• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs Penn State Game Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to see the light come on in the passing game for him.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol!!!! this was retreated by Cody green: "Found out this 'Rex at QB' formation isn't even a called play. He just tells Taylor to get the hell out of the way. #factsaboutRex"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is doing jest fine. Everyone wants a God damned Peyton Manning..............

I personally would rather have an athlete at QB..........it is the Husker way

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you repeating the same shit over and over isn't that considered trolling? it's fucking annoying you bumping every thread with the same shit.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you repeating the same shit over and over isn't that considered trolling? it's fucking annoying you bumping every thread with the same shit.

maybe he doing it so he doesn't make anyone upset with his comments.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missed it...what did he say?

(Heavily paraphrasing here with my bias) Basically said this game should never have been played. Disney and other media lost what was important here, which is finding justice for, and helping heal the victims of the crimes. That his own 12 year old and a lot of other young people were probably confused what the message was here with the media. So that's the reason for the pre game prayer. That maybe it might help put in perspective what it should really be about.

(I'm guessing Ron Browns prayer message was for the victims)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol!!!! this was retreated by Cody green: "Found out this 'Rex at QB' formation isn't even a called play. He just tells Taylor to get the hell out of the way. #factsaboutRex"

why is cody green retreating? is he being overpowered by the enemies?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously I've about fucking had it. I've been dealing with his ass all fucking day.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
missed it...what did he say?

Bo Pelini was candid in emotional in a rather fascinating postgame talk that had little to do with the specifics of the game itself. And rightly so.
The Husker coach admitted after the 17-14 win that it was a very difficult week, and said he held the belief going into the game that it probably shouldn't have been played given the Penn State situation.

Pelini lauded both teams for their efforts, given all that has transpired this past week.

"I think it shows the character of both football teams and all the young men who played in that football game," Pelini said.

There was a pregame prayer at midfield, in which both teams gathered together. The prayer was led by running backs coach Ron Brown.
"I thought it was the right thing to do," Pelini said. "You know, I thought a show of solidarity that was probably pretty sorely needed in a situation that everyone's facing. I'll be honest with you, going into the football game I didn't think the game should have been played for a lot of different reasons.

"In the end, I look at my job as a football coach is to educated, and to prepare the kids in the program for the rest of their life. That's what we are. We're in a university system, and the situation going on is bigger than football, it's bigger than that game that was just played, it's bigger than the young game involved that would have missed it had they called it off. It's about education and people putting in perspective what the situation was all about. Hopefully at least the fact that both teams sat down and prayed together, maybe that put that in perspective a little bit. It's about doing what's right. It's about society. It's about right and wrong.

"Trust me when I tell you, I don't know the specifics of the situation and I'm not judging anybody, but the fact is young kids were hurt. And that's a crime in itself and it's a lot bigger than football. It's a lot bigger than the NCAA, the Big Ten or anything else. I think that's why in the end, going in I didn't think the game should be played. But with it being played, I think both teams coming together was the right thing to do and hopefully that in itself made a statement."
Pelini seemed genuinely emotional as he talked about protecting kids.

"I always think it's about the youth, the young kids. I have a 12-year-old boy.... I think there are a lot of young kids that all week with all the things that were going on on ESPN that were really confused for a lot of different reasons because there's a lot out there that people don't know. There's a lot of speculation. There's a lot of things going on. And I think it's not about the adults, it's not about the football. It's about education and it's about the youth. And I think that gets lost in the whole situation. ... Whatever comes out of it, hopefully a lot of people learned from it and nothing like that ever happens again."

....I was pretty damn proud that Pelini is our coach while listening to that. I hope it's a sign of his maturity that it's okay to allow emotion and feelings into his speech. Nicely said Coach.