• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. you're a pretty unbelievable fellow. we're done...

go waste someone elses time...

That's what I thought. You searched and searched then went the "I quit" route. Hilarious dude. Told you I never once mentioned that and if I did you'd be posting it immediately. Hahahahahahahaha.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about the down grade. No. But these guys who have ZERO ties to the Lakers, Cowboys or Yankees saying it's their team is super wack.
Doesn't matter where you're from. I've stuck with the Lakers through thick and thin for 21 or so years, and these last 5 or so years have REALLY been thin. That's a true fan.
As for Simmons/Ingram, yes I wanted Ingram, not only because he fit the system much, much better...but also his upside is through the roof, and he showed it in flashes throughout this year. He's a point forward, and he has the tools to be an elite defender, amongst other things one day. Now, I can't guarantee that he'll come along as fast as Simmons, but since we're not in contention, I'm patient enough to see him grow into his potential

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter where you're from. I've stuck with the Lakers through thick and thin for 21 or so years, and these last 5 or so years have REALLY been thin. That's a true fan.
As for Simmons/Ingram, yes I wanted Ingram, not only because he fit the system much, much better...but also his upside is through the roof, and he showed it in flashes throughout this year. He's a point forward, and he has the tools to be an elite defender, amongst other things one day. Now, I can't guarantee that he'll come along as fast as Simmons, but since we're not in contention, I'm patient enough to see him grow into his potential

followed my teams for DECADES, but yeah, i'm a bandwagoner...:lol:

and who knew my manhood was on trial...?

gotta say this'll come a shock to my wife, bro...:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Simmons didn't play a single game this last season - I would put Ingram ahead of Simmons. Simmons may yet be a good player and even better than Ingram, but he has yet to show it and has to catch up to Ingram first - I don't see how that can happen in less then two to three years

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know Lavar has entered Kardashian territory, right? We all hate those "ladies", but we never shut up about them. Same things now with him, he knows what he's doing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know Lavar has entered Kardashian territory, right? We all hate those "ladies", but we never shut up about them. Same things now with him, he knows what he's doing.
I have never watch the kardashians and I haven't been listening to Lavar either, but for what it's worth - He is a father that want's the best for his son - you can't blame him for that. On the business end, however I am a bit concerned that he will be too involved and be detrimental to his son's progress

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never watch the kardashians and I haven't been listening to Lavar either, but for what it's worth - He is a father that want's the best for his son - you can't blame him for that. On the business end, however I am a bit concerned that he will be too involved and be detrimental to his son's progress
He's a indefensible piece of shit for his remarks about Kyries mother.

People make mistakes. But, when you are wrong, and you choose to double down on the vitriol instead of apologizing, you are truly a vile and disgusting sub-human being.

Shame on him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, you are another one who is full of shit. You might be a great guy. You might be cool. But theres absolutely not a chance in hell anyone would want Ingram over Simmons. Thats just ludicrous and all of you Laker fans know it. We have one other non Laker fan on here and he said, "You take Simmons 11 times out of 10 over Ingram". Want me to post about 25 articles on how Simmons is the highest rated prospect since Lebron... but you guys would rather have Ingram. Suuuuuuuuuure you would.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Simmons didn't play a single game this last season - I would put Ingram ahead of Simmons. Simmons may yet be a good player and even better than Ingram, but he has yet to show it and has to catch up to Ingram first - I don't see how that can happen in less then two to three years

He was better then Ingram coming out. It's going to take him 3 years to pass Ingram if he does meet his potential. Where did you get that logic from.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, Ingram hasn't done anything yet. If anything, I would say most fans expected a bitmore from Ingram in year 1. Not saying he won't someday be a star, but he is pretty far from that now. Simmons could surpass him with a dynamic preseason. Really won't take that much.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are another one who is full of shit. You might be a great guy. You might be cool. But theres absolutely not a chance in hell anyone would want Ingram over Simmons. Thats just ludicrous and all of you Laker fans know it. We have one other non Laker fan on here and he said, "You take Simmons 11 times out of 10 over Ingram". Want me to post about 25 articles on how Simmons is the highest rated prospect since Lebron... but you guys would rather have Ingram. Suuuuuuuuuure you would.
I don't need articles, because I WATCHED every game of Simmons at LSU from the beginning of the year, until the end. As I said earlier, the guy is literally AFRAID to take a jump shot outside of the paint, and beyond the 3 point line is totally out of the question for him. He's a GREAT passer, and he's physically imposing, but his shot selection or lack thereof, with his inability to play off ball really bothered me about how he'd fit in Luke's offense long term.
Simmons should be fine in philly, as he may have more of a chance to dominate the ball...but I'm more than ok with Ingram as we haven't even scratched the surface of what he could become

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy...using a Chick-ism...couldn't throw a pea in the ocean...:lol:
lol - Well, I suppose it's possible that he is going to be a great player, but the first couple of years are kind of awash for most rookies aren't they? That's what I think anyway and Ingram has his first year completed where Simmons has nothing. I just think it's going to take a couple of years for Simmons to catch up to Ingram if that's even possible. He did lose an entire year - Now that's nothing compare to what most men have lost on their first wife and second, but it's still a lot of time

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need articles, because I WATCHED every game of Simmons at LSU from the beginning of the year, until the end. As I said earlier, the guy is literally AFRAID to take a jump shot outside of the paint, and beyond the 3 point line is totally out of the question for him. He's a GREAT passer, and he's physically imposing, but his shot selection or lack thereof, with his inability to play off ball really bothered me about how he'd fit in Luke's offense long term.
Simmons should be fine in philly, as he may have more of a chance to dominate the ball...but I'm more than ok with Ingram as we haven't even scratched the surface of what he could become
My train of thought is with the right coaching - Simmons can be developed into an all around player. From what you said here, Simmons is not going to be a LeBron in his first year. In the mean time Ingram has a full year of experience now and is showing enough mystery to believe he can be a fantastic player or better. Simmons has not an entire year and it's going to take the first year to be even close to what he was before the injury. From what I have seen in other players - I still think in two to three years Simmons might be a player you would want - but not right now. Appearantly Philly fans are sensitive

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Well, I suppose it's possible that he is going to be a great player, but the first couple of years are kind of awash for most rookies aren't they? That's what I think anyway and Ingram has his first year completed where Simmons has nothing. I just think it's going to take a couple of years for Simmons to catch up to Ingram if that's even possible. He did lose an entire year - Now that's nothing compare to what most men have lost on their first wife and second, but it's still a lot of time

i guess my thing is that the 2 players aren't oceans apart talent-wise. Simmons has athleticism, Ingram has much better shooting ability. and Vita was right when he said that Ingram's skill set is a MUCH better fit for the Lakers anyhow...

also agree with you on his injury situation holding him back. Hell, we saw what THAT was like with Julius Randle 14 minutes into his 1st season...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess my thing is that the 2 players aren't oceans apart talent-wise. Simmons has athleticism, Ingram has much better shooting ability. and Vita was right when he said that Ingram's skill set is a MUCH better fit for the Lakers anyhow...

also agree with you on his injury situation holding him back. Hell, we saw what THAT was like with Julius Randle 14 minutes into his 1st season...
I would also caution anyone to be too optimistic about Simmons. Kwame Brown was a first round draft pick as well

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you're not grasping is how a player fits with a team. The Sixers have a dearth of bigs, but no one to distribute the ball. Simmons fits that bill and has size to go along with it.

Ingram is a different type of player than Simmons and fits in better with the Lakers who have players who can distribute the ball and will be adding a true PG assuming they take Lonzo.

Simmons looks to be a better fit for the Sixers because they need someone who can distribute the ball and he is a better passer than Ingram and has better handles.

Ingram is a better shooter than Simmons and with his length will likely be at least as good a defender as Simmons will be, which is what the Lakers need.

End of the day, both players are in good spots for them and how they do in their NBA careers will be determined by how hard they want to work to be great.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're not grasping is how a player fits with a team. The Sixers have a dearth of bigs, but no one to distribute the ball. Simmons fits that bill and has size to go along with it.

Ingram is a different type of player than Simmons and fits in better with the Lakers who have players who can distribute the ball and will be adding a true PG assuming they take Lonzo.

Simmons looks to be a better fit for the Sixers because they need someone who can distribute the ball and he is a better passer than Ingram and has better handles.

Ingram is a better shooter than Simmons and with his length will likely be at least as good a defender as Simmons will be, which is what the Lakers need.

End of the day, both players are in good spots for them and how they do in their NBA careers will be determined by how hard they want to work to be great.

I am fine with that but I more then guarantee you if the Lakers had the #1 pick they would have selected Simmons and never would have given Ingram a thought. He's an OK consilation prize... but he sure ain't in the same class as Simmons.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Ingram hasn't done anything yet. If anything, I would say most fans expected a bitmore from Ingram in year 1. Not saying he won't someday be a star, but he is pretty far from that now. Simmons could surpass him with a dynamic preseason. Really won't take that much.

Why is it ever Laker fan say Ingram is who they'd rather have... even after that mediocre season and every other fan of any other NBA team say Simmons is the much better talent. Strange ain't it?