• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tommy Rees QB=not that big of an issue

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, Tommy should just hope that his receivers show up. If BK can draw up a simple, balanced attack with a few gutsy calls here and there, Tommy should be just fine. Despite who you've lost on defense, I still think y'all can stay in games and win games with your defense, starting with Nix.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just scared that if ND is losing in the 4th I dont know if Rees can help them come back. Im worried that Rees cant win games by himself. U need a QB to win games. Again i guess we will find out soon.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i'm in a minority here. i think tommy is a terrible qback ... always was and will continue to be. i've never seen anything to change my mind about him. intelligence does NOT make up for lack of talent and lack of quick decision making. the only reasonable chance nd has to win over 8 games this year is if zaire steps in and proves to be capable.
i also see no one this year taking te'o's position with anywhere close to the heisman-like year he had.

i'd like to be more optimistic but with few exceptions this is a pretty young team with nothing proven at the skill position (except rees ..... he's proven bad!).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i'm in a minority here. i think tommy is a terrible qback ... always was and will continue to be. i've never seen anything to change my mind about him. intelligence does NOT make up for lack of talent and lack of quick decision making. the only reasonable chance nd has to win over 8 games this year is if zaire steps in and proves to be capable.
i also see no one this year taking te'o's position with anywhere close to the heisman-like year he had.

i'd like to be more optimistic but with few exceptions this is a pretty young team with nothing proven at the skill position (except rees ..... he's proven bad!).

Geeez Iddy ... find SOMETHING positive ... cmon! The Golden Dome will still shine, man!

:wtf2: :suds: :2cents:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a big Rees fan ( I expect Hendrix or Zaire to be the starter by game 3), but I don't think he's nearly as bad as you think. In 2011 he completed 65% of his passes with a rating of 133, which aren't bad numbers. I know the interceptions were bad, but I think everyone understands that, and knows he need to address this. He was able to get Floyd to 100 receptions in 2011 (yes, I know how good Floyd was) even though everyone knew he was our top target. The bottom line is that while I expect Hendrix or Zaire to move up, it wouldn't shock me if Rees is the starter for most (or all) of 2013. I still expect the defense to lead this team, and I expect the D line, the DB's and even the LB corp to be better this year (baring injuries). I do share your concern regarding the skill position players, but think we will see 10 wins as a minimum. (with or without Rees as the starter).

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rees will have a good year if he can stay upright. Many people are looking at his untimely turnovers and mistakes when he was given the reins as a sophomore. They key will be with the o-line. Replacing cave will be a challenge. If the trenches are handled I actually see a great year...maybe that's the optimist in me. I was at the bcs championship game and our o-line could not handle a 3 man rush. Give Rees a little time, with his knowledge of the offense, the Irish will be better than most anticipate. We will see soon. I'll be at the opener vs Temple so lets hope for an easy win and a confidence booster for Rees.

Go Irish!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see any weapons on offense. we have no great QB, WR, TE or RB(hope one of the young guys break out). if Kelly goes 10-2 with this team give him COY

jjames69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tommy rees should have been playing against alabama

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Tommy Rees = 2000 Josh Heupel

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rees was QB bama would of had 10 sacks or more. We lost because..... I know this might hurt Bama was the better team and we were shell shocked in the 1st half. Played a better 2nd half.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB situation is nearly identical to last year at his time. We have the same 2 quarterbacks that have any experience (Rees and Hendrix). I know Rees is not a great QB but I feel he gives us a chance to compete and groom the next QB. He has experience and hopefully he has improved. I feel like some of you think we would be better off if Rees never took the field again, but I feel we are fortunate that we at least have Rees after losing Golson. We had an anemic offense last year with a dual threat QB and Eifert. Rees has a big challenge ahead of him and for what its worth, I will give him my full support to start the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Rees has been on this team for like 8 years. He never goes away.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with purguy. Seems like Tommy Rees has been here since 2002.

I'm still not sold that Kelly is going to start Tommy in the opening game. I'd personally rather see Hendrix.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see Hendrix or just go with the young QB. See if Kelly thinks Golson will be back then you start Hendrix because you can always go back to Golson next year. If you go with the young kid and he does well its hard to go back to Golson.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees will/should be the starter, but I guarantee you he'll probably have a very short leash. All you Hendrix-huggers might not be so keen on the guy if you had seen his poor showing in the Blue/Gold game. Ya, it's just a spring training camp game, but many take that Blue/Gold game pretty seriously. It was pretty bad. Personally, I hope Tommy gets off to a good start and can keep us winning games. This kid has earned his spot/right(s) to be the starter with all he's been through and still keeps a super, positive attitude toward the team and everything true about ND athletics! I would ask that we cut him a little slack and give him some support ... he's earned that much.