• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo - Will He Qualify for US Open?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retired Romo to try to qualify for U.S. Open

ALEDO, Texas -- Tony Romo's next pursuit of a championship will be in golf.

And it's a long shot.

A month after Romo retired, the former Dallas Cowboys quarterback is among nearly 9,500 players who signed up for the U.S. Open. He plays an 18-hole local qualifier Monday at Split Rail Links and Golf Club about 30 minutes west of Fort Worth.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll find a way to choke it away

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony's legit on a golf course. I've never seen it but I guess he can go real long if he wants to. Be something else if he qualified but I have a hard time believing that someone can just switch sports like that and do it in less than a year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony's legit on a golf course. I've never seen it but I guess he can go real long if he wants to. Be something else if he qualified but I have a hard time believing that someone can just switch sports like that and do it in less than a year.

Don't tell that to Trump, after-all he is what a scratch golfer and win every tournament he plays in!

Well, Romo does have a lot of "off season" practice on the course so he could make it

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be quite the story

I always root for the amateurs during the Open and I'll finally get my chance to do it in person this year :D

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be quite the story

I always root for the amateurs during the Open and I'll finally get my chance to do it in person this year :D

You lucky SOB! Enjoy!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be quite the story

Public track...Erin Hills should be fun, the USGA has probably already come in and taken over...watering the fucking rough!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo won't make it, but should have fun trying.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public track...Erin Hills should be fun, the USGA has probably already come in and taken over...watering the fucking rough!

They have yet to open it up to the public and will not do so until 2 week after The Open

was fortunate enough to play that track 4 years ago - breath taking

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have yet to open it up to the public and will not do so until 2 week after The Open

was fortunate enough to play that track 4 years ago - breath taking

By "yet" I assume you mean it hasn't been available yet this season? 2 weeks after...that sucks...it would be nice to play it USO conditions. I got to play Sugarloaf the Monday after the Bellsouth once and it was really cool...talk about 300 yd drives....with 50 yds of roll!

I couple of guys I know that went up and did a MICH golf and added this course to the trip on the way back...raved about has you did.

It's on my list to play one day...about time to strike up the old band and hit the road again!

Supposed to go to Jamaica and play this fall...one of my golf buddies bought a 2nd home down there so flight, golf, and booze, is all we'd pay for...oh, maybe a some food.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "yet" I assume you mean it hasn't been available yet this season? 2 weeks after...that sucks...it would be nice to play it USO conditions. I got to play Sugarloaf the Monday after the Bellsouth once and it was really cool...talk about 300 yd drives....with 50 yds of roll!

I couple of guys I know that went up and did a MICH golf and added this course to the trip on the way back...raved about has you did.

It's on my list to play one day...about time to strike up the old band and hit the road again!

Supposed to go to Jamaica and play this fall...one of my golf buddies bought a 2nd home down there so flight, golf, and booze, is all we'd pay for...oh, maybe a some food.

Yeah, my buddies and I bought a coupon book that was supposed to have free green fees for Erin Hills included but was not this year due to The Open. They are missing out on a ton of revenue by not opening to the public yet but I am sure the powers to be do not mind as they get to host one of the crown jewels on the tour.

Have fun on your golf trip brother and keep em in the short grass