• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Offseason Thread

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited for the new DC too, but have to temper expectations. These kids are use to playing in a certain system. It might take them awhile to get is down, but I think we can expect some improvement....or I hope we do. Should not be to hard to teach these kids how to tackle and create separation when rushing the passer. It seems these DL had no moves other than a bull rush.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited for the new DC too, but have to temper expectations. These kids are use to playing in a certain system. It might take them awhile to get is down, but I think we can expect some improvement....or I hope we do. Should not be to hard to teach these kids how to tackle and create separation when rushing the passer. It seems these DL had no moves other than a bull rush.
I think his scheme will open up lanes to rush the QB. That was a big weakness this year. CB's and Safety's had to cover for a long period of time because we couldn't get to the QB. I can picture Morgan having 6-8 sacks next year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well having an entire spring and summer camp to learn the defense that isn't as complicated as the garbage Van Gorder was trying to run should help them adjust much better like they probably could have had the change been made when it should have.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boy's hotter than fish grease...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to point out i am a Polian fan with this hiring but lets not forget he did struggle at ND in certain areas. Polian will find guys that want to get after it on coverage units, pointing to former Irish players like Burton and Anello. Notre Dame’s coverage units were solid, and improved once Polian focused solely on special teams. It was the return aspect that was lackluster. Even with players like Tate , Armando Allen, and Zbikowski, explosive plays were few and far between.

This is where we might struggle again but I do think its an improvement. KO and PR coverage units were bad.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to point out i am a Polian fan with this hiring but lets not forget he did struggle at ND in certain areas. Polian will find guys that want to get after it on coverage units, pointing to former Irish players like Burton and Anello. Notre Dame’s coverage units were solid, and improved once Polian focused solely on special teams. It was the return aspect that was lackluster. Even with players like Tate , Armando Allen, and Zbikowski, explosive plays were few and far between.

This is where we might struggle again but I do think its an improvement. KO and PR coverage units were bad.
That seems like forever ago. Polian has gained a lot of experience since then. I'm optimistic that he'll thrive once given the reigns.