• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too many freakin' men on the ice

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
just finished watching the game, so I didn't plow through all 350 posts int he GNT.
what an amazing 3rd period to watch. random thoughts to follow.

such a shame that the PP goal was on a too many men penalty (though at least it wasn't an iffy call close to the bench). The ONLY penalty of the third period. Refs really let them play tonight.
- what has there been... 30+ too many men calls already?
- shades of Bruins vs the Habs 30 years ago (Grapes' swansong)

Lucic is a beast. of that there is no doubt.

kind of surprised me that there was only 13 combined shots in the 3rd. That was non-stop action. A war for every inch of space on the ice.

also interesting that the game had the exact same pattern as the series (Boston up 3-0 easily early on, Philly battles back to win 4-3)

Old man Recchi impressed me. he is a grizzled warrior.

from an impartial observer.... wow. what a freakin' game.

Zdeno Chara is 0-5 in game 7s. That's gotta hurt.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone not really concerned about the outcome it was a great game 7. Lots of action.

Lucic is good, but I am not upset about the Habs not facing him. I am sure he would have gone after Gionta, Cammalleri, and Pleks after every whistle.

Lucic was the 6th man on the ice in the penalty too, wasnt he?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

yes he was. Sobotka (sp?) was coming towards the bench, but peeled off back into the play.

btw... hockey cards have arrived in WA today.
I'll hopefully get down to pick them up on Monday.
Thanks again!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was supposed to go off, then didn't after Sobotka (maybe?) had already jumped on.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he was. Sobotka (sp?) was coming towards the bench, but peeled off back into the play.

btw... hockey cards have arrived in WA today.
I'll hopefully get down to pick them up on Monday.
Thanks again!

I just hope you are happy with them. Looking through them again last week I think its good stuff. I hope you think so.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zdeno Chara is 0-5 in game 7s. That's gotta hurt.[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't know that. I guess Chara is NOT a beast !!!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, puck. I agree on all points. As someone who couldn't care less about the B's or the Flyers, you couldn't have asked for a more entertaining game.

I liked lip reading Laviolette during that first period time out. All I kept getting was "One fucking goal".

Also, I know this is horrible of me but I busted out laughing when I saw that little kid crying. I have kids, I am a huge hockey fan, and I almost wanted to cry this year when Canada knocked the US out in the gold medal game. So yeah, I'm evil, but I laughed.

I wonder if heads are going to roll in Boston after this one. They have lost a lot of playoff series in game seven the last few years, this might be the kicker.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone not really concerned about the outcome it was a great game 7. Lots of action.

Lucic is good, but I am not upset about the Habs not facing him. I am sure he would have gone after Gionta, Cammalleri, and Pleks after every whistle.

Actually, I heard it was a mix-up between Sobotka and Savard, but that could be wrong. Needless to say, it was a bad time for that penalty, though the refs did get it right

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of quick obvious observations-

Lucic was unreal last night and throughout the series. For a big dude, he never seemed to tire.

Chara chokes under hard pressure. The freak of nature can control a game, but for whatever reason, he just doesn't. Opposing teams are terrified of the guys size and physicality, but...again...he chooses not to use those weapons all the time.

Boston's defense isn't as great as I was led to believe. They had a habit of watching the puck down low instead of taking the man out of the play.

...and Boychuk (?) stopped playing physical somewhere at about game 5.

Bergeron was a non factor.

Oh and injuries are what set the tempo for the entire series. Once Krejci and Sturm went out and Gagne in....what eventually happened....did so easily.

Finally - the Flyers have to most heart of any team I've ever watched.

I did say "obvious", didn't I?? lol