• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Masters 2015 Thread

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost that soda bet I made that Tiger wouldn't finish. The hand "injury" sure had me thinking ....just maybe!

Amazing finish by Speith but yeah, the course played way too easy this year so the potential to lose a big lead was severely lessened.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jordan

Kid played well beyond his years

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, not sure if you missed those big ones he made to par.

Oh yeah Jordan made a boat load of putts all weekend. But he rushed a few of those shorties inside 5' and that's why he missed those. You shouldn't miss 3 of those. 1 or 2 maybe, but not 3 in 2 days.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for Tiger, when you cry wolf no one is ever going to believe you. His wrist injury looked pretty legit actually. When I saw it live it didn't look like anything special, but when you see it in slow motion, you can see the club grabs something. It looked like the ball was in a hole and he was hitting on an uphill slope.

He hadn't hit a fairway all day to that point so of course he might need an excuse. I have no clue how much it hurt, but the club clearly catches something.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you seem to say a lot of stupid shit.

:lol: Stupid huh.. OK I'll play

So if Jordan doesn't miss 3 putts inside 5', he doesn't shoot -21? :scratch: Do you not think Jordan can learn from a few mistakes he made? He's 21. Hit a few chips different maybe? Take a bit more time on some short putts (shorties)..? He some big ones too. All I was saying was that the kid is still young and can get better. So don't try so hard to be a prick. Especially in a conversation where you don't know shit about golf.

Maybe you can expand on your opnion..? Or maybe I need to break it down for you and your 20 handicap self.?

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made several clutch putts he might have missed. To hand pick a few putts he might have additionally made is fucking stupid because nobody over the course of four days makes every single putt. Everyone misses putts inside of 5 feet esp at Augusta.

Not you of course. I just mean commoners like Jordan Speith.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA

Gotta love trash talking on a fucking Gold board

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made several clutch putts he might have missed. To hand pick a few putts he might have additionally made is fucking stupid because nobody over the course of four days makes every single putt. Everyone misses putts inside of 5 feet esp at Augusta.

Not you of course. I just mean commoners like Jordan Speith.

Wasn't hand picking anything.. Good Lord. Just said the kid has room to get even better - I wasn't dogging him. Fuck relax. I remember a city tourney where I got 3rd and missed two 2 footers in 2 days because I rushed as well, but made plenty of crazy putts I should not have.

Wake up on the other side of the bed tomorrow.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA

Gotta love trash talking on a fucking Gold board

It's cool. Until someone is having a bad day and goes the fuck off.

You can't make every putt, just like every day isn't going to be a good one. Got to roll with it. But those PROs you watch on TV shouldn't miss a whole lot of putts inside 5'. Tiger and Rory did it yesterday on #2. It definitely happens.

All I was saying is that Jordan can get even better and that's scary. I'm not sure how that is stupid, but I'll just hope homer has a better day tomorrow.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid because everyone misses short putts and not because they weren't careful enough.

I remember a city tourney where I got 3rd and missed two 2 footers in 2 days because I rushed..

Two footers? Two of them? Oh, I thought you were this awesome player. You didn't miss them 'cause you rushed, you just hit them poorly.

Literally now, how many 24 inch putts did Speith miss this week? I didn't see any.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was total domination....Congrats to Jordan Spieth.

Yeah, the weather, course conditions made for a soft AN track and the scores at the top of the leaderboard scores reflected it.

Imo, that was simply mother nature winning rather AN doing anything wrong...that said, Spieth was by the best player out there based on the margin. The end score was historical, but also a by-product of the conditions so I don't want to say a whole lot about that part of it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was total domination....Congrats to Jordan Spieth.

Yeah, the weather, course conditions made for a soft AN track and the scores at the top of the leaderboard scores reflected it.

Imo, that was simply mother nature winning rather AN doing anything wrong...that said, Spieth was by the best player out there based on the margin. The end score was historical, but also a by-product of the conditions so I don't want to say a whole lot about that part of it.

Yeah, I'm sure this is the easiest that any of these guys have seen this course play in a long time. That being said, all they can do is play what the course gave them and Spieth still smoked it. He managed the course way better than anybody else. I just love the fact that he's at least a club shorter as far as irons go and was still better than everyone. Kind of goes contrary to what the manufacturers are jamming down everyone's throat with the whole "longer is better" dribble. The length obviously helps but if you're better with your 7 than the rest are with their 8 or 9 then you're going to do fine.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that the course played way too easy but Jordan was gonna come out on top no matter how it was set up this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure this is the easiest that any of these guys have seen this course play in a long time. That being said, all they can do is play what the course gave them and Spieth still smoked it. He managed the course way better than anybody else. I just love the fact that he's at least a club shorter as far as irons go and was still better than everyone. Kind of goes contrary to what the manufacturers are jamming down everyone's throat with the whole "longer is better" dribble. The length obviously helps but if you're better with your 7 than the rest are with their 8 or 9 then you're going to do fine.

When you really breakdown the top players...Spieth was killer on the par 5s...on the front he got #2, & #8 3 times each...he got #13 all 4 rounds and he got #15 3 times as well. He owned #10, with 3 birdies there too. That accounted for 16 of his 28 birdies....with that many birdies not on par 5 holes, his proximity to the hole had to be pretty good overall...not hurting too much in the distance dept.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that the course played way too easy but Jordan was gonna come out on top no matter how it was set up this week.

There you go...he lit it up...period. Rory had a very solid showing and I thought Rose played well also...I had J. Walker in my pool and he flopped.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid because everyone misses short putts and not because they weren't careful enough.

I remember a city tourney where I got 3rd and missed two 2 footers in 2 days because I rushed..

Two footers? Two of them? Oh, I thought you were this awesome player. You didn't miss them 'cause you rushed, you just hit them poorly.

Literally now, how many 24 inch putts did Speith miss this week? I didn't see any.

I missed those shorties because I rushed through my routine. One usually thinks they can walk up and hit those short putts sometimes, "hoping" they don't miss. I was focused more on not missing, than i was trying to get the ball started online. It was a different focus and a lack of focus. Every putt - you should be focused on the line and get a feel for speed. All you can do is get it started on line, but if you focus more on making the putt from 2' or 20' then you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. Most putting gurus will tell to focus more on the line and speed, on the hole.

The kid is 21 so he's got room to grow and learn. And yeah PRO's on TV shouldn't miss too many 5 footers. I believe JS missed one 3 footer yesterday, but made a couple 15-20 footers for bird. It happens. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ALL JORDAN IS THINKING ABOUT TODAY IS THOSE 3 PUTTS INSIDE 5' THAT HE MISSED - BECAUSE 1 OF THEM WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE RECORD.

And for the record, I shot 71,70, 69 and got 3rd in the St. Louis Metro AM 2 years ago - while working 40-50 hours a week on my real job. Yeah i missed some 24-30" putts and made some redonk ones. Got beat by a stud from K State. I'm an amateur, not a PRO any more.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go...he lit it up...period. Rory had a very solid showing and I thought Rose played well also...I had J. Walker in my pool and he flopped.
Phil played his best four rounds since last year's PGA Championship.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed those shorties because I rushed through my routine. One usually thinks they can walk up and hit those short putts sometimes, "hoping" they don't miss. I was focused more on not missing, than i was trying to get the ball started online. It was a different focus and a lack of focus. Every putt - you should be focused on the line and get a feel for speed. All you can do is get it started on line, but if you focus more on making the putt from 2' or 20' then you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. Most putting gurus will tell to focus more on the line and speed, on the hole.

The kid is 21 so he's got room to grow and learn. And yeah PRO's on TV shouldn't miss too many 5 footers. I believe JS missed one 3 footer yesterday, but made a couple 15-20 footers for bird. It happens. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ALL JORDAN IS THINKING ABOUT TODAY IS THOSE 3 PUTTS INSIDE 5' THAT HE MISSED - BECAUSE 1 OF THEM WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE RECORD.

And for the record, I shot 71,70, 69 and got 3rd in the St. Louis Metro AM 2 years ago - while working 40-50 hours a week on my real job. Yeah i missed some 24-30" putts and made some redonk ones. Got beat by a stud from K State. I'm an amateur, not a PRO any more.

Great scores but I am sure the stimp rating on that course was no where near as severe as Augusta National