the lead commentary team for NBA games, I might actually watch.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Just to recap, Stephen A. Smith got a longer suspension for TALKING about Ray Rice than Ray Rice did for assaulting his wife.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A. Smith should have just been drowned as a child...

FTFY

Just to recap, Stephen A. Smith got a longer suspension for TALKING about Ray Rice than Ray Rice did for assaulting his wife.

:L

I don't really want to go find it, but what did fuck nuts say?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if Pegula doesn't become the new owner of the Bills.

Three initial bids were submitted Tuesday to an investment bank handling the sale of the Buffalo Bills, the Toronto Sun reported.

Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula has submitted an initial bid of more than $1 billion for the Bills, the New York Post is reporting.

Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula, a Toronto-based group that includes rock star Jon Bon Jovi, and real estate developer Donald Trump all submitted bids, according to the report.

The New York Post reported that Pegula's bid topped $1 billion.

Pegula dips into his sock money while Bon Jovi gives ownership a bad name

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTFY

In an offhanded way he said that women shouldn't provoke their man. The way he said it is what caused a ruckus. I think it was the combination of his opinion, his delivery, and the fact that no one at ESPN actually stepped up to question the length of the suspension.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In an offhanded way he said that women shouldn't provoke their man. The way he said it is what caused a ruckus. I think it was the combination of his opinion, his delivery, and the fact that no one at ESPN actually stepped up to question the length of the suspension.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if Pegula doesn't become the new owner of the Bills.

Pegula dips into his sock money while Bon Jovi gives ownership a bad name

I agree. Not only does Pegula have the money to outbid the vast majority of bidders, but a huge portion of his wealth is unencumbered and not just "paper" wealth.

I would also hope that the trustees - Mary Wilson in particular - would acknowledge the fact that $1BN +/- a couple million is a huge number no matter what - even moreso when you consider that Wilson only paid $25K to join the AFL way back when - and do what is right for the fanbase that helped make the team worth $1B+ instead of just selling to the highest bidder.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched and just watched Skip Bayless squirm.

That's just him moulting again.

I agree. Not only does Pegula have the money to outbid the vast majority of bidders, but a huge portion of his wealth is unencumbered and not just "paper" wealth.

I would also hope that the trustees - Mary Wilson in particular - would acknowledge the fact that $1BN +/- a couple million is a huge number no matter what - even moreso when you consider that Wilson only paid $25K to join the AFL way back when - and do what is right for the fanbase that helped make the team worth $1B+ instead of just selling to the highest bidder.

Trump has pretty much stated that he's out of the race, and Golisano never even bothered to place a bid.

When push comes to shove, Bon Jovi's chances of owning the team will be living on a prayer. All they need to do is look at how Pegula has been as an owner since buying the Sabres. He has made tons of needed changes to the Arena, and is starting to revitalize downtown Buffalo with all his new development.

All his money however won't guarantee the Bills start winning, but he'll at least keep them in Buffalo where they belong.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When push comes to shove, Bon Jovi's chances of owning the team will be living on a prayer.

Pegula will shoot down Bon Jovi's bid in a blaze of glory and leave Jon with a bad medicine taste in his mouth.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump has pretty much stated that he's out of the race, and Golisano never even bothered to place a bid.

When push comes to shove, Bon Jovi's chances of owning the team will be living on a prayer. All they need to do is look at how Pegula has been as an owner since buying the Sabres. He has made tons of needed changes to the Arena, and is starting to revitalize downtown Buffalo with all his new development.

All his money however won't guarantee the Bills start winning, but he'll at least keep them in Buffalo where they belong.

From what I've read about the Bon Jovi group though, it's a bit more mysterious who all is in on it, so we don't exactly know what kind of financial muscle they've got to flex.

I do still agree about Pegula though. I just hope Mary Wilson does too!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Also, if you are outside an Atlanta nightclub you gotta make sure you don't laugh at a brother's white suit. Or if you are in a bar bathroom with a QB, you gotta make sure you don't pass out. Or if YOU ARE A DOG you need to be absolutely sure you don't be owned by Michael Vick."

God, what a fucking idiot.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.