• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official Sports SportsHoopla's Finest and Their Thoughts on the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, the time has come. Tag a member, and then post some of their juicier (read: dumber) quotes on the 2017 Super Bowl Champions. Please only post quotes that were made from September 1st 2017 and beyond.

First up, @broncosmitty
Wentz was unimpressive.

Just didn't matter since Dak looked like he was playing with his off hand.

Homers gonna Home doh, have at 'er.

Wentz will suck just as much in a game soon enough.

Be patient.

You are only setting yourself up to look even more clueless.

Don't stop. Triple down on your QB that was 14-27 tonight.

Last edited:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, yeah. All of the sudden when their D gives up 30 they probably are getting blown out. The Vikings I don't think the Eagles are.

I believe i have posted this already, albeit under the influence, but what the heck.

Saints over Eagles
Chances of teams beating the Pats and winning the Super Bowl, as per @There is A Moose at 3rd
1. Jags
2. Vikings
3. Saints comeback
4. Eagles

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles winning the Super Bowl is a happy accident. Only a fool predicts it at the time, but it happened.

Jokes and pissing contests aside: I would have loved a NO vs Philly NFCCG.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had to win it.

2017 was the year of no great teams which is why I ended up picking the Eagles in the Super Bowl even with a backup QB.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Bleeding Green Nation, they do a 'What They Were Saying' thread and highlight comments from other message boards during games. For the Super Bowl, they did it by quarter. Very amusing.

You can usually distinguish between the obvious trolling and the genuine hatred that fans have for teams, but they are entertaining reads nonetheless.

That being said, it's still an anonymous message board, so most trolls are going to flex their internet muscles. No different than here. For me, the unintentional comedy is off the charts.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had to win it.

2017 was the year of no great teams which is why I ended up picking the Eagles in the Super Bowl even with a backup QB.

Backhanded compliment followed by support.
That's how you get it done.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backhanded compliment followed by support.
That's how you get it done.
Its not my first rodeo.

I'm glad the Eagles won. They were the underdogs even though the NFC was better all year and they won without a franchise QB or an impressive performance from the defense. Its a Super Bowl that is going to get remembered because I don't think we are going to see another one like it. Thats not to say that the Eagles can't get back there. I just don't think they can win another one in that fashion.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not my first rodeo.

I'm glad the Eagles won. They were the underdogs even though the NFC was better all year and they won without a franchise QB or an impressive performance from the defense. Its a Super Bowl that is going to get remembered because I don't think we are going to see another one like it. Thats not to say that the Eagles can't get back there. I just don't think they can win another one in that fashion.

It does beg the question :
How will other teams attack the Patriots and Eagles?

Curious to see if there will be more 4th down attempts and aggressive play calling next season.
Or will teams still turtle up and play conservatively to protect a lead...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does beg the question :
How will other teams attack the Patriots and Eagles?

Curious to see if there will be more 4th down attempts and aggressive play calling next season.
Or will teams still turtle up and play conservatively to protect a lead...
The Patriots? Run the ball and have a good dline so you can try to get to Brady and/or make the Pats kick FGs every once in awhile.

The Eagles? Attack their secondary.

I suspect 31 teams will play aggressively and Andy Reid will play conservatively to protect the lead.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLz... You're going to spend this much time to spurn people on a sports forum over opinions? Based on the fact that you started this lengthy vendetta I'm assuming you're a jobless hack living in your mother's basement. Better clear your regular schedule of playing World of Warcraft & pron fapping...

News flash! Nobody gives a shit.

Opinions are like assholes... Everybody's got one

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this is excessive, for the record. Hell, most Philly fans didn't expect this, much less NFL fans.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLz... You're going to spend this much time to spurn people on a sports forum over opinions? Based on the fact that you started this lengthy vendetta I'm assuming you're a jobless hack living in your mother's basement. Better clear your regular schedule of playing World of Warcraft & pron fapping...

News flash! Nobody gives a shit.

Opinions are like assholes... Everybody's got one
I GOTZ U GUIZ GUD. FOLES DA GR8EST. E-A-G-L-E-S

Pretty much what I am hearing in this thread so far. Gonna have to do a lot better than that, Eagles fans.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know the eagle won't repeat, so things are looking up

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know the eagle won't repeat, so things are looking up
Meh, their cap ain't that hot but the core of what got them to the #1 seed in the NFC is still there. The Saints are still a major threat as are the Vikings with a real life quarterback, but the Eagles should be considered the favorite out of the NFC. SB not sure with the Pats having a much easier path, but we will see. They have as solid a shot at repeating as any recent team has had. Heck, I haven't even mentioned the Rams yet in the NFC.

If you... no, they won with Nick fucking Foles, they can do fine.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, their cap ain't that hot but the core of what got them to the #1 seed in the NFC is still there. The Saints are still a major threat as are the Vikings with a real life quarterback, but the Eagles should be considered the favorite out of the NFC. SB not sure with the Pats having a much easier path, but we will see. They have as solid a shot at repeating as any recent team has had. Heck, I haven't even mentioned the Rams yet in the NFC.

If you... no, they won with Nick fucking Foles, they can do fine.

Good luck trying to use logic against a poor trolling attempt.

Let them keep firing away.
Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a moving boat....