• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Masters 2015 Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Jordan's GF is hot as well

Hats off to the kid, one hell of a tournament!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree here...while the winner was never in doubt, it was fun watching the tourney and Lefty and Rory making a charge to the top of the leader board. Justine Rose played outstanding as well.

I agree with you as well. This was far from boring. Jordan did make it look "easy" yes but it was very exciting to see everyone playing well and getting "close" to him but not being able to surpass him.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he parlays that green jacket into some world class groupies. Poor kid is going to be bald before he is 25.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger always has an excuse when others outplay him.

Dude - give it a rest. I can certainly see why many folks may have not been thrilled with Tiger in the past. However - over this past weekend he carried himself very well, and I didn't see anything that he did or said that should really piss off anyone. CBS also did well in not really focusing on him too much.

Just be happy for Spieth, Mickelson, Rory, Rose & even Tiger to a degree. It was a fun weekend of golf - no pt in bringing up all of the Tiger hate when it just didn't apply in this case. Peace.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he parlays that green jacket into some world class groupies. Poor kid is going to be bald before he is 25.

Perhaps but he has way more than enough money to take care of that if he likes. Even if not - big deal - he will have enough money & fame to pretty much snag just about any women in the world. No pt in feeling sorry for this guy.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great scores but I am sure the stimp rating on that course was no where near as severe as Augusta National

Most pros prefer really fast greens over slow or average speed greens. All you have to do is get the ball online and it's gonna roll out, while having less break. Nothing is like a Augusta national when comparing greens , but the course I played on has the U.S. Open qualifier there about every three years. The rough is brutal.

All I was trying to say is that Jordan can and will improve and that's scary

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - give it a rest. I can certainly see why many folks may have not been thrilled with Tiger in the past. However - over this past weekend he carried himself very well, and I didn't see anything that he did or said that should really piss off anyone. CBS also did well in not really focusing on him too much.

Just be happy for Spieth, Mickelson, Rory, Rose & even Tiger to a degree. It was a fun weekend of golf - no pt in bringing up all of the Tiger hate when it just didn't apply in this case. Peace.
I'll give it a rest when I want to. I didn't respond to your opinion with an obnoxious post as I respect your point of view. Please show the same courtesy for others that have a different take. Thanks.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most pros prefer really fast greens over slow or average speed greens. All you have to do is get the ball online and it's gonna roll out, while having less break. Nothing is like a Augusta national when comparing greens , but the course I played on has the U.S. Open qualifier there about every three years. The rough is brutal.

All I was trying to say is that Jordan can and will improve and that's scary
Jordan shows a maturity way beyond his years and is a credit to his profession.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only focus on his balding pate after that great performance? I'm sure he is more focused on golf than any of those skanks.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed those shorties because I rushed through my routine. One usually thinks they can walk up and hit those short putts sometimes, "hoping" they don't miss. I was focused more on not missing, than i was trying to get the ball started online. It was a different focus and a lack of focus. Every putt - you should be focused on the line and get a feel for speed. All you can do is get it started on line, but if you focus more on making the putt from 2' or 20' then you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. Most putting gurus will tell to focus more on the line and speed, on the hole.

The kid is 21 so he's got room to grow and learn. And yeah PRO's on TV shouldn't miss too many 5 footers. I believe JS missed one 3 footer yesterday, but made a couple 15-20 footers for bird. It happens. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ALL JORDAN IS THINKING ABOUT TODAY IS THOSE 3 PUTTS INSIDE 5' THAT HE MISSED - BECAUSE 1 OF THEM WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE RECORD.

And for the record, I shot 71,70, 69 and got 3rd in the St. Louis Metro AM 2 years ago - while working 40-50 hours a week on my real job. Yeah i missed some 24-30" putts and made some redonk ones. Got beat by a stud from K State. I'm an amateur, not a PRO any more.

Yeah, that double bogey he got on Saturday was a total brain fart for him, and it seemed to close it out on 18 he just wanted to get off the course and start celebrating. He just let his frustration get the better of him on 2 or 3 putts over the weekend after missing short ones that he could have made and then missed the second. The last one he seemed to rush but I don't think he gave a crap. He just wanted to get it over with and put on that jacket.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that double bogey he got on Saturday was a total brain fart for him, and it seemed to close it out on 18 he just wanted to get off the course and start celebrating. He just let his frustration get the better of him on 2 or 3 putts over the weekend after missing short ones that he could have made and then missed the second. The last one he seemed to rush but I don't think he gave a crap. He just wanted to get it over with and put on that jacket.

It's a tough game for any age. Sometimes you want to hang onto that lead and your focus changes. Momentum shifts. It's like a team that is up 15 with 8-9 minutes to go in Basketball - they stall on offense and stop focusing on what got them up 15 points. And like when teams play prevent D in the NFL.

He's just young. He bounced back from any and all adversity. Nothing stuck with him on the negative side which is good. He'll learn and get even better. I think all of us like the fact that by doing this, it gives the US a boost when you compare us to Europe. Especially with Rory dominating at times.

You could really see on hole 9 when he had a 4 shot lead and then 10 he had a 5 shot lead, he got really comfortable. Hats off to J Rose for making it hard on Spieth for the first 8-9 holes. But once JS got comfortable, it was over. Hell I went and washed the cars on hole #10.

I don't know how much more people need to call this a really good Masters. Tiger, Phil, and Rory.. Even DJ was in the hunt and lurking. A young 21 year old hung on for his life and won it AND tied Tiger's record of -18. Good stuff

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it a rest when I want to. I didn't respond to your opinion with an obnoxious post as I respect your point of view. Please show the same courtesy for others that have a different take. Thanks.

That's being rude? You must have read it the wrong way - that was not my intent (& I even stated "Peace" at the end which means I am not trying to hassle you). All I was stating was that for this particular weekend Tiger made an effort to play all the way through & be as polite as he possibly can - which carried over to interviews, etc. I guess you will criticize the guy no matter what he does - oh well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only focus on his balding pate after that great performance? I'm sure he is more focused on golf than any of those skanks.

Give it time. He is a man & I am always amazed that any of these pro golfers can't resist the numerous temptations in their lives (I am sure that many have & we never hear about it). In any case - great job by the kid.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it time. He is a man & I am always amazed that any of these pro golfers can't resist the numerous temptations in their lives. In any case - great job by the kid.
Tiger couldn't resist the numerous temptations. Maybe that is why he hasn't won a major tournament in recent memory. Spieth seems more focused on winning majors than in banging a bunch of skanks.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy to spot people who know nothing about the game on here.

tiger has been irrelevant for awhile at majors, and for the past 12 months it has been compounded with injuries and multiple parts of his game going even more AWOL than ever.

he showed actual golf fans something this weekend.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy to spot people who know nothing about the game on here.

tiger has been irrelevant for awhile at majors, and for the past 12 months it has been compounded with injuries and multiple parts of his game going even more AWOL than ever.

he showed actual golf fans something this weekend.

First of all I didn't realize that you need some type of pedigree or scratch game just to watch or comment on the game. Good to know. Anyhow - the big story was Spieth & several of the others.

I assume that your comment was meant in a negative manner. If so - please elaborate. He had a bad but not a completely brutal last round. Prior to that he was playing halfway decent especially for someone who hasn't really been competitive for a long time. Will it translate into success down the road? Who knows. Nobody is saying that he is in the elite group right now. It is just something else entertaining to watch. I never understand these folks who simply have outright hatred for Tiger Woods, and it is laughable to believe that this take somehow makes one a true golf fan.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I didn't realize that you need some type of pedigree or scratch game just to watch or comment on the game. Good to know. Anyhow - the big story was Spieth & several of the others.

I assume that your comment was meant in a negative manner. If so - please elaborate. He had a bad but not a completely brutal last round. Prior to that he was playing halfway decent especially for someone who hasn't really been competitive for a long time. Will it translate into success down the road? Who knows. Nobody is saying that he is in the elite group right now. It is just something else entertaining to watch. I never understand these folks who simply have outright hatred for Tiger Woods, and it is laughable to believe that this take somehow makes one a true golf fan.

wow

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that understand golf realize that Tiger was playing with the #1 player in the world in round 4 of the Masters. Both were -6 I believe.

He was rusty and hadn't played in a competitive tourney for what 1-2 months? Just to walk out of the shitter like that and have 2 rounds in the 60's is good. He struggled off the tee, especially in the last day. But he's not going to have 4 rounds in the 60's after not playing in tourneys.

I'm not a Tiger hater. I like to see when he struggles and also when he's lingering in a tourney on day 3 and 4. I think all of us want him to be humbled, because the guy has been a dick for quite a while. And I think he was more humble than ever this week. Not to mention his swing on a couple of those irons were actually smooth for once. Short game had no real issues besides he couldn't buy a putt on sunday, but that's going to happen when all the pressure is on your putter because your tee ball sucks.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The course this year wasnt as fast as some other years I remember, maybe that's why it seemingly played easier.

I think I read that Spieth made more birdies in this tourney than any other in Master's history...Someone else can double check that, or not. Regardless, he made a lot of them.

Also read that he can expect to make in excess of 30 million off-course for his win.

Mickelson and Rose, on a normal year, would have been battling for the win.