• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Stanton carted off the field and no Logan Thomas for the Cards? Where is he on their depth chart? Or where was he, fourth?

More on that here: Three Thoughts: Despite losing Drew Stanton, Arizona Cardinals get it done again - NFL - SI.com

"Ryan Lindley, who was just signed off San Diego's practice squad when Palmer fell, did little beyond holding down the fort here. He finished 4 of 10 for 30 yards and a couple of near-interceptions.

The last time we saw Lindley in any prominent form before Thursday was in 2012, when he was pressed into starting duties for Arizona as a rookie. To put it mildly, he was awful. Lindley finished that year with zero touchdowns and seven interceptions.

He still may well be a better option than current rookie Logan Thomas, a fourth-round pick who probably needs several seasons under Arians' tutelage before he can be considered a legitimate option. Even that could be pushing it. To toss him into the mix now, with the division and conference titles on the line and the playoffs approaching, would be an incredible gamble.

"[We] went with Lindley over Thomas because of experience," Arians said afterward, a rather clear indicator of his forthcoming plans should Stanton miss time."

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on that here: Three Thoughts: Despite losing Drew Stanton, Arizona Cardinals get it done again - NFL - SI.com

"[We] went with Lindley over Thomas because of experience," Arians said afterward, a rather clear indicator of his forthcoming plans should Stanton miss time."

Oh yea, a whole 7 "games" of experience... none of which (that I can tell) were starts? And boy oh boy has he lit it up when he's been in there:

d5LY2x2.png

I'm not saying Logan IS a viable option for them right now, but he has to be as good or bad as Lindley. If Arians doesn't agree, I'm thinking LT is already a forgotten man in AZ. The "experience" reference is joke. Hell, even in age, Lindley is only two years older than Logan.

Not a good look for LT.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's two years of NFL practices Lindley has been in that Thomas hasn't. Or put another way, better than 200% more. Now, he has stunk it up, no question. For that reason I would be very concerned if he stayed above Thomas for long, barring massive improvement. But to come in ahead of him for one game... Surprising but not necessarily a death knell for LT's chances with the Cards.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say pretty good he'll be back. He had a great year but if he needs to switch to LB in the NFL he probably doesn't get a top 2 rounds projection.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians announced that while Ryan Lindley will get the start for the Cards in their next game, Logan Thomas will have some packaged played. I wonder if Stiney FedEx'd him the "3rd and Logan" play sheet

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians announced that while Ryan Lindley will get the start for the Cards in their next game, Logan Thomas will have some packaged played. I wonder if Stiney FedEx'd him the "3rd and Logan" play sheet
Run nothing but Inverted Veer and QB sneaks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas likely to start next week versus sf.

I really hope he does well. I know he's super green but he can't be any worse than Lindley. At the very least, he can be better than Manziel!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas likely to start next week versus sf.

Found it surprising that if LT starts, he'll only be the 4th VT QB ever to start a game in the NFL.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam "I effing wreck fools" Chancellor made the Pro Bowl. :clap:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it surprising that if LT starts, he'll only be the 4th VT QB ever to start a game in the NFL.

I believe it's 5th... after Strock, Furrer, Druck, and Vick.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Looking forward to coming back to school next year to accomplish all the goals I have set for myself and becoming the man God wants me to be</p>&mdash; Dadi (@YYBAQB) <a href="">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas just came in one play to run a read option play.

The Cards were so bad that I don't see why they just didn't toss in LT and have him plow into the line play after play with an occasional throw. They sucked ass. Surely LT couldn't have done any worse. It's the playoffs. Might as well throw everything out there.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big catch by Fuller to get them out of the shadow of their own end zone.