• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Post Here If NCAA is Investigating

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...mums the word here. I'm not sure what that means.

But I've not had much time to for research the last couple of months. Like you said, the last I read is we would be getting official notification within 30 days and that has passed. So I've been hanging out waiting.

Funny how this first surfaced...what three/four years ago? And here we are still waiting.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to bump this but didn't want to start a new thread either.

jonvi, what's the latest scoop in Syracuse? No news is good news at this point, right? Wasn't the NCAA supposed to get back in a month after the hearing?

And looks like the UNC story is getting buried.

There was a lull right after former Governor Jim Martin did his investigation and found nothing.:noidea:

Incredible to think that 18 years of academic fraud would carry no significant penalty. It will be interesting to see what happens after basketball season.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lull right after former Governor Jim Martin did his investigation and found nothing.:noidea:

Incredible to think that 18 years of academic fraud would carry no significant penalty. It will be interesting to see what happens after basketball season.

Hard to say at this point, but nothing with the NCAA surprises me anymore. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if 12 months from now Mark Emmert has been replaced by Roger Goodell. (and only a teeny bit surprised if Emmert is the Commish for the NFL)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from a friend of my Uncle's neice on her mothers side said....

Report will be out the first week in January. NCAA determined there were 20 viloations, most with the bball program due to lack of institutional control.

Expect a post season ban and loss of scholly's. No mention of taking away wins or championship.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from a friend of my Uncle's neice on her mothers side said....

Report will be out the first week in January. NCAA determined there were 20 viloations, most with the bball program due to lack of institutional control.

Expect a post season ban and loss of scholly's. No mention of taking away wins or championship.

Interesting. Thanks for the update jonvi. I hope they don't drop the hammer too hard on your guys.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "U" of college basketball.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is investigating allegations of academic misconduct on the campuses of 20 member schools, the association's head of enforcement told The Chronicle of Higher Education.

While no schools were named in the report, the official did say that 18 cases are in Division I, with one in Division II and one in Division III. The cases are all in different stages, and involve a wide range of allegations of impermissible assistance from professors, academic advisers or third-party representatives from outside the athletic department.

The report goes on to detail the NCAA's increased investment of resources into punishing academic fraud at its member institutions, including the establishment of a academic integrity group within its enforcement department and additional training for the association's investigators.

These cases could involve any number of sports within the Division I structure (Georgia's recent issues in the swimming and diving program, for example, is mentioned in the article), but the ongoing investigation at North Carolina will continue to be the most frequently mentioned case on the national radar.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For SU, the first week of January came and went without a peep. The NCAA is investigating 20 schools....but can't get through one for some reason. :doh:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For SU, the first week of January came and went without a peep. The NCAA is investigating 20 schools....but can't get through one for some reason. :doh:

Cut them some slack jonvi. They have to dedicate a lot of resources to ignoring the scandal in Chapel Hill. As important as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if they had half of their entire staff dedicated to nothing but ignoring UNC.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut them some slack jonvi. They have to dedicate a lot of resources to ignoring the scandal in Chapel Hill. As important as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if they had half of their entire staff dedicated to nothing but ignoring UNC.

Bingo. This is going to be how the NCAA justifies not punishing UNC.
#Operationeveryoneelsedoesit has commenced.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the waiting is over, jonvi.

At least there is no additional post season ban, right?