• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too little, oo late. but thanks

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
NFL.com news: Super Bowl XL referee regrets that mistakes 'impacted the game'

Saying "I'll go to my grave" with regret, NFL referee Bill Leavy reopened a Seahawks' wound that won't heal by acknowledging he made mistakes in Seattle's disputed, 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The veteran official began an annual training-camp rules interpretation session with the Seattle media after practice on Friday by bringing up the sore subject without being asked.

"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly," Leavy said of the game in February 2006. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Leavy's comments helps him find some form of closure. The Hasselbeck personal foul call is the one call I clearly agree with it being incorrect. The other fourth quarter call of holding by Locklear... is a judgment call. You win some, you lose some in those cases.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We may be division rivals, but what happened to you guys in the Super Bowl was criminal. No game should ever be decided by a bad call, let alone the SB.