• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tommy La Stella traded to the Cubs for Aroydis Vizcaino

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La Stella had some good moments with the Braves and I wish him well in the future. Not sure where he will fit in with the Cubs. They have a lot of depth at the middle infield spots.

We traded Vizcaino to the Cubs a few years ago for Paul Maholm.

Vizcaino has potential to be a big player in the back end of the bull pen. We originally acquired him from the Yankees for Javier Vazquez.

So going into 2015, what do we do for second base?

Phil Gosselin is the likely front runner, but we could see a platoon between him and Ramiro Pena.

Perazza is likely a year away.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we traded Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden for a couple of pitching prospects as well. Atlanta is still trying to shop around the Upton brothers. Seattle is interested in Justin and I doubt anybody wants to give up anything for BJ.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we traded Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden for a couple of pitching prospects as well. Atlanta is still trying to shop around the Upton brothers. Seattle is interested in Justin and I doubt anybody wants to give up anything for BJ.

Not sure there are many out there who consider Shelby Miller just a "prospect". He is a pretty solid MLB pitcher. Right now, he is a decent 3 SP with a ceiling of approx. a low-end 1.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there are many out there who consider Shelby Miller just a "prospect". He is a pretty solid MLB pitcher. Right now, he is a decent 3 SP with a ceiling of approx. a low-end 1.

He's not exactly a veteran.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have mixed feelings about the Heyward trade. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to expectations with the bat, but by no means was he a liability, and if the old saying, "a run saved is just as good as a run scored" is true, he was a valuable player.

We're stuck with BJ Upton. Justin Upton and Gattis will probably be dealt.

I'm reading rumors of possibly signing Jon Lester, but that seems unrealistic given the price tag he will command unless we trade J-Up. Paying Dan Uggla 13 million for nothing this year sucks.

We have a solid core to build around and I think we have a bright future, but I think we're in for a rough year or two.

Shelby Miller is a solid MLB pitcher with a lot of upside and the prospect we got will be our highest ranked pitching prospect.

But at least we're probably gonna have room for Pastornicky to be an every day player. His speed and high contact rate will lead to success.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not exactly a veteran.

If given a choice to label him either a vet or a prospect, I would label him a vet.

I agree that given real life, he is not a vet, though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about Miller is that in each of his first two seasons he has gotten off to a hot start and cooled dramatically down the stretch. Given our recent history, I hope he can be more consistent. I know all the games count the same, but I'd rather have a slow starter but strong finisher than the other way around.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feelings about the Heyward trade. Yeah, he hasn't lived up to expectations with the bat, but by no means was he a liability, and if the old saying, "a run saved is just as good as a run scored" is true, he was a valuable player.

We're stuck with BJ Upton. Justin Upton and Gattis will probably be dealt.

I'm reading rumors of possibly signing Jon Lester, but that seems unrealistic given the price tag he will command unless we trade J-Up. Paying Dan Uggla 13 million for nothing this year sucks.

We have a solid core to build around and I think we have a bright future, but I think we're in for a rough year or two.

Shelby Miller is a solid MLB pitcher with a lot of upside and the prospect we got will be our highest ranked pitching prospect.

But at least we're probably gonna have room for Pastornicky to be an every day player. His speed and high contact rate will lead to success.

I've heard the Mariners are interested in Justin Upton. I hope we don't get rid of Gattis, he's one of my favorite players on the team. I doubt we will find anybody willing to take BJ Upton's contract. We will probably just have to eat the money or hope he turns it around. You're probably right about having a rough year or two before Atlanta is contending again.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the Mariners are interested in Justin Upton. I hope we don't get rid of Gattis, he's one of my favorite players on the team. I doubt we will find anybody willing to take BJ Upton's contract. We will probably just have to eat the money or hope he turns it around. You're probably right about having a rough year or two before Atlanta is contending again.

The Mariners have a lot to give, so hopefully if we trade J-Up it will be to Seattle.

3 years is too much to eat with BJ, we're gonna just have to hope he figures it out.

I'm a big fan of Gattis as well, but the experts are saying they'll be shocked if he is still a Brave come Spring training.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La Stella had some good moments with the Braves and I wish him well in the future. Not sure where he will fit in with the Cubs. They have a lot of depth at the middle infield spots.

We traded Vizcaino to the Cubs a few years ago for Paul Maholm.

Vizcaino has potential to be a big player in the back end of the bull pen. We originally acquired him from the Yankees for Javier Vazquez.

So going into 2015, what do we do for second base?

Phil Gosselin is the likely front runner, but we could see a platoon between him and Ramiro Pena.

Perazza is likely a year away.
Rickie Weeks is a free agent.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rickie Weeks is a free agent.

He can stay a free agent.

Gosselin isn't a bad option, but I'd prefer Pastornicky, though we'll probably need Pastornicky for an outfield spot.

My guess is when we trade Justin Upton to Seattle, we'll get Ackley as part of the package.