• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tommy Armstrong will be tough to beat out

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that perfectly. You are not the only person that feels that way and your support is growing every week. Don't quite understand where the calling people fags and liars comes in though.
People tend to call other people the bad names they were called all the way up to their adult years. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words.

The sell-out streak ends by the end of 2016.

Word has it (Big Red Over-Reaction)

Student section had a lot of empty seats today

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OUCH on this thread.

Patrick O'Brien had better be the starter next year.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets get the obvious out of the way, I'm new here. However, I've been a Husker fan for a very long time and have been lingering on this site for several months. So, you can either trust my intent or attack the messenger.

Red Alert adds nothing when the chips are down. His comparisons don't induce logic. When he tells kids what he did as a kid and they are just stupid kids, he is projecting how he felt about himself. He doesn't have a degree in psychology or know how to handle his emotions when he isn't getting his way.

Here is the bottom line to me. Throw out the past, and ask yourself what you have and what you believe. If you believe Nebraska can be a championship caliber team then you have to ask yourself what is missing?

The answer isn't Tom Osborne. I can remember my father being so happy in the 1993 Orange Bowl telling me the Huskers would win when we passed on our first play. He was wrong. We lost, 27-14 to FSU. What I remember prior to our streak was lots of stories about how we ran the ball too much and rumblings of how close Coach was to being canned in the 70s for coming up short in bowl games.

The answer isn't a winner. Mike Riley is a winner and not just by Oregon State standards. A certain person will scoff, but he is also a winner by Bear Bryant's standardsand take a peek at the resume and what people in the know say about him. I don't think a man at the end of his career that had opportunities at his alma mater and a more marquee job (USC) would take a job in a flyover state unless? Unless he had balls the size of our state in the belief that he was going to be able to end his career on top. So why are you lacking belief?

Because your subconscious is trying to fill in blanks to what is happening now, and those blanks aren't about then. Don't worry about Osborne, nor Solich, Callahan or Pelini. Worry about your family and doing your job and enjoying Saturdays because you know what they mean to you and you know we are in a transition.

I would worry if in two years this staff had not adapted to the Big 10. They are going to also rest on their laurels and play what they know. THEY WILL HAVE TO EVOLVE. Just like Tom had to evolve to get over the hump and recruit Florida and speed at the corners. Just like Bo didn't and assaulted the fans, right or wrong, it doesn't matter, he didn't evolve. Either being better in his approach towards us or cleaning up the gameplans in the second half.

The answer is we are missing a team that has depth. A coaching staff that is green to the culture of the Big 10 and tradition of NU and will need to evolve. Lastly a fan base that acts more and more like Ryan Leaf ever year we are removed from glory. We are not entitled to anything, we work our tails off and show up when the game is on the line.

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

This team doesn't have depth and many playmakers. Accept it. This is a work in progress. If you are a fan of the program, swallow it and don't start showing the most emotion around your family all week over a football loss. I'm excited about the future gentleman, because I know a man that was comfortable to bet his family's life and his legacy on Nebraska when nothing was motivating him accept his own desire to do something bigger. For those that want to quit, five games in, well all I can say is get your head out of 1997. We haven't won a conference championship since 1999. But you forget, what it took in terms of failure from 1971 till 1995.

A work in progress like passing the ball against Illinois in the last minute or so, instead of running the clock down to almost zero so Illinois doesn't have enough time to drive for a winning TD? Or continually throwing bombs on 3rd and short plays? The only thing I will accept is the fact that Riley took the Nebraska job because he was on the hot seat at OSU, and he's part of a garbage staff that had 3 losing seasons out of the last 5 seasons there. Eichorst made a terrible hire, period.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I've seen the day that I would rather have T-Magic at QB than the guy we have now..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thar is no way the sellout streak ends.

Absolutely no way. Even in the midst of a shitty season, people are still fighting for tickets.

Folks know that we're in a transition period right now. Season ticket holders aren't going to fork them over just on a whim that this is the end of Nebraska Football as we know it. They'll stick around to see it through just like they did with Callahan.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta remember that if we don't have tickets to Nebraska Football games.............well, then we don't have tickets to anything.

It's all we have here.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thar is no way the sellout streak ends.

Absolutely no way. Even in the midst of a shitty season, people are still fighting for tickets.

Folks know that we're in a transition period right now. Season ticket holders aren't going to fork them over just on a whim that this is the end of Nebraska Football as we know it. They'll stick around to see it through just like they did with Callahan.

If the bleachers empty out by halftime at any point in the future, the fans are sending a message. If this happens in year 2 or 3, then it is not a good sign.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who hasn't went to a Husker game since Callahan was hired, but still pays for his seats every year.

He just gives them away every week if any of his family wants them. But he refuses to go until we turn the corner again.

Talk about a selfish fairweather fan. But anyways, my point is, he doesn't want to give up his seats. He still thinks we're going to get back to Championship status. Most Nebraska fans are naive like that. I am as well.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who hasn't went to a Husker game since Callahan was hired, but still pays for his seats every year.

He just gives them away every week if any of his family wants them. But he refuses to go until we turn the corner again.

Talk about a selfish fairweather fan. But anyways, my point is, he doesn't want to give up his seats. He still thinks we're going to get back to Championship status. Most Nebraska fans are naive like that. I am as well.
How many seats does he have and can you get yours hands on them? I'd love to go again ~ perhaps the tickets will be cheaper on game days on the streets. My daughters are pissed at me for giving up on getting at least one season ticket when my mom passed but I had a tough time sitting through a whole game with this bad (garbage/crap/shit/painful) back of mine.